• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Suspended?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so hard to understand? The league didn't have anything other than the Colts and Ravens bitching and whining. They appeased the Ravens by not allowing ineligible receivers to line up off the tackle.

This leads Roger Goodell to hire an "independent" investigator, Ted Wells. Imagine yourself in the NFL Commissioner's office as he talks to Ted Wells. Ted, I need you to investigate a possible rules violation by one of our teams. You can talk to anyone from the New England Patriots, the Indianapolis Colts and/or the league office who were in attendance at the AFC Championship Game. I want this report to be unbiased, factual and most important, totally honest and forthright. If you can't find any direct activity by any individual, so be it. There can't be any accusations or guessing. The integrity of the NFL is on the line.

Roger Goodell only refers to the integrity of the NFL when it suits his purpose. He's got employees leaking false information on a daily basis, he's got NFL employees stealing balls and selling them on the black market and he's got owners who are drug dealers and addicted to drugs.

Roger Goodell has had a hard-on for the New England Patriots since Bill Belichick left his beloved New York Jets to become the HC of the NEP.

Have a feeling even if Brady came out and confessed you would find an excuse to exonerate any wrong doing. Most of the Pat fans here are dealing with it and while they back their team, their not being totally ingnorant to the fact of a reasonable probability there was some matter of infraction and most expected there would be repercussions coming and pretty much are moving on aside from the poosible appeal in games reduced for Brady. Your team can def get over a mil fine and they`ve been one of the best draft teams for many yrs . If Brady misses 4 games you prob still go 2-2 just like you did last yr on way to SB. Most here know that and are not quite the drama queen your being BK:)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the way it was done. Half assed, no concrete evidence.....everything is "generally", "Probably".

You talk about a $1M like it's pocket change and losing a draft choice even if it's number 32 like it's nothing.

I don't exonerate Brady, I just don't think that the league is totally open either. They allowed an AFC Championship Game to possibly be played with what they consider to be illegal balls. You want to the right thing. You send a group of inspectors or investigators to the sideline 1 minute before kickoff. You take all of the balls and measure them right on the sideline. You document the measurements. Any ball that is not within the parameters of the league rules are removed and proper balls are put their place. You measure both teams' balls.

Now you have documented proof that there were balls that were not to spec. Then you investigate who, what, where and how. You get as much information as possible and come to a conclusion. The you write a detailed report from square one and release everything to the public.

I spent 25 years investigating and reporting for insurance companies. I never wrote once that anything "probably" happened. I never wrote a report saying that person "probably" was killed on the job by a mythical being. If you don't know, you continue until you have a something concrete.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "big" issue here Ken is the lack of cooperation during investigation. Forget the fact that it was a witch hunt,which it prob was and look at the "after the fact" issue. If Brady was completely innocent,then why not turnover your electronics? This would not even be an issue right now if he had. Brady and the Pats antagonized this further because of this. Brady would not be in this situation or NE if thay would of complied. Let me ask you... If you were being unfairly suspected of being involved in a criminal act and you knew that releasing your texts/emails along with a promise for complete privacy in all unrelated facts to the situation, wouldn`t you want to exonerate yourself? Wouldn`t you comply? Listen, to me, this does not tarnish anything Brady has accomplished personally in his career or will it change my opinion on him being a HOF Qb. The prob I have is the fact that the balls could very well have been deflated not just for their Qbs preference but also to get an unfair advantage in "inclement" weather for along time. Everyone knows that a inflated ball is easier to grab,hold onto,etc in those conditions. Maybe they`ve been doing this for yrs. Maybe no coincedent that the Pats have been in the top 4 in turnover ratio in last 5 yrs??? To me it`s not the incident itself, it the possibility they`ve been at it longer than just this incident. IDK Ken, it`s a cluster #uck of speculation right now. One thing I did know when they first started talking about Brady suspension, was that he would be back in time for Colts game. I wouldn`t be surprised if that game got a viewer rating as good as the SB. The League is no dummy in that respect:)

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the NFL had kept such a tight lid over information from deflategate leaking leading up to the Superbowl, I wouldn't hand over my cell either. The NFL front office has been nothing but a sieve when it comes to letting info get out in the wild.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the NFL had kept such a tight lid over information from deflategate leaking leading up to the Superbowl, I wouldn't hand over my cell either. The NFL front office has been nothing but a sieve when it comes to letting info get out in the wild.
When Wells was sitting with Brady and his attorney he told them to just give him response to a certain message from either McNally or ball boy and that he didn`t need to see it even. Just read the response and he would take his word for it. And they still refused. Common sense seems to be a thing of the past I guess in these times. There always has to be a conspiracy. I`am sure in the next few wks, there will be more mud on the face of many.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, the suspension of Brady I can deal with. If you want to suspend him because you felt he was not being honest or did not turn over certain evidence, then fine. I also think the NFLPA has something to do with TB not handing anything over from his phone. I think it should have been 2 games and fine, but as someone pointed out, other who did not cooperate were given a fine. As of now, looks like TB is not backing down.

The loss of draft picks, because of spygate is what pisses me off. We were already punished for that! How can you punish again for that when BB and the Patriots were cleared. So instead you are saying "You had nothing to do with Deflategate, but we are going to punish you again because of Spygate? So by NFL logic the next time you get pulled over for speeding, and you had a ticket 8yrs ago, they are going to double the fine and take you care away? How the fuck can they rationalize that? You cannot. It's BS.

Here is the thing. I have said this time and time again, that when NE was busted for Spygate, BB handed over evidence and videos of other teams doing the exact same thing he was busted for and more. So instead of the NFL coming out and stating that this was a league wide issue and they can't fine everyone. The public outcry for action was there also, they used NE to make a point. It was Rogers first big decision as Commish and wanted to make a point. Why do you think the evidence was destroyed? There are documented infractions from the past of teams illegally taping signals. It was being done league wide. Kraft accepted that and took the punishment. Him and Roger were still good. BB has said in the past that if the league messes with him or his team again he will make that evidence known, I for one hope he does.

The NFL over played it's hand. They heard from Kraft "we will accept the punishment" and the NFL took that as a way to give NE the Death Penalty, thinking Kraft was going to take another one for the league. Well, he said this thinking you would have been fair, and we all know they were not. This was in the works the second the email was sent from the Colts ballgirl. How Wells can say no one in the league took this seriously, yet you have a Klan meeting at halftime and measure the balls? Then when you get to the Colts balls and see they are under the limit, you decide to close up shop stating you didn't have time to finish...yet there were NFL executives and security who could have finished the job. Come out at halftime and tell the equipment manager "you are fucked".....Please......You tell the officials to watch over the balls and make sure they are to standard? Ya, you didn't take it serious.....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...yet there were NFL executives and security who could have finished the job. Come out at halftime and tell the equipment manager "you are fucked".....Please......You tell the officials to watch over the balls and make sure they are to standard? Ya, you didn't take it serious.....

That was Mike Kensil, the guy who likely orchestrated the whole setup, without consulting Goodell. Wouldn't surprise me if he's also the source of all the leaks from the league office leading up to the Superbowl. Frankly, the guy flat out has it in for the Pats ever since Belichick jilted him, resigning just 24 hours after being elevated to HC by Parcells. He's got a monstrous axe to grind. Hoping this turd gets flushed first, before Goodell circles the bowl and eventually joins him.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, the suspension of Brady I can deal with. If you want to suspend him because you felt he was not being honest or did not turn over certain evidence, then fine. I also think the NFLPA has something to do with TB not handing anything over from his phone. I think it should have been 2 games and fine, but as someone pointed out, other who did not cooperate were given a fine. As of now, looks like TB is not backing down.

The loss of draft picks, because of spygate is what pisses me off. We were already punished for that! How can you punish again for that when BB and the Patriots were cleared. So instead you are saying "You had nothing to do with Deflategate, but we are going to punish you again because of Spygate? So by NFL logic the next time you get pulled over for speeding, and you had a ticket 8yrs ago, they are going to double the fine and take you care away? How the fuck can they rationalize that? You cannot. It's BS.

Here is the thing. I have said this time and time again, that when NE was busted for Spygate, BB handed over evidence and videos of other teams doing the exact same thing he was busted for and more. So instead of the NFL coming out and stating that this was a league wide issue and they can't fine everyone. The public outcry for action was there also, they used NE to make a point. It was Rogers first big decision as Commish and wanted to make a point. Why do you think the evidence was destroyed? There are documented infractions from the past of teams illegally taping signals. It was being done league wide. Kraft accepted that and took the punishment. Him and Roger were still good. BB has said in the past that if the league messes with him or his team again he will make that evidence known, I for one hope he does.

The NFL over played it's hand. They heard from Kraft "we will accept the punishment" and the NFL took that as a way to give NE the Death Penalty, thinking Kraft was going to take another one for the league. Well, he said this thinking you would have been fair, and we all know they were not. This was in the works the second the email was sent from the Colts ballgirl. How Wells can say no one in the league took this seriously, yet you have a Klan meeting at halftime and measure the balls? Then when you get to the Colts balls and see they are under the limit, you decide to close up shop stating you didn't have time to finish...yet there were NFL executives and security who could have finished the job. Come out at halftime and tell the equipment manager "you are fucked".....Please......You tell the officials to watch over the balls and make sure they are to standard? Ya, you didn't take it serious.....

All the other bullshit aside, what I highlighted is my main beef. In no court of law can you be found guilty a second time for an offense you were already punished for. No arbitrator is going to agree to that either. Kraft has no choice but to go to court to get that over turned if the league let's that stand. I hope to hell he does and watch Goofdell and the rest of his ilk go down the shitter.

