• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Game

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain why college admissions take HS class size into account.....the lengths you will go to in order to prop up Holgorsen is amazing!

Do colleges take HS class size into account?

Class Rank & College Admission – Facilitating the Application Process | Education Professionals – The College Board

Are you confusing class size with a ranking within one's class?

"Due to the tremendous differences in curricula and grading standards at different high schools, many admission officers (especially at selective private colleges) have begun to discount the accuracy and importance of class rank as a factor in evaluating students. Some colleges that used to rely on class rank now use SAT® scores and GPA."

Most colleges don't use class rankings anymore. Selective colleges look at the total package... advanced placement courses taken, GPA, extracurricular activities, community involvement, personal letter, letter of recommendations and college test scores.

This could be one of the most absurd attempts to demean Dana I have ever seen. Well done DAD!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His last post may go down as an all tim
Explain why college admissions take HS class size into account.....the lengths you will go to in order to prop up Holgorsen is amazing!
This will probably go down as one of his all time classic. Using college admissions as a metric for coaching. I’m still LMFAO!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD has had his share of true trolling classics. This has to be added to his legend...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTHING is as stupid as you two trying to demean Huggins in the manner you are doing. Top ten out of 335 is better than top ten out of 130, PERIOD. You BOTH make yourself look dumber with each remark you make. Keep it up!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTHING is as stupid as you two trying to demean Huggins in the manner you are doing. Top ten out of 335 is better than top ten out of 130, PERIOD. You BOTH make yourself look dumber with each remark you make. Keep it up!!!

I haven’t made a single demeaning comment about Huggs on this thread. As for you though... that is a much different story.

Have a suggestion for you... if you are so sure your stance is solid, why not go on the national basketball or football board of this site and post your nonsense for commentary? Let us know what kind of ridicule you receive...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you’re done wiping the tears out of your eyes, go back and see how/why the stats were posted and see what was posted. You’re pathetic. Keep on comparing apples to oranges there Einstein. Damn, I thought I was done laughing but I can’t stop. Please stop posting on this topic. Please.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea DH aint on Huggs level boys no matter how you spin it.

Huggs wins and competes for conference championships and has had us on the brink of a national championship.

Dana cant even compete in the chicken bowl and gives up half a hundred to ranked football teams :laugh:.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgersen sucks

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ojb81 sucks like his mother, Cock and I'm not referring to a Rooster......
WVU football is going nowhere until shithead Holgersen is shown the door. Sad state of affairs

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huggs wins and competes for conference championships and has had us on the brink of a national championship.

Dana cant even compete in the chicken bowl and gives up half a hundred to ranked football teams :laugh:.

I am pretty sure no one has tried to put Dana on Huggs level.

Both Dana and Huggs have had their fair share of embarrassing losses. Huggs made an awesome run in 2010 getting as much out of that team as possible. Losing Truck to injury heading into the Sweet 16 and seeing Mazz step up to the challenge of going after Walls was impressive.

Huggs has been on a different level than Dana... one Dana may never reach. But, it is unfair to try to treat the two equally. Dana has proven to do more with less than just about every P5 coach in the country. We’re lucky to have someone like him...

Think what he could accomplish with better talent? It gives me goosebumps...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were the one asking for the comparison. Their winning % against ranked teams are not as different as some would believe. Nobody, but your mental cousin, is spinning anything. The numbers are what they are.

Before you start crayfishing, what would be a successful season for the basketball program this year? I wouldn’t care if they made it to the Big 12 Championship game as long as they make it past the Sweet 16 and if they lose in the Elite 8, don’t lose to a team you’re supposed to beat (Stephen F. Austin) or blown out (Kentucky). As you always say about the football program, no excuse.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU football is going nowhere until shithead Holgersen is shown the door. Sad state of affairs
Maybe we can get Rich Rod back at a discount or even Schiano. The Schiano grab would make both you and Rusher happy. On second thought, I really don’t care if it would make you happy. Not really sure why you even enlighten us with your wisdom. Maybe you and Poppy work for the same company.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get Rich Rod back at a discount or even Schiano. The Schiano grab would make both you and Rusher happy. On second thought, I really don’t care if it would make you happy. Not really sure why you even enlighten us with your wisdom. Maybe you and Poppy work for the same company.

