• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

**BREAKING NEWS** - No Fine Or Suspension For Chara

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite where Quebec authorities may take their investigation, Pacioretty said in a statement yesterday that he would prefer legal action not to be taken against Chara.

“I sincerely appreciate all of the support that I have received since my injury,’’ he said in a statement, as reported by the Associated Press. “I was disappointed that the NHL did not suspend Zdeno Chara. However, I have no desire for him to be prosecuted legally. I feel that the incident, as ugly as it was, was part of a hockey game.

“I understand that this is not my decision. I have respect and admiration for the authorities in Quebec. I simply wanted to make my opinion clear.’’

Chara, when asked late last night about Pacioretty’s statement, called it a “nice gesture.’’

“It’s very unfortunate,’’ Chara added, speaking of Pacioretty’s injury. “I feel bad about it — you don’t want to see anybody get hurt.’’

Earlier, Chara said again that he knew “deep down’’ that he never intended to hurt Pacioretty.

Police open investigation of Chara’s hit - The Boston Globe

Perhaps they can stop this foolish nonsense now?

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous! I thought Chara's hit was just as clean as any other check into the dashers. The only difference.... the guy hit the column. Just a freak accident but not the first time a player was checked into the bench divider.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous! I thought Chara's hit was just as clean as any other check into the dashers. The only difference.... the guy hit the column. Just a freak accident but not the first time a player was checked into the bench divider.

Try telling that to Habs fans. You'd think Chara murdered his whole family and called in a bomb threat to the Bell Centre.

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of crybabies. It didn't help when Pacioretty released a statement from the hospital saying he was disappointed with the NHL's decision not to suspend Chara.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that though... He was the recipient. But the people of Montreal who were blowing up the emegency telephone line, and the fucktards conducting an investigation are ridiculous.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that MTL is the 1 of 2 NHL arenas that still have their dividers like that...but I dont really notice a difference. Little help?

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can understand that though... He was the recipient. But the people of Montreal who were blowing up the emegency telephone line, and the fucktards conducting an investigation are ridiculous.

What I don't agree with in this whole situation is how the owners and operators of the Bell Center have gotten off with no criticism in this whole situation. When the emergency lines were being lit up by angry citizens about there not being supplemental punishment did anyone mention the gross negligence of the owner's of the facility where the blame should truly rest. Maybe upon reviewing the evidence the police can recommend the DA pursue some type of litigation against The Bell Center. Perhaps they could send a related note to Air Canada regarding the safety of players playing in the rink? Since they are attempting to take the moral high ground in the issue shouldn't this be even a part of the conversation of outrage? The truth is that it should be called as it really is, Montreal fans being angry that one of their players were injured. If it had been any other team in any other city, Montreal could have cared less. That's becoming more obvious as this situation develops.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't agree with in this whole situation is how the owners and operators of the Bell Center have gotten off with no criticism in this whole situation. When the emergency lines were being lit up by angry citizens about there not being supplemental punishment did anyone mention the gross negligence of the owner's of the facility where the blame should truly rest. Maybe upon reviewing the evidence the police can recommend the DA pursue some type of litigation against The Bell Center. Perhaps they could send a related note to Air Canada regarding the safety of players playing in the rink? Since they are attempting to take the moral high ground in the issue shouldn't this be even a part of the conversation of outrage? The truth is that it should be called as it really is, Montreal fans being angry that one of their players were injured. If it had been any other team in any other city, Montreal could have cared less. That's becoming more obvious as this situation develops.

One of the responsibilities of the players is to know their surroundings and act accordingly. Whether its to know when to pull up because a players is against the boards, in front of the goalie, or when the bench door is open. I might see more of this point if this were a brand new arena or if they had turned into it the divider instead of skating straight up the ice. Chara himself has played 60 some games there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. I think this is as clean as any other late hit where one player drives another player's head into the boards. If this was anywhere else on the ice we just might just be talking a major concussion. No big deal.

Bunch of crybabies. It didn't help when Pacioretty released a statement from the hospital saying he was disappointed with the NHL's decision not to suspend Chara.

Yeah, fucking crybaby fans and crybaby player too huh?

But ooh ooh ooh some fans can get more excited now because of their next matchup, thats really going to be great now huh? Yeah because of this hit, its fall out and bad feelings the next game might get really ugly, no I meant really great. Pay no mind that a player is looking at a long recovery, one that its even questionable he can ever return from. Who cares? The next games going to be awesome now! *pounding chest* *pounding chest* *pounding chest*

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I read somewhere that MTL is the 1 of 2 NHL arenas that still have their dividers like that...but I dont really notice a difference. Little help?

jstew had posted a pic of the divider in Vancouver's arena. It is set back about a foot form the boards.
Oct1310_suicidebox_6things.jpg

there are still 6 arenas (Mtl among them) that use the harder glass, and they are scheduled to change to the more forgiving style this summer.
I read that on TSN a few weeks ago, don't remember in who's column though.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, thanks

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What I don't agree with in this whole situation is how the owners and operators of the Bell Center have gotten off with no criticism in this whole situation.

I would have known I was pushing a guy into the stanchion. I don't know how Chara didn't. If an accidental boarding gets you two or three games, pushing a guy into a bad spot should merit the same. No more cracking skulls in the NHL.