• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: James Franklin to be named Penn ST HC

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, you can cuss like a sailor here but they edit that word.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vandy has boosters who sneeze $50M over 10 years.
This is true ... very wealthy alumni. Our frat house was looking pretty run down ... one of my frat bros ponied up 100K for starters, and the raised about 650K in a month to rebuild it. Scary money.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true ... very wealthy alumni. Our frat house was looking pretty run down ... one of my frat bros ponied up 100K for starters, and the raised about 650K in a month to rebuild it. Scary money.

Frat boys...is there anything they can't do?

Oh beauuuuutifullll, for spaaaaacious skies...

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good read for anyone out there who isn't sure what to think about Penn State.
By Not Kowtowing to Columnist Blowhards, Penn State is Finally Moving On - Black Shoe Diaries

That sums it up nicely.

This was the best part:

That's how we get these petulant, churlish blowhards saying things like:

"James Franklin is a coveted 41-year-old head coach who probably would make a fine hire for any of his other suitors. Just not Penn State."

and

"Franklin has not been tied to the case, at all. But he was the coach when it happened and that should be enough -- especially at Penn State."

and

"Penn State football is still a toxic waste dump and the last thing you need at a toxic waste dump is a guy who had a train full of chemicals derail and blow up in his last town."

Aye, there's the rub. At Penn State, we're not allowed to hire the best man for the job because of something so insignificant it wouldn't have affected his employment anywhere else, because of an alleged indiscretion that has, obviously, been well vetted and researched and then cleared once again by administrators who must have known the chorus of idiots would start chirping as soon as the news came out. And it's all because of the ouroboros that is media outrage which becomes a spectator sport in its own right, feeding on itself until it becomes the story, until these writers become the story.

The stupidity of people and how they use a tragic event for their own benefit is sickening.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yup. But anyways... #planewatch4 should be starting soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Franklin for getting Vandy to the next level. Let's hope that what he did sticks, and the next coach that comes in continues to build. I wish him the best. I look forward to PSU pounding the shit out of the rest of the B1G in years to come. :nod:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radio sports report tonight said that Franklin will earn approx. $4.5 million per year as the Penn State coach. Yikes...that's a lot of dough, and would make Franklin the 2nd highest paid B1G coach (Urban Meyer earns approx $4.6 million annually).

USA Today | Sports | COLLEGE

$$$

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some skeptical folks are saying James Franklin is a bad hire for Penn State because he will probably bolt for the NFL in a few years.

Well, with the kind of dough Franklin is supposedly going to be paid by Penn State, I don't think he will be jumping to the NFL anytime soon. Plus, if Franklin is very successful at Penn State, you can be darn sure he will be given a pretty good raise.

Check out this list of NFL coach salaries, and you will see that Franklin will be making NFL money at Penn State...in fact, his Penn State money would put him into the top half of NFL salaries:

Coaches Salaries NFL

$$$

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ovah. Welcome, coach!

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some skeptical folks are saying James Franklin is a bad hire for Penn State because he will probably bolt for the NFL in a few years.

Well, with the kind of dough Franklin is supposedly going to be paid by Penn State, I don't think he will be jumping to the NFL anytime soon. Plus, if Franklin is very successful at Penn State, you can be darn sure he will be given a pretty good raise.

Check out this list of NFL coach salaries, and you will see that Franklin will be making NFL money at Penn State...in fact, his Penn State money would put him into the top half of NFL salaries:

Coaches Salaries NFL

$$$

For a lot if coaches the lure to the NFL is not $. It's the challenge. These are huge egos you're dealing with.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BlueWhiteIllustrated.com - Official: Penn State tabs Franklin to lead Lions
"I can't tell you how excited I am to come home," Franklin stated via press release. "I grew up watching Penn State football and now to be at the helm of such a storied program is a tremendous honor
"It's important to me to be a part of a University that strives for excellence in everything they do. When football student-athletes come to Penn State, they have a unique opportunity to receive a premium education while playing at the highest level of competition."
"I'm incredibly excited to get to know the students, alumni, and fans who have demonstrated such loyalty to the University as a whole and to the football program in particular," Franklin said. "I've worked my way through every division of football and no other school boasts a fan base like we do. We Are...Penn State!!"

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanderbilt Begins Process To Find New Football Coach - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports
"There is no question that James Franklin's outstanding work has helped put Vanderbilt football on the national stage," said Williams. "We are extremely sorry to see the Franklin family leave our university and community, and we thank them and wish them the very best
"I want to assure our campus community and Commodore Nation that we are prepared to begin the process that we've used in the past to identify and hire our other very successful head coaches," said Williams. "We have every expectation to hire an outstanding new football coach to build upon the progress that has been made in recent years."
"Our objective is to hire an outstanding football coach, one capable of running the program like a CEO, and do so in a timely manner," Williams said. "We are confident in our process and ability to hire a coach that will be able to advance the tremendous progress our program has made over the past three years.