• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Game

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm kind of with Dad on this one. Larger field size does matter. I think it's more due to the nature of hoops being a game where team is less important than football, but you can't deny that the expanded field means more competition. If you don't believe that let me drop two names on you.

Xavier and Wichita State

Both top 10 in hoops. Neither are FBS.
An expanded field on the basketball side are similar to the FCS side of football. More teams doesn’t equal more competition. It is similar to the 1 or 2 tune up games at the beginning of the football season. Do you feel UT-Chattanooga is good competition for ‘Bama? It’s a payday for UTC and a scrimmage for ‘Bama.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An expanded field on the basketball side are similar to the FCS side of football. More teams doesn’t equal more competition. It is similar to the 1 or 2 tune up games at the beginning of the football season. Do you feel UT-Chattanooga is good competition for ‘Bama? It’s a payday for UTC and a scrimmage for ‘Bama.
No, but as I pointed out, there are two top 10 teams that are not FBS. Even if the expanded field only means 1 in 5 are competitive, that's still competition. You point to UTC, I point to Wichita State, Gonzaga, Xavier, Villanova, etc. I guess they aren't competitive either...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but as I pointed out, there are two top 10 teams that are not FBS. Even if the expanded field only means 1 in 5 are competitive, that's still competition. You point to UTC, I point to Wichita State, Gonzaga, Xavier, Villanova, etc. I guess they aren't competitive either...
There’s about 95 basketball schools that fall under D-1 that do not have a football program. I guess Incarnate Word, NJIT, or Grand Canyon will make the tourney.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand the point you’re making. The BE no longer plays FBS football. Does anyone consider the BE anything but a power conference in basketball? There are G5 football conferences that suck terribly in basketball.

As I stated, teams like Gonzaga... Wichita St in basketball are no different IMO... than Boise St... WMU... UCF in football.

It really doesn’t change the fact that the number of programs truly competitive in Div 1 basketball is equal to that of FBS.

How many low major teams are ranked this year?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015-2016 Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live - WarrenNolan.com
Are you that caught up with the name? SFA was #62 RPI, receiving votes in both polls, would it have been better to lose to tOSU?at #78??? Tenn at 142? SFA had a good team that year, ended up 24-6. 13 Kansas football was ranked 119 in 2013, shut up.........

Forget the spin DAD...go back and Youtube that game...WV didn't show up...PERIOD!...they let some barely athletic white kid run up and down on them at WILL all game long!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the point you’re making. The BE no longer plays FBS football. Does anyone consider the BE anything but a power conference in basketball? There are G5 football conferences that suck terribly in basketball.

As I stated, teams like Gonzaga... Wichita St in basketball are no different IMO... than Boise St... WMU... UCF in football.

It really doesn’t change the fact that the number of programs truly competitive in Div 1 basketball is equal to that of FBS.

How many low major teams are ranked this year?

Interesting analogy...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that they are eligible to win the championship

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that they are eligible to win the championship

How are those teams not ELIGIBLE to win the Championship? They are playing FBS football..its fair to say that they will never get voted close enough to do so..but they are eligible

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are those teams not ELIGIBLE to win the Championship? They are playing FBS football..its fair to say that they will never get voted close enough to do so..but they are eligible
Ucf won the top "group of five" league, and was voted 12th. If you think a non "power five" team is eligible to "win" the football "championship" you have deeper issues than i thought...... the very reason we have been through the bowl coalition, bowl alliance, bsc and "playoff" is to insure that a non name team ever is voted Miss America again.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ucf won the top "group of five" league, and was voted 12th. If you think a non "power five" team is eligible to "win" the football "championship" you have deeper issues than i thought...... the very reason we have been through the bowl coalition, bowl alliance, bsc and "playoff" is to insure that a non name team ever is voted Miss America again.
:scratch::scratch::scratch:

I do....or that is what it says on paper...those teams need to beef up their OCC...UCF didn't even play all of their games this year....and BTW I could be mistaken but aren't you the one that said WV should have never gone to the Big12 they should have stayed the big fish in a small pond in the AAC...well my friend..this is what it buys you...but maybe WV should have stayed I think Wv fans like to sit around and talk about how the rest of the country "Disrespects" the program all of the time..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said!

Pitty me... nobody respects me....

I won one game that mattered against the big boys... so the one game proves I’m just as good.

Typical WVU cry...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch::scratch::scratch:

I do....or that is what it says on paper...those teams need to beef up their OCC...UCF didn't even play all of their games this year....and BTW I could be mistaken but aren't you the one that said WV should have never gone to the Big12 they should have stayed the big fish in a small pond in the AAC...well my friend..this is what it buys you...but maybe WV should have stayed I think Wv fans like to sit around and talk about how the rest of the country "Disrespects" the program all of the time..
This exactly what King and Sleepy drove home back in the CBS days. We hung our hats on being the Big East Champs (co-champs most of the Times) and then going to a Bowl game and beating OU or hanging on to beat Georgia. Wanted our shot to be a big boy since we beat a Big 12 and SEC team. We got our big boy pants on now and currently reside in the middle of the pack. If Lyin’ Shane Lyons wants the needle to move, he is going to have to back up the Brinks truck and get a BIG name coach in or, we continue down the path we are heading until we can get the size and talent of players in here to really compete with the likes of an OU or Georgia.

