• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring it on UK

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting for this game all year. You guys are (obviously) much better than last year, but I think we are as well. That whole ND game, I just knew you guys would pull it out. This game was meant to be. Here's to another instant classic.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kaminsky and Dekker played "lights out" yesterday and both made shots from outside at an incredible percentage. I think Arizona is "snake bit" playing Wisconsin.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting for this game all year. You guys are (obviously) much better than last year, but I think we are as well. That whole ND game, I just knew you guys would pull it out. This game was meant to be. Here's to another instant classic.
Careful what you wish for....

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bad matchup, and we'll be huge underdogs. But if we are gonna lose I want it to be to UK. And if we are gonna win the NC, I want to be the ones to have beaten them

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uk is going to manhandle wiz.. because they do not have the speed to bother them so it will be like west virginia against and wiz has no post d

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure why it is a terrible matchup for us when a team running a very similar offense to us just shredded their defense for 1.17 PPP and lost by 2. The only reason Notre Dame didn't win was that their frontcourt was bullied by the much taller Wildcats (as I and just about everyone could see coming). Maybe our frontcourt defense isn't spectacular, but we do have a 7 footer and a 6'9 guy with great athleticism.

So yeah, we are a better team than Notre Dame on both ends of the ball. We don't have Notre Dame's biggest weakness. And Notre Dame just lost by two.

In the end, it comes down to shooting. Kentucky probably wins around 60% of the time, but if we shoot well and they don't, we will win.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uk is going to manhandle wiz.. because they do not have the speed to bother them so it will be like west virginia against and wiz has no post d

You keep talking about speed, and I have no idea what you are talking about. Notre Dame and Kentucky played a game with 57 possessions. It was a slow-paced, half-court game. Notre Dame's best player was Zach Auguste, who isn't any faster than Frank (and definitely isn't faster in the post than Sam). Notre Dame's non-Grant guards weren't all that effective, and while Grant can be speedy, it's not like he was moving that quickly during the game. Again, the pace was slow as hell.

Notre Dame purposely avoided turnovers and just moved away from the ball all game until Kentucky blew an assignment, which is notably the exact thing that we have done to put together the most efficient offense in history. It also was the same strategy we used to score 1.2 PPP against Kentucky last year.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about speed, and I have no idea what you are talking about. Notre Dame and Kentucky played a game with 57 possessions. It was a slow-paced, half-court game. Notre Dame's best player was Zach Auguste, who isn't any faster than Frank (and definitely isn't faster in the post than Sam). Notre Dame's non-Grant guards weren't all that effective, and while Grant can be speedy, it's not like he was moving that quickly during the game. Again, the pace was slow as hell.

Notre Dame purposely avoided turnovers and just moved away from the ball all game until Kentucky blew an assignment, which is notably the exact thing that we have done to put together the most efficient offense in history. It also was the same strategy we used to score 1.2 PPP against Kentucky last year.
notre dame plays with 1 big that gives kentucky issues because of 4 quick ppl wiz plays with 2 big that helps kentucky because frank will guard towns.. which he will get in foul trouble while kentucky has 4 ppl who can guard frank

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressed with the WI bigs v. Zona yesterday. I definitely think that Kaminsky, Hayes, and Dekker can give KY problems. Of course, Towns was a monster himself yesterday. Should be a great game. Would love to see the Badgers win it.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kentucky is unbeaten for a reason, they are a great team. I figured they would have one close call in NCAA tournament and potentially lose... IMO appears that game was vs ND and they win next 2 games.

I hope Wisconsin proves me wrong, but this matchup reminds me of Butler/UConn final a few years back. All the length shut down Butler´s outside shooting and they did not have quickness/athletes to take advantage of this... I think this game could play out the same.

I think Wisconsin playing in a lot of games in this tournament from behind may help them, but think they come up short. If they play like they did in 2nd half vs Arizona they can win as well, but that will be difficult.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with Wisconsin. I didn't think they could handle AZ and we know how that worked out. Still...UK is the beast an think they beat wisconson up pretty good.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with Wisconsin. I didn't think they could handle AZ and we know how that worked out. Still...UK is the beast an think they beat wisconson up pretty good.

