• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC announced they would do that over a year ago.
If the NCAA didn't ban it...

It's quite funny watching you, and the SEC, backtrack. Especially after 100 pages of your shit talking.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NCAA didn't ban it...

It's quite funny watching you, and the SEC, backtrack. Especially after 100 pages of your shit talking.

I think you are doing a bit of wishful thinking here.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not that interesting. Several SEC schools have already talked about their camp plans a while back. Most figured the NCAA wouldn't ban them in the first place and the SEC would just lift their ban. This just makes said plans official.
It's interesting in the fact that just a few months ago Smart was taking shots at Harbaugh, and Harbaugh was saying this, "If the Georgia coach is implying any intent on our part to break rules, he is barking up the wrong tree."

And now they're hosting a camp together.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting in the fact that just a few months ago Smart was taking shots at Harbaugh, and Harbaugh was saying this, "If the Georgia coach is implying any intent on our part to break rules, he is barking up the wrong tree."

Smart is just going to make sure Harbaugh does things on the up and up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither is hosting a camp.

They are "guests".

Btw, have you figured out the advantage Harbaugh had is gone yet?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are "guests".

Its actually quite amusing isn't it. They were all so rustled over the ban. They missed the big picture and what was accomplished. They should thank the P4 for cleaning these camps up and making them for the kids

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are "guests".

He still has an advantage - - - I don't think Nick or Urban are going to go shirtless.

:lol:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are "guests".

Harbaugh still has the advantage because he's Harbaugh and is going to attend like a billion of these things. A few coaches might try to match that, which is fine, but I doubt most will. I think the majority of coaches won't even go to camps elsewhere.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are "guests".

Have you figured out how wrong you are yet? It gives coaches from every conference a chance to go and guest coach at camps in states they otherwise wouldnt have the chance.

The B1G will gain an advantage in SEC and Pac-12 recruiting areas.

The SEC will gain an advantage in B1G and Pac-12 recruiting areas

The Pac-12 will gain an advantage in SEC and B1G recruiting areas.

The advantage doesn't guarantee anything. It gives the coaches exposure and a chance to interact with recruits who otherwise wouldn't have had that shot, as flying back and forth across country isn't something many of these recruits can do.

After meeting a coaching staff and seeing them at work, that can change the perception of some kids and they may go on an official visit.

Are you telling me, you STILL haven't figured out why the SEC was against satellite camps?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you figured out how wrong you are yet? It gives coaches from every conference a chance to go and guest coach at camps in states they otherwise wouldnt have the chance.

The B1G will gain an advantage in SEC and Pac-12 recruiting areas.

The SEC will gain an advantage in B1G and Pac-12 recruiting areas

The Pac-12 will gain an advantage in SEC and B1G recruiting areas.

The advantage doesn't guarantee anything. It gives the coaches exposure and a chance to interact with recruits who otherwise wouldn't have had that shot, as flying back and forth across country isn't something many of these recruits can do.

After meeting a coaching staff and seeing them at work, that can change the perception of some kids and they may go on an official visit.

Are you telling me, you STILL haven't figured out why the SEC was against satellite camps?

Yeah because that's what these things have changed, suddenly coaches are able to contact recruits in areas they couldn't before!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because that's what these things have changed, suddenly coaches are able to contact recruits in areas they couldn't before!

One day you will get it. Keep convincing yourself the SEC wanted camps banned, because they value their vacation time.:pound:

I will give you a hint -- if the SEC had even the SLIGHTEST advantage by partaking in satellite camps -- the ban would have been lifted long ago by them.

Here is a quote for you -- let me know if you can figure it out yet?

The last five recruiting classes have produced 167 five-star recruits. Of which, 128 of them hail from the SEC footprint. Of the top 1,000 players to enter college the last five years, 559 of them played high school football in a state with an SEC program. The ACC footprint is No. 2 with 68 five-star recruits in the last five years.

77% of 5 star recruits over the last 5 years are from SEC country and 56% of the top 1000 players over those same 5 years.

Anything clicking yet?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you a hint -- if the SEC had even the SLIGHTEST advantage by partaking in satellite camps -- the ban would have been lifted long ago by them.

And for about the 100th time - they banned themselves. It didn't stop other schools from doing it.

giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for about the 100th time - they banned themselves. It didn't stop other schools from doing it.

Nope -- you still don't get it.

My guess is you will once it is announced where SEC teams are holding camps, because any school in those areas will be returning the favor.

And before you say -- they are going to go where the 4 and 5 star recruits are. Think real hard and guess where that is? (hint -- 77% of 5 star recruits, 56% of the top 1000 players over the last 5 years)

No conference has more to lose from satellite camps than the SEC and it isn't even close. The next closest is the other conference who filed a proposal to ban the camps.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope -- you still don't get it.

My guess is you will once it is announced where SEC teams are holding camps, because any school in those areas will be returning the favor.

And before you say -- they are going to go where the 4 and 5 star recruits are. Think real hard and guess where that is? (hint -- 77% of 5 star recruits, 56% of the top 1000 players over the last 5 years)

No conference has more to lose from satellite camps than the SEC and it isn't even close. The next closest is the other conference who filed a proposal to ban the camps.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how the SEC banning camps for themselves prevented everyone else from doing it, and how the sudden no change in the rules means the SEC is now screwed over while it wasn't before.

The only thing the NCAA ban and unban did was...allow SEC teams to do it. No change for anyone else, it just unbanned the SEC/ACC.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been asked yet but how many meeeechegan players were drafted last night?:noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been asked yet but how many meeeechegan players were drafted last night?:noidea:

In before "But Hoke" excuse.