I consider WVU to be my 2nd favorite team behind OSU. It doesn't please me to see them keep that moron around

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you’re done wiping the tears out of your eyes, go back and see how/why the stats were posted and see what was posted. You’re pathetic. Keep on comparing apples to oranges there Einstein. Damn, I thought I was done laughing but I can’t stop. Please stop posting on this topic. Please.
No, you stop with the constant excuses for holgorsen. We have been hearing from you two for years about the bare cupboard, lack of in state talent, injury bug, depth, etc. As reasons for holgorsens lack of success, wvu hired holgorsen to "compete for titles" not to be in the middle of the pack. There isnt a great deal of div1 basketball talent in state, either, but Huggins goes and gets the players he needs to win. Huggins has changed his gameplanning and coaching style to fit the game today. You keep harping about SFA, look in the past two weeks, Roy Williams, coach k, self, calipari, have ALL lost to unranked teams, yet we keep hearing about one loss from you. Wont you please quit posting since i don't agree with you......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up Kansas, slaton brings up SFA.

Basketball requires a depth of 7 to be competitive, football requires a depth of 60. Huggins has recruited poorly at times since he’s been at WVU. He has had to push some of these recruits... who he promised their parents he’d coach ‘em up good for 4 years... push them right out the door. His ‘13-‘14 team underachieved so badly they went to the NIT, and basically quit in their game at Georgetown.

His ‘12-‘13 team went 13-19.

Dana will have a great team next year... one that will set all kinds of team records... National records... attendance records. You will be jumping back on his bandwagon again claiming you finally see growth in him again...lol.

And, all of us will be laughing at you. Dana will be the toast of the country like he was during the ‘16 season when he was selected COY finalist. And, we will be laughing...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up Kansas, slaton brings up SFA.

Basketball requires a depth of 7 to be competitive, football requires a depth of 60. Huggins has recruited poorly at times since he’s been at WVU. He has had to push some of these recruits... who he promised their parents he’d coach ‘em up good for 4 years... push them right out the door. His ‘13-‘14 team underachieved so badly they went to the NIT, and basically quit in their game at Georgetown.

His ‘12-‘13 team went 13-19.

Dana will have a great team next year... one that will set all kinds of team records... National records... attendance records. You will be jumping back on his bandwagon again claiming you finally see growth in him again...lol.

And, all of us will be laughing at you. Dana will be the toast of the country like he was during the ‘16 season when he was selected COY finalist. And, we will be laughing...

I just hope he doesn't leave after this...........I think he is here to stay

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm kind of with Dad on this one. Larger field size does matter. I think it's more due to the nature of hoops being a game where team is less important than football, but you can't deny that the expanded field means more competition. If you don't believe that let me drop two names on you.

Xavier and Wichita State

Both top 10 in hoops. Neither are FBS.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm kind of with Dad on this one. Larger field size does matter. I think it's more due to the nature of hoops being a game where team is less important than football, but you can't deny that the expanded field means more competition. If you don't believe that let me drop two names on you.

Xavier and Wichita State

Both top 10 in hoops. Neither are FBS.

Let me drop a few names on you too... Boise St., TCU and Utah (MWC members)

If you’re a high school kid who goes to a small exclusive private high school, you may have a class size of 60. Your Gpa is 3.8 and your rank is #50. Same kid goes to Lewis County HS, and the kid is top 10% in the class.

Tell me again how sample size matters...

Same analogy applies to basketball. Out of the 300+ schools considered Div 1, no more than 50 of them are competitive each and every year. Basically the same number of schools found to be competitive in football each season.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the logic espoused by some, Huggins has it much harder, he has to play many of those top teams TWICE a year, once at home and once away. It is AMAZING the lengths some will go in making excuses for a less than great football coach..........I laugh my ass off as you guys try to tear down a highly respected, future HOF basketball coach to justify your love for Holgorsen...hilarious

Well help me do the math here...how many years has he been a HC?..and how many NC has he won?..Why aren't you holding him to the same ridiculous standard you hold Dana to who has only been a HC for 7 years?