• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

brandon scherf

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A lineman can never be a reach at any stage for a team that needs as much help up front as the Redskins do. Not when he can improve both the running game and pass offense the way Scherff would.

Capable linemen are the necessary foundation of every rebuild."

this coming from one of the draft pundits claiming what scherf is a OG miller is the name

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A lineman can never be a reach at any stage for a team that needs as much help up front as the Redskins do. Not when he can improve both the running game and pass offense the way Scherff would.

Capable linemen are the necessary foundation of every rebuild."

this coming from one of the draft pundits claiming what scherf is a OG miller is the name
Now I just read a rant from you about others using so called experts for talent evaluation. How is this report any different other than its supports your belief? Does bleacher report have something on the rest of them, including former and current NFL GMs? Just curious how you rationalize berating others opinions yet you seem to do the same thing you've berated them for?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I just read a rant from you about others using so called experts for talent evaluation. How is this report any different other than its supports your belief? Does bleacher report have something on the rest of them, including former and current NFL GMs? Just curious how you rationalize berating others opinions yet you seem to do the same thing you've berated them for?

I called Shark out on this too. These posters spent months dismissing the "experts". Then suddenly they find an expert that shares there opinion and they trot it out and proclaim victory. LOL

I'll say it again, I'm not totally opposed to the pick as long as SM feels it's not a reach.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I called Shark out on this too. These posters spent months dismissing the "experts". Then suddenly they find an expert that shares there opinion and they trot it out and proclaim victory. LOL

I'll say it again, I'm not totally opposed to the pick as long as SM feels it's not a reach.

nop[e i wanted you all to see this from one of your demi god pundits who tell you that these OLBS are the next coming and then turn around and support my BS

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nop[e i wanted you all to see this from one of your demi god pundits who tell you that these OLBS are the next coming and then turn around and support my BS

The points raised by each of those posters are ones I noted in another post. This is classic cherry-picking, though I'll admit that Scherff is probably one of the safest picks out there. The big takeaway from this article is that BR agrees with everyone else that Scherff is a guard. And if you want to make history, take a guard with the fifth overall pick.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Mock Draft Central - NFL.com

Let's cherry pick with mock drafts. Here are the mocks of four NFL Network analysts. They've got Fowler going either second or third. They've got Scherff going 11, 10, 10 and 18. As for us, they have us taking another of the OLBs. I only feel confident with Fowler and even he has some shortcomings. Thus, I think we can trade down and, if/when we do, Scherff still might be available then. While mocks aren't a true reflection of player value, they are good for assessing where someone will actually land. And if Scherff is going to land somewhere between 10 and 18 (which I believe is crazy), love to see that happen.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we dont'draft'schreff or la ell collins my 50 inch will get destroyed and my cat

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE coach_spurrier_1, post: 6457823, member: 5915"]if we dont'draft'schreff or la ell collins my 50 inch will get destroyed and my cat[/QUOTE]

For pete's sake man, think before doing such a rash thing. The 50 inch......OK, I get that, but the pussy!? Oh hell no.......unacceptable!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Mock Draft Central - NFL.com

Let's cherry pick with mock drafts. Here are the mocks of four NFL Network analysts. They've got Fowler going either second or third. They've got Scherff going 11, 10, 10 and 18. As for us, they have us taking another of the OLBs. I only feel confident with Fowler and even he has some shortcomings. Thus, I think we can trade down and, if/when we do, Scherff still might be available then. While mocks aren't a true reflection of player value, they are good for assessing where someone will actually land. And if Scherff is going to land somewhere between 10 and 18 (which I believe is crazy), love to see that happen.

Most MOCKS had Johnny Football as a sure fire top ten pick and Blake Bortles some where between 20 and the 2nd round. Its why they are called MOCK drafts. As in if I were the GM for all 32 teams, and primarily based of of teams most pressing needs... here are the picks I (the mocker) would make. You dont find it a tad bit coincidental that every one has been screaming that the Skins biggest NEED is in fact OLB or a Pass Rusher in general, thus the majority of Mock drafts have us taking.. a pass rusher. What a fucking shocker. IF not for the ass pummeling we took on the RG3 trade, and the fact that we would STILL rake a close to $7 million dollar cap charge if we cut him, MOST mocks would likely already have us penciled in for a trade with the Titans to take Mariota.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most MOCKS had Johnny Football as a sure fire top ten pick and Blake Bortles some where between 20 and the 2nd round. Its why they are called MOCK drafts. As in if I were the GM for all 32 teams, and primarily based of of teams most pressing needs... here are the picks I (the mocker) would make. You dont find it a tad bit coincidental that every one has been screaming that the Skins biggest NEED is in fact OLB or a Pass Rusher in general, thus the majority of Mock drafts have us taking.. a pass rusher. What a fucking shocker. IF not for the ass pummeling we took on the RG3 trade, and the fact that we would STILL rake a close to $7 million dollar cap charge if we cut him, MOST mocks would likely already have us penciled in for a trade with the Titans to take Mariota.

You missed the point completely. What's the key phrase in my post: "cherry pick." If you can cherry pick, so can I. Where do you get info about Scherff? The same mocks and pundits you just bashed. The difference? The guys I cited to aren't some hacks and they all back what I've been saying. Have they been wrong? Sure. Can they be wrong about their picks here? Sure too. But this just shows you if you can do one thing, I can do it too.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the point completely. What's the key phrase in my post: "cherry pick." If you can cherry pick, so can I. Where do you get info about Scherff? The same mocks and pundits you just bashed. The difference? The guys I cited to aren't some hacks and they all back what I've been saying. Have they been wrong? Sure. Can they be wrong about their picks here? Sure too. But this just shows you if you can do one thing, I can do it too.

Applause

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it. Mock drafts by anyone are a joke usually after about the second pick. They are of no real value except to the website in generating hits for ad rate purposes.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I formed my opinion basically the same way Skinsdad did if IM not mistaken. I actually did my OWN reasearch on the guy. If you take the time there are plenty of articles and even a fair number of videos showing his play. Start you tubing the Iowa games. But you know you would be likely wasting your time in any case because you have made it apparent the only thing you want out of the 5th pick is to trade it down, and the farther the better in order to net more picks. Its pointless debating the player with you because all you really want is more draft pick "Value".

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I formed my opinion basically the same way Skinsdad did if IM not mistaken. I actually did my OWN reasearch on the guy. If you take the time there are plenty of articles and even a fair number of videos showing his play. Start you tubing the Iowa games. But you know you would be likely wasting your time in any case because you have made it apparent the only thing you want out of the 5th pick is to trade it down, and the farther the better in order to net more picks. Its pointless debating the player with you because all you really want is more draft pick "Value".

First of all, if any one of us SportsHoopla board members think we've got better prospect prognostication skills than people like Andrew Brandt, we'd be in an NFL front office right now. And the issue of value is always important but no dispositive. Like I've said upmteen times before, sometimes you can give up on value (an objective consideration) if you believe someone is worth it (subjective consideration). For instance, if McCloughan thinks Scherff is the next Larry Allen, I'd be okay with him taking Scherff at number five overall because the loss in value (this year's second rounder) is more than worth it. The issue is one of the assessment McCloughan has on Scherff or any other player. And that assessment will then be blended in with the factors of value and worth.