• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: James Franklin to be named Penn ST HC

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have personally stayed at Vandy.......the PSU job just isn't what it used to be.

Idiotic response.

Yeah, 107k fans at the stadium every game definitely screams that the program and job has lost its appeal.

The program is down (sanctions aside) due to poor recruiting, development, and coaching stemming from the JoePa days. Franklin seems to be the perfect hire to turn things around.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he from PA? Would make sense for him to go home and coach.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll get someone that's desperate to coach.......but after this latest stunt in how they screwed over the last coach, it's going to be hard to attract a top coaching prospect to go there

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll get someone that's desperate to coach.......but after this latest stunt in how they screwed over the last coach, it's going to be hard to attract a top coaching prospect to go there

Hearing McAdoo and Whisenhunt are the top 2 candidates.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiotic response.

Yeah, 107k fans at the stadium every game definitely screams that the program and job has lost its appeal.

The program is down (sanctions aside) due to poor recruiting, development, and coaching stemming from the JoePa days. Franklin seems to be the perfect hire to turn things around.

Nothing you posted here makes it a better job than Vandy currently

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you posted here makes it a better job than Vandy currently

Interesting, I didn't know Vandy had the kind facilities and fan support that PSU has. When did they install a 100k+ seat stadium and begin filling it up?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I didn't know Vandy had the kind facilities and fan support that PSU has. When did they install a 100k+ seat stadium and begin filling it up?
Maybe Texas Fans will buy all of Lance Armstrong's left over "Live Strong" memorabilia to show support for their new HC?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTenn fans are celebrating something fierce rit now.

Yep, I was enjoying watching Vandy take over as Tennessee's most dominant football program. That is over for now

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read slowly.

RIGHT NOW, as of this minute, today, this year, next year - the Vandy job is BETTER.

Long term, PSU is. But if I had to choose between the two today, it's Vandy no question for me.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guys name has been super hot for the last couple of years and the best he gets is Penn State?

Nothing against PSU as a football program, but that place is in shambles to be considered a big time job, especially after the jab O'Brien gave the fans and admin.

Thinking one more year at Vandy would have opened up better options for him.

Penn State has the 2nd-largest football stadium in the nation (capacity 107,572). They didn't tear it down, it is still there.

Plus, things worked out well for the last Penn State coach (got hired as head coach of the NFL team for the 5th largest metro area in the country in Houston, Texas) and he didn't even have Penn St in the Top 25

And, at Penn St, Franklin inherits a very good young QB in Christian Hackenberg who just finished his true freshman season

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read slowly.

RIGHT NOW, as of this minute, today, this year, next year - the Vandy job is BETTER.

Long term, PSU is. But if I had to choose between the two today, it's Vandy no question for me.

Then you are a moron.

Why is Vandy better?

Can they attract better talent? - No.
Do they have a better chance of winning their conf or getting to a bowl game? - No.
Do they have better facilities? - No.
Do they have better talent? - Debatable
Does that job pay more? - No
Does vandy have a better history? - Laughably no.

The ONLY reason you think vandy is better is because of things done at that program by their head coach.
The PSU job is better this year, next year, and every year to follow. What you are foolishly tryin to claim is akin to someone claiming that the Louisville job is preferable to UT.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN insider dude (can't recall his name) who supposedly has contacts with folks close to James Franklin...a primary reason Franklin took the Penn State job is because he truly believes he can win a national championship as the Nittany Lion coach, whereas at Vanderbilt, a natty was not very likely.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guise.. It's been tossed around that PSU could end up bowl eligible this upcoming year. Sanctions are on their way out. LOB's recruiting class has stuck in there, and we have one of the top going into 2nd year QBs out there. This is for real now. Call me a homer, but we'll be back in the national picture very soon now.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guise.. It's been tossed around that PSU could end up bowl eligible this upcoming year. Sanctions are on their way out. LOB's recruiting class has stuck in there, and we have one of the top going into 2nd year QBs out there. This is for real now. Call me a homer, but we'll be back in the national picture very soon now.

With a quality HC and aggressive recruiting, there is no reason why PSU shouldn't be in the national picture every year.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a quality HC and aggressive recruiting, there is no reason why PSU shouldn't be in the national picture every year.

A postseason ban tends to hurt but if it goes away sooner than expected, we should end up as strong as ever very soon.

As long as Franklin doesn't ghost us too.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A postseason ban tends to hurt but if it goes away sooner than expected, we should end up as strong as ever very soon.

As long as Franklin doesn't ghost us too.

Well yeah, I meant under normal circumstances.