• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring it on UK

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So calling somebody an immutable trait which they actually fit is somehow worse than lying about a team? Really?

Your "joke" goes directly to our program. It is patently false, but yet the presence of the stereotype hurts our recruiting and gets repeated on national television despite it's ridiculousness. If you have people accusing John Calipari of marrying his cousin on national television, and I make a joke about it, by all means call bullshit. That's a proper analogy, and you bet damn well that if I made it you wouldn't think it was funny or cool.

Jesus, dude. He made a basketball joke... lighten the fuck up. He didn't call your mom a whore.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, dude. He made a basketball joke... lighten the fuck up. He didn't call your mom a whore.

I'd rather someone call my mom a whore. If that stereotype were prevalent, it wouldn't cost my team recruits.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather someone call my mom a whore.

PmqsTgN.jpg

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So calling somebody an immutable trait which they actually fit is somehow worse than lying about a team? Really?

Your "joke" goes directly to our program. It is patently false, but yet the presence of the stereotype hurts our recruiting and gets repeated on national television despite it's ridiculousness. If you have people accusing John Calipari of marrying his cousin on national television, and I make a joke about it, by all means call bullshit. That's a proper analogy, and you bet damn well that if I made it you wouldn't think it was funny or cool.

Actually as a UK fan, I don't even respond to 99% of the posts made about UK and their fans. Not much point in it. Being a UK fan you hear it all the time, and nothing is going to change because most fans of other schools hate UK and also Duke.

As to Calipari marrying his cousin, I think you should reread my post...that's not what I was saying. If you read it in context you will see I am talking about how the UK players, fans, and coaches all get this stuff said about them. The one about marrying their sisters or cousins is usually implied about the fans.

I wouldn't get too upset about a UK poster making a joke about getting sleepy watching the ball game. Schools recruit players that fit their coaches style of play. The players that Bo Ryan recruits are not the type that Mike Anderson of Arkansas recruits...Bo doesn't play "40 minutes of hell...part 2" like Anderson does.

If you feel that my joke has unduly hurt Bo's recruiting efforts then I guess an apology should be in order...yes?

I'm lying about Wisconsin? I didn't know that having an opinion about how Wisconsin plays was lying...get a grip man.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually as a UK fan, I don't even respond to 99% of the posts made about UK and their fans. Not much point in it. Being a UK fan you hear it all the time, and nothing is going to change because most fans of other schools hate UK and also Duke.

(1.) As to Calipari marrying his cousin, I think you should reread my post...that's not what I was saying. If you read it in context you will see I am talking about how the UK players, fans, and coaches all get this stuff said about them. The one about marrying their sisters or cousins is usually implied about the fans.

I wouldn't get too upset about a UK poster making a joke about getting sleepy watching the ball game. Schools recruit players that fit their coaches style of play. The players that Bo Ryan recruits are not the type that Mike Anderson of Arkansas recruits...Bo doesn't play "40 minutes of hell...part 2" like Anderson does.

If you feel that my joke has unduly hurt Bo's recruiting efforts then I guess an apology should be in order...yes?

(2.) I'm lying about Wisconsin? I didn't know that having an opinion about how Wisconsin plays was lying...get a grip man.

(1.) That was the point, dude. Your stereotype isn't about the fans. Your point is actually about the program. That's why your analogy sucks. I made your analogy better. You can say whatever you want about me, but when you try to bring up stereotypes about our program which hurt recruiting, then I'm gonna call out your shit.

(2.) Well, it is. If I say my opinion is that Kentucky sucks this year and will lose 12 games, I am lying. And if your opinion is that the most efficient offense in history is boring and makes you sleepy, then you are lying. Nobody is that stupid.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1.) That was the point, dude. Your stereotype isn't about the fans. Your point is actually about the program. That's why your analogy sucks. I made your analogy better. You can say whatever you want about me, but when you try to bring up stereotypes about our program which hurt recruiting, then I'm gonna call out your shit.

(2.) Well, it is. If I say my opinion is that Kentucky sucks this year and will lose 12 games, I am lying. And if your opinion is that the most efficient offense in history is boring and makes you sleepy, then you are lying. Nobody is that stupid.

Hell Fire...how long have you been a martinet?

martinet
Use the noun martinet to describe someone who is a stickler when it comes to following rules, such as the teacher who won't accept homework if it is written in a color other than blue.

Pronounce martinet with the accent on the last syllable: "mar-ti-NET." Jean Martinet, the man for whom the word was coined, would insist you say his name correctly. He was a legendary drillmaster for the French army during the reign of Louis XIV. In 1779, a hundred years after Martinet's death, martinet came to mean any officer who was as strict and demanding in adhering to the rules as Martinet himself.

I believe I'll find someone else to talk to......someone who doesn't have a ramrod up their azz.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn smart.....Don't butthurt so damn much. It is unusual that a team of white kids are playing at this high of a level and Big 10 ball is unusually slow at times.

People make fun of the SU zone. People prod the shit out of UK over Cal and recruiting and past vacated wins. Fans love rat face in Duke. Heard any Bruce Pearl to UT snide remarks yet?

So your boys finally made it to the big time. Enough that you have to take some shit. Welcome to the club. Win more and you guys will get used to the rubbing. Or maybe not. But win enough and you get shit from other fans.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some funny quotes in this thread. Hopefully, @TangoBlue fell asleep watching the "slow, boring" Badgers before we eliminated his team while scoring 1.25 PPP.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing wrong with your comments IMO... probably how a lot of people regard Wisconsin basketball program. Wisconsin basketball definitely has it own style, and it is not fast paced, transition basketball that can be more exciting to many.

From the articles I have read, Bo Ryan does not even necessarily attempt to go after some of the high recruits, he goes after the players that fit his style of basketball. If commenting on message boards influenced recruiting (which they do not), it would probably help Bo´s recruiting if anything for the type of players he wants.

Either way... I am enjoying the ride... win or lose Monday Night this team has been fun to follow.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun game and as far as I'm concerned. I sure expected UK to win, but either way it was a good game to watch.

It'll be great to see if the Badgers do have one more in em. Duke's no slouch either.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some funny quotes in this thread. Hopefully, @TangoBlue fell asleep watching the "slow, boring" Badgers before we eliminated his team while scoring 1.25 PPP.

It is slow. Wisconsin is ranked 346th in pace out of 351 teams. That is slow. It isnt a lie, it is 100% accurate. It does not mean it is not effective, but a lot of people do not like that style of play. You are jousting windmills

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah....I was wide awake when Wisconsin beat UK.....my heart was pumping..I was pacing thru the house...and I was not happy with how UK's team was playing! BUT... it was a good game and even though I didn't enjoy the outcome I had to give credit to the way the Wisconsin team played their hearts out. It was a good victory for the Wisconsin players and fans!

I know everyone was extremely happy up there in the frozen north! <- Is it ok to call it the frozen north? :lol:.....just kidding you about the frozen north....is it ever cold up there or is that another stereotype?:scratch: