• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braxton Miller to Bama???

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to argue with you, but I don't understand where the idea that Watson in rigid. He ran a conservative power running system at Colorado. West Coast at Nebraska, until he started a Freshman and installed the zone read for Martinez. Strong was running power spread and he changed it to a West Coast offense for Bridgewater. I font see that as rigid

I understand all that, and it could be that me calling him rigid based off last year (which is what I'm doing) is faulty; the offense last year had no offensive line, and a quarterback with no experience thrust into the starting role with Ash's injury.

But I cant get last year out of my mind, that is those plays where Swoopes was not allowed to run the zone read, at all. The few plays he ran it were in the OU game, then it was gone. Maybe they told him not to run fearing injury? Whatever it was, and with all the limitations they faced, I saw an offense last year that was entirely too unimaginative. And thus the rigid comment.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand all that, and it could be that me calling him rigid based off last year (which is what I'm doing) is faulty; the offense last year had no offensive line, and a quarterback with no experience thrust into the starting role with Ash's injury.

But I cant get last year out of my mind, that is those plays where Swoopes was not allowed to run the zone read, at all. The few plays he ran it were in the OU game, then it was gone. Maybe they told him not to run fearing injury? Whatever it was, and with all the limitations they faced, I saw an offense last year that was entirely too unimaginative. And thus the rigid comment.

I can not argue that. I think the offensive side seemed to almost concede at times. Offense it much different this year, so we shall see. I think you saw a bit of Traylors influence in the spring game. Now that Texas has a 2 deep, I think we can start to make dome real opinions on the staff.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Miller transfers, it will be to a school where he is guaranteed to start. Why would he leave Ohio State, where he is competing for a starting spot for Alabama, where he would also have to compete for a starting spot on top of learning a new system? Doesn't make much sense.

If he transfers, it will be to a school like Texas, where they basically have no QB and he could walk right in there and start right away.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Miller transfers, it will be to a school where he is guaranteed to start. Why would he leave Ohio State, where he is competing for a starting spot for Alabama, where he would also have to compete for a starting spot on top of learning a new system? Doesn't make much sense.

If he transfers, it will be to a school like Texas, where they basically have no QB and he could walk right in there and start right away.
Thank you for clearing that up for us. I'm not sure what we would have done without this insightful analysis of the situation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have a source saying he was at Bama, met with doctors and was cleared. Should join the program.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a source saying he was at Bama, met with doctors and was cleared. Should join the program.
little-girl-mad-o.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure why anyone wouldnt want him. Its like saying i dont need a knight in chess because i have all these other pieces. Every piece helps. If nothing else he can sit on the bench and be a back up. He could also play a sort of 2006 Tim Tebow or 2007 Perriloux role. He doesnt have to be the starting QB to have an impact. He could also be used on the scout team to prepare the defense for spread QBs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anyone wouldnt want him. Its like saying i dont need a knight in chess because i have all these other pieces. Every piece helps. If nothing else he can sit on the bench and be a back up. He could also play a sort of 2006 Tim Tebow or 2007 Perriloux role. He doesnt have to be the starting QB to have an impact. He could also be used on the scout team to prepare the defense for spread QBs.

Now if Miller isn't guaranteed the starting job why would he transfer?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because he thinks he can beat out the competition. Which is also a possibility. I was clearly looking at the worst case scenarios which are still good.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller at Bama would destroy teams.

With the overall talent there, they would kill the will of teams, by rushing them to death. Play old school football.