• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Commence defcon 5 meltdown mode.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're assuming some guy standing there had a tape recorder in his pocket running.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that same article, he said they thought they knew who it was and the university is invistigating it.
If they are using resources to find out who they must think that this 'who' is liable.

Liable to be fired.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he should assume that unless the mic guy says, we are going to test this. Also, when I heard the recording, Bo seemed very far from the mic, someone else in the conversation sounded closer (again I don't remember who was in on the conversation).

Found this nugget from a Nebraska court case:
The congressional findings made concerning the federal act in 18 U.S.C.A. §§ 2510 to 2520 (West 1970) provide:
"(d) To safeguard the privacy of innocent persons, the interception of wire or oral communications where none of the parties to the communication has consented to the interception should be allowed only when authorized by a court of competent jurisdiction and should remain under the control and supervision of the authorizing court....​

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've now spent too much time on this. I probably should do some work before I get fired.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he should assume that unless the mic guy says, we are going to test this. Also, when I heard the recording, Bo seemed very far from the mic, someone else in the conversation sounded closer (again I don't remember who was in on the conversation).

Found this nugget from a Nebraska court case:
[/INDENT]

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan

We begin bombing in five minutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Same Shit

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a legal issue here, merely university policy issues.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Released on 09/18/2013, at 11:54 AM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lincoln, Neb., September 18th, 2013 —
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Director of Athletics Shawn Eichorst issued the following joint statement today:

“The comments made by Head Football Coach Bo Pelini in 2011, published Monday, are unfortunate and deeply concerning to us, as they would be to anyone who loves this university. Our coaches, staff and student-athletes must be held to a high standard and Coach Pelini's remarks were unfair to the legions of Nebraska fans and not what we expect from a representative of this university. Former Director of Athletics Tom Osborne became aware of these comments and the existence of a recording more than a year ago, and addressed the matter with Coach Pelini. We have observed, and many others have commented, that Coach Pelini’s demeanor has significantly improved since the time of this incident. Coach Pelini has given us his assurance that he understands the seriousness and inappropriateness of his comments. We believe he is sincere in his apology and in his regret. We are prepared to put the matter to rest. Our football student-athletes, coaches and staff deserve all of our support and we know the Nebraska faithful will be there for them.”

Statement from Chancellor Perlman, Director of Athletics Eichorst | News Releases | University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAOOOOO. OD actually gives zero fucks about Bo or NU. Just worried his precious OC might be gone at the end of the season.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAOOOOO. OD actually gives zero fucks about Bo or NU. Just worried his precious OC might be gone at the end of the season.

LOL, he needs to realize that we are letting him learn a little more on their dime before we put him in control of the Mother Ship.