• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Britt Officially Signed

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing ALR. We'll still grab a wideout at some point in the draft in case of injuries. Quick, Britt, Austin, Bailey, and Givens are above average as a group but not by much.

A true #1 like White, Cooper, or Parker in round one would be supported by me. If we get one later then Smith, Strong, Lockette, Dorsey, etc. will add depth.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold on taking a WR at #10.

I think Quick was starting to look like a #1 before his injury. I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

And Britt is still only 26 and could still become that guy ( especially with Foles instead of Bradford ).

I think they still need to draft a WR, just don't want it to be at 10

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we could go the entire draft without taking a WR IMO. Take care of our needs this year like O-line, CB, and maybe a WR in round four or even round seven.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely keeping an open mind to my thoughts on our draft strategy. For example, last year I supported drafting Jake Matthews with our #1 then switched over to drafting Sammy Wadkins.

Taking DT Donald over OG Martin was the right move with our second #1 pick. Both guys have shots at the Hall of Fame if they stay injury free.

This year the draft is loaded at the two positions in my opinion are the most important for our immediate success - WR and OL. We need to keep our defense fresh and we need to keep opposing defenses from stacking the box against Mason, Cunningham, and Stacy.

I'm not writing off Quick becoming a true #1. Britt could breakout in a big way next year too. Of course, Tavon Austin also needs to get fed! Steadman is my man. That's four WR's. Givens regressed a bit and I feel an urge at this point to get a WR in the first two rounds.

OL can be taken care of with three picks in the first four rounds. Believe me, we just might see that happen like Retro suggested in another post.

I have a feeling we'll be debating this right up through the start of the draft!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we take a WR at #10. Quick was on his way last season before the shoulder injury and its not like a knee where he needs 8-9 months of recov time so he should be good. Givens just vanished so if we do pick up a wide out i expect him to be released. Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, draft wideout with Kendricks and Cook as TE. I'll work with that avg to/slight above avg group with a strong ground game and a stout defense. As it looks right now Seattle is our comp maybe the Cards.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta protect Foles. We need OL before wr.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the signing of Britt the only Way I go WR at 10 is if Cooper falls. He is the safest pick in the draft along with Williams the DT. He is the complete package ready to go day 1. unlike White he comes from a pro style offense where he knows how to BLOCK which is big, runs routes like Reggie Wayne, great hands and with pads on is faster then White imo. White had a good year last year but appeared on the scene... where Cooper had a great career against the toughest competition in the SEC and made it look easy!! I don't think he gets to us but with all the very good edge rushers and so many teams that need them in front of us their is a chance. Like Donald was last year he would be just way to good to pass on.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the signing of Britt. He stepped up last year and really helped the younger guys.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper actually doesnt know how to run block.

Im thinking Rams might go oline back to back in rd 1 and 2

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Clayton. I am leaning in that direction. Snisher might surprise us like with the Donald pick last year but right now we are filling up our missing pieces quite well. I could envision taking Scherff, Peat, Collins, Dismukes in the first two rounds and/or picking up Grassu in the third and adding a CB, LB, or WR in between the O-lineman and say round four.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have Britt back, but they overpaid and now have limited what they can do to bolster the OL before the draft. 2 years, 14M seems steep to me.

If this addition puts WR on the back burner in the draft, I'd still like to see the Rams draft someone like Mayle later in the draft. Big, physical guy to develop behind the current crop.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Clayton. I am leaning in that direction. Snisher might surprise us like with the Donald pick last year but right now we are filling up our missing pieces quite well. I could envision taking Scherff, Peat, Collins, Dismukes in the first two rounds and/or picking up Grassu in the third and adding a CB, LB, or WR in between the O-lineman and say round four.

I've been saying the same thing for quite some time! Britt and Quick both have good size, and hopefully if Foles returns to form, they can both have big years, then add in Austin and Bailey we should be better than fine. I don't see where Cooper would improve our passing game that much?

Draft Olineman, then some more Olineman, and then after that, maybe some Olineman, got to hit on a couple, don't we, the more options, the better chance of finding one or two that can step right in and start!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt is a big strong WR, young and can run block. He's a good fit.

We will see who falls to us in the draft.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the signing of Britt. He stepped up last year and really helped the younger guys.
At first glance, this post seems ridiculous, considering that Britt is only 26. At first glance.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm trilled with the contract, but certainly am happy to have him back.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the wisdom coming from our 50+ longtimers, Smed and Retro. Yes, let's please draft some young bulldogs for the OL. Multiple times. However, if we don't trade down, I wouldn't want to pass up a talent like Kevin White. I can see him getting even better in the NFL. Then we can shore up our offensive line for the next three rounds.

The Rams know this to be true - There is no guarantee who we draft in the first round will work out! Snead and Fisher have demonstrated that their draft strategy is BPA. Usually works better than reaching.

White, if he's still on the board, will be the best player available.