• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Flowers is a free agent

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Emery have a hand in drafting him? If so, it might increase our chances in picking him up. Although, I don't think it will happen. He would stunt the growth of Fuller if he came here. It would be an awesome pick up though.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Emery have a hand in drafting him? If so, it might increase our chances in picking him up. Although, I don't think it will happen. He would stunt the growth of Fuller if he came here. It would be an awesome pick up though.

Just think he'd cost too much. Agree it would be good singing though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we have more than enough corners.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? He would be as good or better than any starter we have now and what about the future?

We just re-signed two pro bowl CB's, another veteran CB with a lot of starting experience, and drafted possibly the best CB in the entire draft.

I just don't see why you throw money at another CB. It makes no sense. It would basically assure you that you'll have always have a pro bowl CB and millions of dollars doing nothing besides warming a seat on your bench while the defense is on the field. Not to mention, do we even have any money? It just doesn't seem to make sense. CB would be so low on our priority list of positions we'd consider upgrading prior to camp.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peanut is gone after this season. You never know about the rookie. And he is relatively young. Jennings isn't. Worth a look and see what he wants at least.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peanut is gone after this season. You never know about the rookie. And he is relatively young. Jennings isn't. Worth a look and see what he wants at least.

Why does Peanut being gone after this season make it okay for us to sit a pro bowl CB on the bench in Jennings, Peanut, or Folwers on every snap?

You don't know how good a rookie will be. However, you'll never find out if he's good if you never give him a chance to see the field and grow as a player.

Jennings just signed a 4 year deal. He's here for a while.

I just don't see the point. Would you go out and sign a pro bowl WR, and sit him, Marshall, or Jeffery on the bench for the majority of the offensive reps? No. Jeffery's contract is up after next year too, but I don't see us going out and looking for a high priced possible replacement.

I mean, if we somehow went out and did it, I wouldn't be at all upset to have another high caliber guy on the roster. However, it just seems kind of pointless. Especially if you're doing it for the sake of the future. Right now, you're thinking about the future with only one option on the table that can really help you. Come next off-season, there will be about a hundred different options via the draft and free agency.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Peanut being gone after this season make it okay for us to sit a pro bowl CB on the bench in Jennings, Peanut, or Folwers on every snap?

You don't know how good a rookie will be. However, you'll never find out if he's good if you never give him a chance to see the field and grow as a player.

Jennings just signed a 4 year deal. He's here for a while.

I just don't see the point. Would you go out and sign a pro bowl WR, and sit him, Marshall, or Jeffery on the bench for the majority of the offensive reps? No. Jeffery's contract is up after next year too, but I don't see us going out and looking for a high priced possible replacement.

I mean, if we somehow went out and did it, I wouldn't be at all upset to have another high caliber guy on the roster. However, it just seems kind of pointless. Especially if you're doing it for the sake of the future. Right now, you're thinking about the future with only one option on the table that can really help you. Come next off-season, there will be about a hundred different options via the draft and free agency.

Unless you intend to cut someone it doesnt make sense to me either. If there was an injury that we didnt know about or something, but you dont pay a guy the money he is going to want, unless you are cutting another guy, or someone is going on IR.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we have the money anyway so it's kinda a moot point.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be awesome to have a dime package including peanut, flowers, fuller, and flowers. With that line up, peanut might even move to free safety at times in nickel packages.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been the answer the past few seasons, Tillman to safety, reduce his cutting and allow him to run one direction.

Jennings is only a pro bowl safety because the top safeties in the league pass on the pro bowl or are playing in the super bowl. Dont confuse the facts with the title.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we have the money anyway so it's kinda a moot point.

They just push back more of the dollars from these team contracts and create more dead money in a few years when they are gone. There is always money with these contracts.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flowers would be a solid choice but i think we have enough talent to evaluate now, players who should be able to make the cut. hopefully our secondary will be getting better every game.