• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brett Lawrie: Asshole

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, it's a CBS thing. I was wondering what the hell was going on when I saw the Jeter thread when I came over from ESPN. The Former CBS'ers probably can explain it better than I can.

It was my thread

I used to antagonize Yankee fans about his ability to strike out

Struck out like a power hitter, rarely hit home runs

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Lawrie has a chance to take the high road after the suspension and fine and what does he do? He continues to fuel the flame by flapping his yap to the media. Think the is a reporter or two that is following Lawrie around asking him what he thinks about KC? Seems to me, Lawrie started this mess with his spikes high slide. Good aggressive baseball, maybe. Spike high takes aggressive baseball out of the equation!!! And, I like aggressive baseball Hal McRae. Then Lawrie gets hit by Ventura. Even Steven right? Should have ended there, but no! Kazmir comes out and plunks Cain! Oh sure, in the foot, Kazmir is the smart one, he made it look like an accident but the message was still sent! Kazmir should have been ejected on the spot just like Ventura was. The umpires totally screwed the pooch on that one and that's why Yost get the boot and the other coaches and Escobar got tossed as well. Kazmir's pitch was a little more than an accident. Kazmir should have been ejected there as well. Herrera was responding to Kazmir's pitch!

The Royals have been hit by pitches more times than any team in the Majors. At some point you don't back down anymore! This is about more than good or bad baseball. This is about intimidation. The new kid on the block pops his head up and all of a sudden everyone else in the neighborhood wants to take a shot at him. I am a Royals fan but I do believe I have enough reasonable judgment to see the situation without too much emotion. I was ok with everything and everyone's mistakes until these latest comments from Lawrie. Seems like a crybaby who just got his ass kicked and instead of running home to mommy, he's talking to the reporters.

Better have a good crew in Oakland! Sounds like it still is unsettled thanks to you Brett!

you just made me wet

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if he slides like he is suppose to help his team, stay on base, he is safe by 2 feet. He screwed his own team with his "brilliant" move.

When ARod tried to hit the ball out of the 1st baseman's mit, everyone was against ARod. Lawrie tried to kick off a leg from the bag so he could be safe. No freakin different.
He doesn't have any public favor with me, I think he's a stupid dick full of steroids. That said, I still don't think he was trying to injure the Mexican 2nd baseman.

I don't think he was trying to hurt him, he was trying to kick his leg off the bag because he thought he was going to be out. If he slides correctly, his lead foot would have hit the bag and he would have been safe by at least 2 feet. It was just a bad decision that cost his team an out and a runner in scoring position, maybe even the game. The tide turned after it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if he slides like he is suppose to help his team, stay on base, he is safe by 2 feet. He screwed his own team with his "brilliant" move.

When ARod tried to hit the ball out of the 1st baseman's mit, everyone was against ARod. Lawrie tried to kick off a leg from the bag so he could be safe. No freakin different.

I don't think he was trying to hurt him, he was trying to kick his leg off the bag because he thought he was going to be out. If he slides correctly, his lead foot would have hit the bag and he would have been safe by at least 2 feet. It was just a bad decision that cost his team an out and a runner in scoring position, maybe even the game. The tide turned after it.

I agree. Well said.