• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braxton Miller to Bama???

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand. Other than him being a shotgun QB where would all the change be?

He is at his best running a zone read offense with simple pass reads. Perfect fit in Meyers system. I dont see Kiffen going that route. Perhaps he does, but it is has never been his style at previous stops.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of Alabama I'd like to have him come to the school.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think talent is the issue. The amount of time to get adjusted with a team is.
You don't get out of the 85% that easy...but nice try.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be a good fit in Kiffins offense. Him and Henry on a zone read would be lethal. But if he doesnt come Im just as confident that Coker can get the Job done.
No way Bama runs a 'high school offense'

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My sister's husband's cousin's hairdresser said he's going to transfer to University of Alaska.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is also fit. Braxton is a talented player, but he is not particularly system flexible. I just dont see Bama changing their system to maximize his abilities, especially in the short time period between now and the season.

Agree with this, and the others who mentioned the adjustments he would have to make.

I'm thinking, he's not going to be able to go any place where a machine/system is already in place, for example Alabama: that place is a machine, and he would just be a cog, and possibly a minor one at that seeing that he's only got one year.

Now LSU? With their offense, I could see him coming in and being a major piece.

I would love to see him at Texas, but there is no way Watson would adjust to make him the man, he's too rigid. I mean, we're having a hard enough time getting him used to the idea of the zone read and Jerrod Heard.

Oregon? They have their graduate QB guy, and he fits better there than Miller would, imo.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this, and the others who mentioned the adjustments he would have to make.

I'm thinking, he's not going to be able to go any place where a machine/system is already in place, for example Alabama: that place is a machine, and he would just be a cog, and possibly a minor one at that seeing that he's only got one year.

I would love to see him at Texas, but there is no way Watson would adjust to make him the man, he's too rigid. I mean, we're having a hard enough time getting him used to the idea of the zone read and Jerrod Heard.

Oregon? They have their graduate QB guy, and he fits better there than Miller would, imo.

LSU is more Pro Style than Bama so how is it a Better fit there than at Bama??

None of these teams are perfect fits IMO but I think Bama is the Closest. This past year with Kiffin we ran almost exclusively out of the Spread and During the Spring Game McElroy and Tessitore said Kiffin told them this year our base offense will be out of the Spread.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None of these teams are perfect fits IMO but I think Bama is the Closest. This past year with Kiffin we ran almost exclusively out of the Spread and During the Spring Game McElroy and Tessitore said Kiffin told them this year our base offense will be out of the Spread.

really? Well, then it's just my perception of their offense.

I can't see him at Bama, unless he's going to be a special weapon type of player. You telling me Kiffin is going to make him their quarterback, and build the offense around him?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't see him at Bama, unless he's going to be a special weapon type of player. You telling me Kiffin is going to make him their quarterback, and build the offense around him?

He did it with Blake Sims last year. Braxton is the same type of Player as Blake Sims just more Athletic. We would Probably run the same offense we did with Blake Last year.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it with Blake Sims last year. Braxton is the same type of Player as Blake Sims just more Athletic. We would Probably run the same offense we did with Blake Last year.

well, that's a point. But I dont see Miller as the same kind of player as Sims.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miller wants to transfer and get a starting position right away perhaps he should go to UH and reunite with his former OC Tom Herman. Brax would be familiar with the offense. I still think he stays at tOSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Depreist, who he's really good friends with, said he was in Alabama for medical treatment the 3 times and that he has never mentioned transferring to any school to him.

I think this thing is about done and another Saban to Texas type rumor.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope not. There are guys at Bama that have put in the work to earn a shot and the last thing I want is for these guys that have a real shot at being something transfer because another QB transfers in. Don't get me wrong, I like winning as much as the next guy but, I'm not a big fan of having multiple one and done QB's. Had Sim's last year, prolly be Coker this year and I'd almost rather start one of these talented underclassman instead so we can get somebody some game experience for the future. Having said that, I guess best case imo is Coker starting this season and somebody like Barnett coming in fresh next season. Then again, I'm 1/4 retard and about 6 voka shots deep, so chances are that I don't know what I'm talking about.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. There are guys at Bama that have put in the work to earn a shot and the last thing I want is for these guys that have a real shot at being something transfer because another QB transfers in. Don't get me wrong, I like winning as much as the next guy but, I'm not a big fan of having multiple one and done QB's. Had Sim's last year, prolly be Coker this year and I'd almost rather start one of these talented underclassman instead so we can get somebody some game experience for the future. Having said that, I guess best case imo is Coker starting this season and somebody like Barnett coming in fresh next season. Then again, I'm 1/4 retard and about 6 voka shots deep, so chances are that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I figure Kiffin is gone next year. The more time he has to spend with the younger QB's the better.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miller wants to transfer and get a starting position right away perhaps he should go to UH and reunite with his former OC Tom Herman. Brax would be familiar with the offense. I still think he stays at tOSU.

I agree with this. Houston would be the best Place for him.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Cornwell is going to be our QB in 2016. But I really like Jake Coker and I like him even more after the Spring Game. Im Very Confident he can lead us to a Natty this year.

Last edited:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see it with Mettenburger.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to argue with you, but I don't understand where the idea that Watson in rigid. He ran a conservative power running system at Colorado. West Coast at Nebraska, until he started a Freshman and installed the zone read for Martinez. Strong was running power spread and he changed it to a West Coast offense for Bridgewater. I font see that as rigid