• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braxton Miller

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it. Here's the Cliff's Notes.

MAIZEandBLUE09: Blah, blah, backpedal, blah, backpedal, backpedal, blah blah.
OSU translation -- I didn't read. Rather than say that, I'll post some gibberish.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Miller was a beast before yesterday, but I didn't think he had just as good of a chance of being in the Heisman race as a wide receiver/running back/wildcat qb than just being the qb.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hoke was a great recruiter, bad coach"

Did I get that right?
I still think that's true. Despite a similar score to last year, that team performed at a higher level than Hoke's team did last year after 4 seasons. And there were some pretty good individual performances last week from kids who were highly rated out of HS -- more importantly -- the defense performed at an elite level. Most of Hoke's recruiting rankings were due to his defensive recruiting, and it showed. Other than a couple key recruits, Hoke really failed to recruit the offensive skill positions well.

But I do agree, it's a little surprising that our two five stars, Green and Morris, look to both be busts. On the other hand, Peppers looks to be everything he was supposed to be.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Thomas is a flat out stud and he proved that he is the best WR in the country. He had his way against Fuller, which is something that does not happen. The offense is sick. The defense is only going to get a lot better with Bosa back. Washington was absolutly killing that OL last night.

Will Fuller says hello.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. The only embarrassing thing about that original thread was the Michigan predictions made by OSU fans. My prediction was clearly satire -- but I assumed OSU fans knew what that was. My bad.

So far they are 1 for 1.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that's true. Despite a similar score to last year, that team performed at a higher level than Hoke's team did last year after 4 seasons. And there were some pretty good individual performances last week from kids who were highly rated out of HS -- more importantly -- the defense performed at an elite level. Most of Hoke's recruiting rankings were due to his defensive recruiting, and it showed. Other than a couple key recruits, Hoke really failed to recruit the offensive skill positions well.

But I do agree, it's a little surprising that our two five stars, Green and Morris, look to both be busts. On the other hand, Peppers looks to be everything he was supposed to be.

One is a third string RB, the other is a back up QB to an awful QB. They are already busts. Just like a TON of Hoke's recruits. Are you forgetting about Kalis, Pipkins, and practically any other O-line recruit during his tenure.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a third string RB, the other is a back up QB to an awful QB. They are already busts. Just like a TON of Hoke's recruits. Are you forgetting about Kalis, Pipkins, and practically any other O-line recruit during his tenure.
Pipkins isn't quite fair -- he had like 3 or 4 injuries in his time here. Kalis is starting on the OL and one of the better lineman.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipkins isn't quite fair -- he had like 3 or 4 injuries in his time here. Kalis is starting on the OL and one of the better lineman.

"However, Kalis' career at Michigan has been underwhelming so far, stooping as low as losing playing time to walk-ons this season. Now a redshirt sophomore, Kalis has time to turn it around and he's now in the starting lineup, but he hasn't had the lift on Michigan's program that comes with that five-star label."

Taken from an article last November, from Cleveland.com. And did you forget your O-line sucks?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"However, Kalis' career at Michigan has been underwhelming so far, stooping as low as losing playing time to walk-ons this season. Now a redshirt sophomore, Kalis has time to turn it around and he's now in the starting lineup, but he hasn't had the lift on Michigan's program that comes with that five-star label."

Taken from an article last November, from Cleveland.com. And did you forget your O-line sucks?

Our O-line allowed 0 sacks against a team that lead in sacks a year ago. And while our running game suffered, I still maintain that's on running backs for not hitting holes. We saw what happened when a decent running back ran behind this line when Drake Johnson played against OSU last year. And by "decent" I mean one that is capable of running into open holes. Unfortunately he injured his ACL and would probably be starting right now if he were totally healthy again. He dressed last game but still had a knee brace. I think he averaged like 7.5 yards per carry on like 14 carries against OSU last year (you know, that team who won the national title). Bad O-lines aren't capable of that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-line allowed 0 sacks against a team that lead in sacks a year ago. And while our running game suffered, I still maintain that's on running backs for not hitting holes. We saw what happened when a decent running back ran behind this line when Drake Johnson played against OSU last year. And by "decent" I mean one that is capable of running into open holes. Unfortunately he injured his ACL and would probably be starting right now if he were totally healthy again. He dressed last game but still had a knee brace. I think he averaged like 7.5 yards per carry on like 14 carries against OSU last year (you know, that team who won the national title). Bad O-lines aren't capable of that.

Yeah, the one good thing Rudock does is get rid of the ball to avoid the sack. Doesn't mean he wasn't rushed on some of his throws. The O-line still isn't any good. Bringing up what Johnson did against Ohio State last year does nothing for me either. Ohio State's rush defense was a slightly above average P5 defense last year. They won the title because of their offense more than anything.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the one good thing Rudock does is get rid of the ball to avoid the sack. Doesn't mean he wasn't rushed on some of his throws. The O-line still isn't any good. Bringing up what Johnson did against Ohio State last year does nothing for me either. Ohio State's rush defense was a slightly above average P5 defense last year. They won the title because of their offense more than anything.

Whatever you think, it's hard to deny that there weren't a ton of open holes for RB's in the game against Utah and often times our RB just completely missed them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maizeANDblue09...

how often do you listen to the voices in your head?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you think, it's hard to deny that there weren't a ton of open holes for RB's in the game against Utah and often times our RB just completely missed them.

Yeah they did create some holes, any O-line will do that. But when it came down to it, they got stuffed on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 late in the game.