And if the league wants to hang their hat on the fact that the Pats didn't make McNally available for a FIFTH time the league can flush their argument that the Pats weren't cooperating in the investigation. If the investigation had been a well run, organized one they should have only had to meet with McNally twice. Once at the beginning of the investigation and once at the end to verify facts gathered during the investigation. 4 interviews were more than enough and borders on harrassment. I'm glad they told Wells to fuck off for a 5th interview.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Latex Importer/Exporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they were overpunished for spygate, but the facts were that the league issued a memo to all teams the week before basically saying "don't do this" and the Pats did it anyway. Even Kraft called BB a "schmuck" for that decision. Goodell took flack for not suspending Bellichick, so this is his way of making up for it.

Goodell listened to the fans of other teams and the sports media, which consists of a lot of former players, all of whom are pissed that, even in the salary cap and free agent era, the Patriots have managed to be a dominant team for nearly a decade and a half. These "cheating scandals" give them cover so they can say "the only reason we couldn't beat the Pats is because they cheated." Everyone chuckles when the Falcons, Browns, Jets, etc. get nailed for cheating because they all suck. The Patriots do something, which isn't nearly a serious as what the Falcons did and was nowhere near as clear a violation of the rules as what the Jets did, and all of a sudden everyone races to the top of the soapbox to espouse lofty bullshit about "the integrity of the game."

This fight is far from over.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a legal expert or a lawyer, but I've spent a lot of time over my career in court. Most of it on the side of an insurance company. I've been an investigation witness and an expert witness. So I know my way around some aspects of the law. I can say this with absolute honesty......In any investigation where the investigator is requesting third party information, you refuse to participate. In Tom Brady's case, his emails and texts as informational and potentially guilt free, the investigator can interpret them in any manner he so chooses. Once Brady has handed over those portions of his cellular device, the investigator can come back and ask for all other texts and emails received between those that were submitted to verify that there were no other conversations. That's when the subpoenas start to come into play.

I investigated work place injuries and deaths. Employers who were cooperative and tried to prove their innocence were the most prosecuted and fined. Everyone is saying that if Brady was innocent, he would have turned over his cell phone to Wells. Wrong. He would have sealed his own guilt. You never give anything without a fight to a person you know is investigating against you.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady would have been better served going into the Wells investigation with NFLPA representation instead of his agent Don Yee. His inexperience really hurt him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady would have been better served going into the Wells investigation with NFLPA representation instead of his agent Don Yee. His inexperience really hurt him.

Good point

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a legal expert or a lawyer, but I've spent a lot of time over my career in court. Most of it on the side of an insurance company. I've been an investigation witness and an expert witness. So I know my way around some aspects of the law. I can say this with absolute honesty......In any investigation where the investigator is requesting third party information, you refuse to participate. In Tom Brady's case, his emails and texts as informational and potentially guilt free, the investigator can interpret them in any manner he so chooses. Once Brady has handed over those portions of his cellular device, the investigator can come back and ask for all other texts and emails received between those that were submitted to verify that there were no other conversations. That's when the subpoenas start to come into play.

I investigated work place injuries and deaths. Employers who were cooperative and tried to prove their innocence were the most prosecuted and fined. Everyone is saying that if Brady was innocent, he would have turned over his cell phone to Wells. Wrong. He would have sealed his own guilt. You never give anything without a fight to a person you know is investigating against you.

Again, I think the NFLPA told Brady to not hand over anything. It would lead to them wanting more. No matter what Brady gave them, it would not have been enough. He hands over some, the want more, he says no, they claim he was not forth coming. Either way you slice this, it was a witch hunt that was going to end with NE paying the price.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were overpunished for spygate, but the facts were that the league issued a memo to all teams the week before basically saying "don't do this" and the Pats did it anyway. Even Kraft called BB a "schmuck" for that decision. Goodell took flack for not suspending Bellichick, so this is his way of making up for it.

Goodell listened to the fans of other teams and the sports media, which consists of a lot of former players, all of whom are pissed that, even in the salary cap and free agent era, the Patriots have managed to be a dominant team for nearly a decade and a half. These "cheating scandals" give them cover so they can say "the only reason we couldn't beat the Pats is because they cheated." Everyone chuckles when the Falcons, Browns, Jets, etc. get nailed for cheating because they all suck. The Patriots do something, which isn't nearly a serious as what the Falcons did and was nowhere near as clear a violation of the rules as what the Jets did, and all of a sudden everyone races to the top of the soapbox to espouse lofty bullshit about "the integrity of the game."

This fight is far from over.

I understand why they were punished, and I agree. But it was an issue with the whole league before the memo. There are reports of teams getting busted for it in the past. BB was dumb enough to keep going. To say NE was the only team to ever do this, is just stupid.