• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: James Franklin to be named Penn ST HC

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to both Vanderbilt (my best friend from HS went there) and PSU (my brother went there) on multiple occasions.

Vandy may have the better academics, but the student life is 10X better at PSU than Vandy. PSU is a campus that is entirely self sustaining and offers pretty much every activity you can name.

I have been to a lot of campuses and I am telling you that trying to downplay PSU campus proves that you are just talking out of your ass.
The point is that the only person downplaying anything is you dumping on Vandy. No one said PSU was a bad experience.

As to lifestyle, there is a lot of variation. One person who loves a large university could be totally out of place in a small school, and vice versa. I know people who went to large universities, spent one semester on campus, and then moved into an apartment for the next 3.5 years, going to class and working. They were fine with that.

At Vanderbilt:

- Vibrant Greek system - their social system is outstanding
- 95% of all students live on campus
- Great facilities - their Freshman Commons concept is second to none for incoming Freshman.
- Then you have Nashville, with 2 Pro teams, an awesome downtown, and the country music scene
- It is small enough that you get to know most of your classmates
- Academics is obviously awesome
- For the guys, great looking women
- Great all around weather
- SEC athletics (good in baseball and hoops, getting there in FB)

As for a self-sustaining campus, you can't get any better than Vandy ... 95% of students live on campus. While you have Nashville if you want to avail yourself to it, you don't have to.

You seem to be an angry, bitter person. Chill out.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that something real cool about Vandy when we were there is that we just walked into the stadium the day before the game and there were students running steps & we went down onto the field. That would never happen at PSU.

by far one of the biggest problems with joe pa. he never let that stadium be used for anything other than football. hopefully with new leadership that policy changes.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that the only person downplaying anything is you dumping on Vandy. No one said PSU was a bad experience.

As to lifestyle, there is a lot of variation. One person who loves a large university could be totally out of place in a small school, and vice versa. I know people who went to large universities, spent one semester on campus, and then moved into an apartment for the next 3.5 years, going to class and working. They were fine with that.

At Vanderbilt:

- Great facilities - their Freshman Commons concept is second to none for incoming Freshman.
- Then you have Nashville, with 2 Pro teams, an awesome downtown, and the country music scene

As for a self-sustaining campus, you can't get any better than Vandy ... 95% of students live on campus. While you have Nashville if you want to avail yourself to it, you don't have to.

i am not downplaying vandy, but anyone even remotely saying that this is not an upgrade for franklin is flat out wrong. especially when they cite "oh vandy has a better campus"

sorry but no. I have only been to two SEC schools and while they were both some of the most beautiful that I have ever seen, they don't come close to the PSU campus

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah sorry but anyone trying to down playing the student life at PSU is clearly talking out of their ass
Except that I wasn't down playing the student life at PSU. I was simply correcting someone else who posted as if Vandy didn't have the vibrant lifestyle that anyone who has ever been there agrees that it has. I am confident that PSU is a great place to go to school, and that their students have a great time. You are the only person in this thread that is putting anyone down. Quit project your anger and hate on others.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh ...

1. Pretty much every university of size has their own golf course. Just picking nits.

2. Vandy is not remotely comparable to PSU in academics ... it is far superior. :nod:

3. The Vandy overall college experience is just as good if not better than PSU ... you act like Vandy is some small liberal arts college. Other than a big stadium, there ins't much you get at PSU you don't get at Vandy.

a Georgia fan arguing that Vandy is better than Penn State would be like a Georgia fan arguing Vandy is better than Georgia

and when it comes to academics, Penn State is more comparable to Vandy than Georgia is

US News Best Colleges
#17 Vanderbilt
#36 Georgia Tech
#37 Penn State
#60 Georgia

but top football recruits are looking for a great football experience and to get in the NFL, and schools like Penn State and Georgia are a lot better at that than schools like Vandy, Duke, Wake Forest, Northwestern, etc

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At Vanderbilt:

"Just because you graduated from there and I've never been doesn't mean that you know more about Vanderbilt than me. Penn State is 10x better." - john01992

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that something real cool about Vandy when we were there is that we just walked into the stadium the day before the game and there were students running steps & we went down onto the field. That would never happen at PSU.
When I was there my frat house was right across the street. When it snowed, we would walk over and get a good football game going against another frat in the snow. Nothing like tackle football in the snow on a college football stadium.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Just because you graduated from there and I've never been doesn't mean that you know more about Vanderbilt than me. Penn State is 10x better." - john01992

you do a lot of talking out of your ass.

I have been to both schools and there is a clear difference IMO

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not downplaying vandy, but anyone even remotely saying that this is not an upgrade for franklin is flat out wrong. especially when they cite "oh vandy has a better campus"

sorry but no. I have only been to two SEC schools and while they were both some of the most beautiful that I have ever seen, they don't come close to the PSU campus
Please put down the crack pipe:

1. You were downplaying Vandy, and calling me a dumbfuck in doing so.

2. None of us, in the part of the thread you jumped into, were discussing Franklin's decision. I posted previously in this thread it was a great and obvious move for him. You can't even remember what you were hating about 5 minutes ago.

3. Show me where anyone said that Franklin should have stayed at Vandy because Vandy has a better campus than PSU. Go ahead, I'll wait.

4. Now you are conflating the beautiful campus v. campus lifestyle. You can't keep your mind on a single subject for more than a minute. You have the attention span of a nat.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please put down the crack pipe:

1. You were downplaying Vandy, and calling me a dumbfuck in doing so.

2. None of us, in the part of the thread you jumped into, were discussing Franklin's decision. I posted previously in this thread it was a great and obvious move for him. You can't even remember what you were hating about 5 minutes ago.

3. Show me where anyone said that Franklin should have stayed at Vandy because Vandy has a better campus than PSU. Go ahead, I'll wait.

4. Now you are conflating the beautiful campus v. campus lifestyle. You can't keep your mind on a single subject for more than a minute. You have the attention span of a nat.

I think the move is lateral at best.
-hammerdown

The Vandy overall college experience is just as good if not better than PSU
-lawdawg

are you freaking kidding me? nobody is downplaying PSU?

jeez talk about a bunch of idiots

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do a lot of talking out of your ass.

I have been to both schools and there is a clear difference IMO

Why do you feel the need to resort to juvenile insults over this?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have snapped some pics of the girls on 21st Ave. :omg:

Chick that was singing at The Stage was smokin hot. Pic didn't come out though.
71619_1655233227192_6339546_n.jpg

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you feel the need to resort to juvenile insults over this?

its not an insult. i see a bunch of idiots making ignorant comments. just correcting yall cuz I have experienced both schools and there is a clear difference.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the move is lateral at best.
-hammerdown

The Vandy overall college experience is just as good if not better than PSU
-lawdawg

are you freaking kidding me? nobody is downplaying PSU?

jeez talk about a bunch of idiots

You're obviously teetering on the edge of a meltdown because a couple of us happen to be complimentary of Vanderbilt. Go outside, walk around, talk a friend, enjoy a refreshment but do something to calm yourself down and then come back and try again later.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vandy couldn't even fill their 40K stadium for senior day? That is crazy. The Texas High School championships drew 60K

Last edited by a moderator:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chick that was singing at The Stage was smokin hot. Pic didn't come out though.
71619_1655233227192_6339546_n.jpg

i have been to that exact same place. I remember that mural on the wall and needed the waitress to explain who all those singers were.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vandy couldn't even fill their 40K stadium for senior day? That is crazy. The Texas High School championships drew 60K

Yeah. And thats probably the lowest attendance for PSU senior day since the most recent stadium addition.