• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bret Hart says Bryan is done

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently according to Brett Hart he says Daniel Bryan is done wrestling.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently according to Brett Hart he says Daniel Bryan is done wrestling.

Did Bret sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night? Cause if he didn't this means nothing.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan should not have come back the first time so I sure hope he does not come back again.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bret Hart said it was the same injury situation that forced him into retirement. That means it's concussion-related and not the neck issues that forced Bryan out of action the last time. 3 months is a long time for a concussion. Bret's probably right

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont believe that. I am taking this more like the Edge neck injury, one wrong hit and he is paralyzed. Even Stone Cold is not done because of his knee injuries, its neck and spine related too. There was never anything really mentioned about concussions with Bryan, its all been unsure neck issues which is dealing at the top of the spinal cord.

We gotta remember that Hart is not just the way he is because of wrestling, he had a stroke, so bloodflow to the brain is also effected with neck trauma.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading hart's comments. he sounds like Bret Hart from the late 90s-mid 00's...bitter for whatever reason. He just sounds down right depressing when he talks about Bryan. No hope at all in Hart's eyes, and he doesn't express any sympathy toward Bryan or the loss of Bryan to the fans.

if Bryan doesn't return, what a huge loss for the WWE. The dude is so talented maybe the silver lining could be he owns it on commentary and therefore WWE gets rid of Booker.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really dont believe that. I am taking this more like the Edge neck injury, one wrong hit and he is paralyzed. Even Stone Cold is not done because of his knee injuries, its neck and spine related too. There was never anything really mentioned about concussions with Bryan, its all been unsure neck issues which is dealing at the top of the spinal cord.

We gotta remember that Hart is not just the way he is because of wrestling, he had a stroke, so bloodflow to the brain is also effected with neck trauma.

He had a stroke years after his last match, but he retried because of concussion issues. He took a sloppy kick in the ring and never record or worked a match again

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Been reading hart's comments. he sounds like Bret Hart from the late 90s-mid 00's...bitter for whatever reason. He just sounds down right depressing when he talks about Bryan. No hope at all in Hart's eyes, and he doesn't express any sympathy toward Bryan or the loss of Bryan to the fans.

if Bryan doesn't return, what a huge loss for the WWE. The dude is so talented maybe the silver lining could be he owns it on commentary and therefore WWE gets rid of Booker.

I think Bret's just telling it like it is here. He's called Daniel Bryan one of the best wrestlers in the world in almost every interview I've heard him give in the last few years. He's a huge fan of his work,I just think he talks about concussions from 1st hand experience. If DB is having severe post-concussion issues that's not going to heal with time. With what everyone knows now about long term health and concussions, he should retire if it's serious

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a stroke years after his last match, but he retried because of concussion issues. He took a sloppy kick in the ring and never record or worked a match again

I was just pointing out that he is not staggering around when he walks just because of wrestling injuries, I just believe having a stroke at his young age had something to do with the trauma he experienced wrestling and would be the route Bryan would eventually endure. I just seem to remember Bret being in an altercation or two in the ring after his stroke where he actually did get physical.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was just pointing out that he is not staggering around when he walks just because of wrestling injuries, I just believe having a stroke at his young age had something to do with the trauma he experienced wrestling and would be the route Bryan would eventually endure. I just seem to remember Bret being in an altercation or two in the ring after his stroke where he actually did get physical.

I agree, his physical condition and problems now are more related to the stroke. I'm huge BH fan. I even read his autobiography year ago. I know the Foley books are more popular but BH wrote the best wrestling bio in my opinion. I read it too long ago to recall the specifics on his concussion, but I remember them sounding pretty horrific and like borderline brain damage. He was basically the Daniel Bryan of his era as a smaller wrestler who made it to the top working great, physical matches for a decade. That style definiatley take its toll

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Bret's just talking shit. Bryan's career has been declining since wrestlemania last year. Poor man

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry for the late response, but I just saw this thread.

What really screwed up Bret (He already f'd up by that kick) was that he kept on working after he took that sloppy kick from Goldberg. He took the kick from Goldberg at Starrcade 1999 and worked with Goldberg again the following night on Nitro.

He then proceeded to wrestle Terry Funk in a hardcore match a week later. His stroke came over 2 years later in 2002.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry for the late response, but I just saw this thread.

What really screwed up Bret (He already f'd up by that kick) was that he kept on working after he took that sloppy kick from Goldberg. He took the kick from Goldberg at Starrcade 1999 and worked with Goldberg again the following night on Nitro.

He then proceeded to wrestle Terry Funk in a hardcore match a week later. His stroke came over 2 years later in 2002.

Very Good info. I do remember him saying that Terry Funk was a total pro taking care if him in the match the next week. But that kick did end his career for all intents and purposes