• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Commence defcon 5 meltdown mode.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, zero percent chance we poach a coach midseason.. it wont happen

you don't necessarily need to take him now, but the fact that a phone call be placed mid-season and mentally he knows he is gone, he will have one foot out the door the rest of the season.

Will hurt our recruiting.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our interim HC will be? Barney, Ta Da!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you liking NU's special teams?

Barney is the, well whatever his official title and job is. He would be the perfect fall guy for when the team has it's worst year since Ive been alive.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd: husker fans are silly

I knew this girl in high school… She was fun to be around and was also beautiful and charming! She was one of those girls who even though she could date anyone, she would hang around me and make me feel good about myself. She came from a very wealthy family who was well respected not only around my town but other towns as well. Her family had a great business. Her Grandfather won the chamber businessman of the year twice and her Father won it three times. She got married right out of high school to a longtime friend. They had a good marriage but one day back in 2001 they got into a horrible car wreck in Colorado and he passed away. Ever since then she was never quite the same. She lacked the confidence and beauty she once had and turned into a scared and timid person.

She remarried to a guy from California and he chose to hang out with his lifelong friends instead of working on their relationship. They ultimately decided to part ways a few years later. She then married a third time to a blue collared/no nonsense type of guy. Her father decided to retire and let her husband take over the family business that was so well respected and feared buy so many other businesses in competition with them. Over time her husband would make some business choices that just didn't seem right and when they didn't work out he would fly off the handle, yell and curse. This was something that the business had never experienced before. He hired a few of his college buddies to work directly under him and their work lacked results that once used to make the business so great. Their product was very inconsistent. One week it would look great and the next week it would suffer huge losses because of the lack of discipline and focus. Businesses that were in competition with the family used that against them and stole some of their potential employees. Other long time employees would question his tactics and her husband would down grade them and treat them with little respect.

One day his wife approached him about changing some of his ways because the business was struggling to make ends meet and he verbally abused her, belittled her and told her to never question his tactics again or he would leave. After being married 3 times in 16 years she thinks a third divorce would be a bad choice because she doubts herself doesn't think she could find a man who would want to be with her and run the family business. Should she stay with her husband and try to work things out or get out of this relationship?

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effing BS to fire a man based on something he said behind closed doors 2 EFFING YEARS AGO. And it was completely taken out of context, he wasn't mother effing the entire fanbase he was mother effing those who left and gave up on the players and team that left the game early. Sorry. But as an outsider looking in this is terrible. Fire the guy for on field issues, which at THIS POINT IN TIME HAS NOT WARRANTED a firing. You do that at the end of the season, how foolish does this look if Nebrasak goes 11-1, or even 10-2 with a conference/division title.

This is a major issue outside of just football. The fact that Bo said what eh said behind closed doors to a group of people he thought he could trust and it comes out 2 years later to bite him in the ass. THIS is more than a football issue, this is an issue with society today. The person who leaked this audio should be called out and face the music.

Fire Bo at end of season based on his on field performance. This is not like he cheated or is being accused of NCAA violations, the dude was emptional and said things to people who counted them out. Absolute BS if he goes because of this, it speaks volume to our pussified society and how social media and technology has just completely made people completely non authentic.

If he goes because of this, I hope Bo publically Mother F's everyone who has done him wrong.

Dear Lord you gonna be ok ?

Lol Fuck!
bo will be fired bc he's topped out and over his head not bc of the tape

And Oregon will be fine with or without frost y'all have a system in place the next coach will step up and run it

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a link to Bo's Sirius interview where he says "I have an idea" who leaked this tape, ever posted here.

Here's the deal and I had to look up Nebraska Laws - unless it was 1 of the 3 people heard talking on the tape, the conversation was recorded illegally. That's the law in Nebraska. Unless you directly contributed in the conversation that gets recorded, you can't record it. So, someone could get some jail time or a fine for recording this tape. (I didn't bother looking up the penalties)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a link to Bo's Sirius interview where he says "I have an idea" who leaked this tape, ever posted here.

Here's the deal and I had to look up Nebraska Laws - unless it was 1 of the 3 people heard talking on the tape, the conversation was recorded illegally. That's the law in Nebraska. Unless you directly contributed in the conversation that gets recorded, you can't record it. So, someone could get some jail time or a fine for recording this tape. (I didn't bother looking up the penalties)

You're talking about physically recording it and releasing something that has already been recorded.

The law is meant to protect from wire tapping. IE planting a tape recorder by someone not in the room, or bugging a phone.

If it was done by someone in the room it is not illegal no matter how it goes public.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The person who released it to deadspin did not need to be in the room. The person who physically "recorded" it needed to be in the room.

Only one person in the room needs to be aware there is a recorder running.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you are wrong. someone in the room doesn't have the right to record it unless they actually contributed to the conversation. Now maybe the audio is longer and this is just a short chunk, but I only heard 3 voices, so if it wasn't one of those 3 recording, then it was illegal.

I'll go find the text again.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can record a phone conversation between you and someone else (without their knowledge) legally and share it with whom you wish.

You cannot bug a neighbors phone and record their conversations with others and share it. You cannot bug your own phone and record your spouse having a private conversation with the pool skimmer guy. You are not physically part of the conversation, therefore it is illegal.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you are wrong. someone in the room doesn't have the right to record it unless they actually contributed to the conversation. Now maybe the audio is longer and this is just a short chunk, but I only heard 3 voices, so if it wasn't one of those 3 recording, then it was illegal.

I'll go find the text again.

I disagree. If they were in the room they were 'meant to hear what was being said'.

Unless of course they were hiding in a closet. That would be different.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i used this: State-by-State Recording Laws

One-Party Consent Statutes
Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so. These laws are referred to as “one-party consent” statutes, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it. (Nevada also has a one-party consent statute, but the state Supreme Court has interpreted it as an all-party rule.)
Nebraska – It is not unlawful to intercept a wire, electronic, or oral communication when the interceptor is a party to the conversation or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent.
So, i guess someone in the room could record as long as 1 of the 3 people heard on the tape had given permission to record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i used this: State-by-State Recording Laws

So, i guess someone in the room could record as long as 1 of the 3 people heard on the tape had given permission to record.

Nebraska – It is not unlawful to intercept a wire, electronic, or oral communication when the interceptor is a party to the conversation or one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent.

As long as they knew the individual was in the room (within earshot) to hear the conversation, it is not illegal. He/she is a "party to the conversation".

If said person were hiding in a closet, it's illegal.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i actually talked to my FIL (he's a judge here in Nebraska) on that last night. Nebraska Courts have determined a "party to the conversation" to be someone who actually participated in the conversation. He couldn't site the exact court cases, but with a lot of effort on my part (or probably a little on his) they could be found.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that same article, he said they thought they knew who it was and the university is invistigating it.
If they are using resources to find out who they must think that this 'who' is liable.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i actually talked to my FIL (he's a judge here in Nebraska) on that last night. Nebraska Courts have determined a "party to the conversation" to be someone who actually participated in the conversation. He couldn't site the exact court cases, but with a lot of effort on my part (or probably a little on his) they could be found.

It's probably an open mic issue. The same mic that was used in the conference was on when Pelini walked into the room. The engineers were running tests Pelini should assume that.

The issue is university policy. The individual could be fired for going to the media without university Public Affairs permission, if the person indeed works for the university.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn OD did you forget your meds? #Freaking out!