• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Scherff

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just saw a rumor saying he is coming back for his senior season. Can anyone confirm this? If so, our OLine will great once again and I have a feeling he'll be near the Top 10 on a lot of big boards.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link to story? I cannot believe a kid projected to be a 1st round pick would come back for his senior year in today's day and age, but hey.....let's keep our fingers crossed.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he might change his mind after bowl game, it's been done before, but considering he was not first team media all big10 nor all america, it's probably a good decision, I didn't see him as a first rounder, he needs work on his pass protection, but...he can come back, get it right, win the Outland and go top 5 easy

Last edited by a moderator:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, wasn't Scherff dinged up a few times this season? I know he played through some 'bumps-and-bruises'...maybe the recommendation was to stay??? He could go - and if he does, congrats to you!! - and if he stays, we'll get to see him smash people for another year!!!

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His strength is his run blocking, evidenced by Iowa running it left probably 85% of the time with running plays. To be a starting left tackle in today's NFL you have to have A+ pass blocking and I don't think Scherff is quite there yet. Another year should bolster his draft status, assuming he doesn't suffer through a crippling injury of some sort. But this is great news for Iowa.