Perhaps you are right, but I was encouraged by just how well the WI bigs played against AZ. I was concerned that AZ might be too physical inside, but Kaminsky, Hayes and Dekker were certainly up for the challenge. Not sure that they can't do the same against KY.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
notre dame plays with 1 big that gives kentucky issues because of 4 quick ppl wiz plays with 2 big that helps kentucky because frank will guard towns.. which he will get in foul trouble while kentucky has 4 ppl who can guard frank

Yesterday was the first time all year Frank had 4 fouls and two of them were bullshit. If the strategy is "foul Frank out," well, that's not a good strategy.

I don't think anyone on Kentucky can match up with Frank straight up. I do think Kentucky can shut him out like they did last year, by having 2-3 guys invade him whenever he touches the ball in the post. At that moment, Frank will pass to the open teammate and it comes down to shooting.

I just can't for the life of me understand why everyone thinks our offense will struggle with Kentucky. Did you guys miss yesterday? The poor man's Wisconsin had nearly 1.17 PPP. Wisconsin scores 5 more points per 100 possessions than Notre Dame, adjusted for competition.

Kentucky's obvious advantage is when they are on offense. Kentucky had 1.2 PPP yesterday, and they didn't even shoot that well. We are better than Notre Dame on defense, but we aren't that good. Kentucky could absolutely give us problems in the post, much like Arizona did. That side of the ball scares the crap out of me. But to compare us to West Virginia? To insinuate that we can't score on Kentucky (even though we did last year)? Hell no.

We should score efficiently. Kentucky should score efficiently. Neither of those propositions should be too controversial.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
besides having multiple guys that can knock down 3s nd and Wisconsin are completely different teams. I don't understand the comparison espn keeps giving them. nd is guard driven team. wisky is the complete opposite

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was the first time all year Frank had 4 fouls and two of them were bullshit. If the strategy is "foul Frank out," well, that's not a good strategy.

I don't think anyone on Kentucky can match up with Frank straight up. I do think Kentucky can shut him out like they did last year, by having 2-3 guys invade him whenever he touches the ball in the post. At that moment, Frank will pass to the open teammate and it comes down to shooting.

I just can't for the life of me understand why everyone thinks our offense will struggle with Kentucky. Did you guys miss yesterday? The poor man's Wisconsin had nearly 1.17 PPP. Wisconsin scores 5 more points per 100 possessions than Notre Dame, adjusted for competition.

Kentucky's obvious advantage is when they are on offense. Kentucky had 1.2 PPP yesterday, and they didn't even shoot that well. We are better than Notre Dame on defense, but we aren't that good. Kentucky could absolutely give us problems in the post, much like Arizona did. That side of the ball scares the crap out of me. But to compare us to West Virginia? To insinuate that we can't score on Kentucky (even though we did last year)? Hell no.

We should score efficiently. Kentucky should score efficiently. Neither of those propositions should be too controversial.
frank does not play d.. well know that... he will foul out guarding towns... period... kentucky has 4 players that can guard him..

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin will score. They have the ability to bring their bigs out. That has presented problems for UK. ND destroyed UK on pick and rolls all game. Offensive rebounding will decide the game for Wisky. UK is not a great defensive rebounding team. They are lights out on the offensive boards. UK's bigs generally go for blocks on shots in the paint, that leaves opportunities for offensive boards

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frank does not play d.. well know that... he will foul out guarding towns... period... kentucky has 4 players that can guard him..

LOL. If Frank Kaminsky "doesn't play d,"* it's because he is overly conservative and gives up two points instead of committing a foul. Again, you are guaranteeing that that a guy who fouls 1.6 times per game will foul out. It's hilarious.

*Frank Kaminsky is statistically one of the best 30 defenders in the country. He does get backed over a lot for baskets (largely because he and our team are foul-averse), but he forces a bunch of turnovers and he has one of the highest defensive rebound percentages in the country. So actually, Frank "does play d." That type of defense can be exposed, but he's far from the sieve that Notre Dame's big men are.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irish were fantastic in limiting turnovers- what is Wisconsin's TO ratio like? Dont seem to have many, but I dont know the actual numbers. Guess I ought to look it up...or one of you Badgers can fill me in