• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brett Lawrie: Asshole

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly he was just playing hard and made a bad decision....same thing pablo did against Baltimore and that did not carry over to the following 2 games
It was over the day before yesterday, Kazmir brought it back to life. Herrera added even more gasolina to the situation with his... well whatever that was.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly he was just playing hard and made a bad decision....same thing pablo did against Baltimore and that did not carry over to the following 2 games

It was such a weird play. The ball ricocheted off the pitcher and over to Moose

Not sure if he was following the ball or not, but he had to think he was trying to break up a DP at first. The way Escobar was lined up, there is no way a throw to 1b would have been made

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely
Lawrie knew it was coming
He took his beaning, and went to 1b without incident

He was far more professional than the Royals were in that situation

Thank you. :thumb:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he was screaming at fans in that game. Yesterday that is.

I was just talking about on his way to 1b after Ventura got him

I wasn't at the game, and didn't see his theatrics yesterday. They weren't showing that stuff on TV

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Wakamatsu say to him, because Joyce is normally one of the best umpires in the game. (Other than that one blown call)

Never seen him that mad. Did you see him screaming the f-bomb right up until Wakamatsu went down the tunnel? How is that okay?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was over the day before yesterday, Kazmir brought it back to life. Herrera added even more gasolina to the situation with his... well whatever that was.

I don't think it was over on Saturday because of Ventura actions after hitting lawrie. It would've been done if Ventura didn't pull his stunt. Ventura actions pissed Oakland off obviously. I think they were expecting lawrie to get hit but they were not expecting Ventura to get in Lawrie face after hitting him

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen him that mad. Did you see him screaming the f-bomb right up until Wakamatsu went down the tunnel? How is that okay?

That's what I was talking about. Joyce is normally level headed out there, it was really surprising to see him lose it like that. I was wondering what would cause it.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's set the picture. One team starts things, but the umpires then tell both teams the next incident will result in penalties. Next day, the same team commits an offense, but the umpires again tell both teams the next incident will result in penalties. Three days in a row, the one team is allowed to commit an offense, but the second team is told if they dare respond they will be penalized. Result: the umpires won't deal with it. Someone has to. The Royals have been plunked a baseball leading 14 times already this young season. What's the message? Where are the umpires? Not one of those plunkings resulted in an ejection. If the umpires won't deal with it, the team has to force the issue. Yesterday, the royals forced the issue. If the umpire had ejected Kazmir yesterday, things would have been okay, but not doing it sent a message to the royals that, "here we go again." One of the cardinal rules of baseball is looking out for each other. If Hererra had intended to really hit Lawrie he would have. The behind-him pitch just sent a message. If he had intended to plunk him, he would have.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's set the picture. One team starts things, but the umpires then tell both teams the next incident will result in penalties. Next day, the same team commits an offense, but the umpires again tell both teams the next incident will result in penalties. Three days in a row, the one team is allowed to commit an offense, but the second team is told if they dare respond they will be penalized. Result: the umpires won't deal with it. Someone has to. The Royals have been plunked a baseball leading 14 times already this young season. What's the message? Where are the umpires? Not one of those plunkings resulted in an ejection. If the umpires won't deal with it, the team has to force the issue. Yesterday, the royals forced the issue. If the umpire had ejected Kazmir yesterday, things would have been okay, but not doing it sent a message to the royals that, "here we go again." One of the cardinal rules of baseball is looking out for each other. If Hererra had intended to really hit Lawrie he would have. The behind-him pitch just sent a message. If he had intended to plunk him, he would have.

That's pretty much how I think the Royals clubhouse sees this whole thing yesterday. We'll see what the league thinks of it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys think teams are targeting the royals? For what exactly?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas been hit 16 times. Are they fans throwing a stink about it?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is nobody talking about the obvious here?

Lawrie's stupid Harper-esque eye black?! WTF? It looks so stupid, I can't even take him seriously.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys think teams are targeting the royals? For what exactly?
Too showboaty, cocky, emotional, or something along those lines. Which is fine I guess, but they're picking a fight with a team with a plethora of guys who can throw 97+, so have fun, whoever takes exception.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too showboaty, cocky, emotional, or something along those lines. Which is fine I guess, but they're picking a fight with a team with a plethora of guys who can throw 97+, so have fun, whoever takes exception.

So you seriously think teams are intentionally hitting kc players? Wow

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you seriously think teams are intentionally hitting kc players? Wow
White Sox series this year definitely makes me think that. Right after a Moustakas HR, Cain gets a bean. It's maybe 2-3 of the HBP's at most, but there have been 100% intentional pitches thrown prior to this series.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing wrong with what Brett Lawrie did. It was within the rules and the way the game is played. If we don't want hard slides we should eliminate them. But he simply went in hard and tried to break up and double play and make it harder for Escobar to make the catch. He shouldn't have to apologize for playing baseball and playing hard. He apologized because he didn't intend to hurt him, that doesn't mean he's sorry for the slide.

Having a 100 mph fastball thrown at your head is 100x worse than a takeout slide at second base. The Royals are trying to hurt Lawrie and not trying to play baseball. Lawrie never intended to hurt anyone.

This wasn't a big deal, wasn't even a little deal, in the old days. Why is it so terrible now? So terrible that teams are not throwing at him once, but throwing at him repeatedly and trying to injure him? His slide was completely within the rules and a part of baseball[/QUOTE]

Agree with this 100%. The Royals fans are showing the wussy-ism