In my opinion, it’s not the coaching but the caliber and depth of players. That BIG time coach will have to be the one who brings in the recruits. We already know how it’s like to have the planets all align for us to make noise just for 1 season. I think Mike said it best, somewhere in 2018, something is going to happen that will rip out my heart, so I approach 2018 with guarded optimism, sprinkled in with some excitement.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This exactly what King and Sleepy drove home back in the CBS days. We hung our hats on being the Big East Champs (co-champs most of the Times) and then going to a Bowl game and beating OU or hanging on to beat Georgia. Wanted our shot to be a big boy since we beat a Big 12 and SEC team. We got our big boy pants on now and currently reside in the middle of the pack. If Lyin’ Shane Lyons wants the needle to move, he is going to have to back up the Brinks truck and get a BIG name coach in or, we continue down the path we are heading until we can get the size and talent of players in here to really compete with the likes of an OU or Georgia.

In my opinion, it’s not the coaching but the caliber and depth of players. That BIG time coach will have to be the one who brings in the recruits. We already know how it’s like to have the planets all align for us to make noise just for 1 season. I think Mike said it best, somewhere in 2018, something is going to happen that will rip out my heart, so I approach 2018 with guarded optimism, sprinkled in with some excitement.

Well everything you said you know I agree with 10,000%...But here is one persons Humble opinion...I am not even sure Nick Saban or that caliber of coach gets it done...I truly believe you need a recruiting base in your own state which includes at minimum Five 4 star kids and at least 10 3 star kids year in and year out to build an Alabama..Think about it..when was the last time a team from a non-traditional power won the NC? The only one close that I can think of was Oregon. Even then there is no guarantee.look how long it was for Clemson to get back to the NC and they have a ton of talent in state...look at Harbaugh at Michigan...he got a team to a SUPER BOWL...Turned Stanford back to respectable...and at a perennial major power he can't move the needle..

I realize that is a small sample size, but I think the HC job at Wv is a monumental task...for those who thinks thats BS...all I can say is ..how many NC has the program won in 100 plus years of football?

I think its why Wv doesn't truly go ALL IN for upgrading facilities. Its a waste of money...down deep they know its not going to pay off in the end..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everything you said you know I agree with 10,000%...But here is one persons Humble opinion...I am not even sure Nick Saban or that caliber of coach gets it done...I truly believe you need a recruiting base in your own state which includes at minimum Five 4 star kids and at least 10 3 star kids year in and year out to build an Alabama..Think about it..when was the last time a team from a non-traditional power won the NC? The only one close that I can think of was Oregon. Even then there is no guarantee.look how long it was for Clemson to get back to the NC and they have a ton of talent in state...look at Harbaugh at Michigan...he got a team to a SUPER BOWL...Turned Stanford back to respectable...and at a perennial major power he can't move the needle..

I realize that is a small sample size, but I think the HC job at Wv is a monumental task...for those who thinks thats BS...all I can say is ..how many NC has the program won in 100 plus years of football?

I think its why Wv doesn't truly go ALL IN for upgrading facilities. Its a waste of money...down deep they know its not going to pay off in the end..
No one has EVER WON a national championship, it is a BS vote, if it was really won on the field, like every other sport in the world, it would be a different story.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has EVER WON a national championship, it is a BS vote, if it was really won on the field, like every other sport in the world, it would be a different story.

DAD I am just making comments reflecting how far behind teams Like a Wv truly are vs Bama or a program like it...I have come to a reality at least in my life time Wv's program will never be on that level..I just don't see how it can happen...the cards are stacked against a program of it's size...when I say this please keep in mind I am talking about 80% of the ACC, Big10 and so on...in the Big12 only Texas and OU have a real shot due to the recruiting ability

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD I am just making comments reflecting how far behind teams Like a Wv truly are vs Bama or a program like it...I have come to a reality at least in my life time Wv's program will never be on that level..I just don't see how it can happen...the cards are stacked against a program of it's size...when I say this please keep in mind I am talking about 80% of the ACC, Big10 and so on...in the Big12 only Texas and OU have a real shot due to the recruiting ability
Some feel that all it takes is coaching up a 2 star kid to a 3 star and so on. It takes a bumper crop of talented players backfilled with coached up players on a consistent bases. That’s something we and other programs cannot do. We can’t seem to get all the right pieces on the field at the same time. We may have a good defense but our offense was weak. Peel back the next layer. We may have had a good running game, but QB was average or line was weak. There are numerous possibilities bore out over time.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to one thing, COACHING. You say WVU will never get there, guess what guys, we have been there, 1988 Nehlen had the team, but Harris got hurt. 2007 WVU had the team, but Fraud got hard headed. We have had the right team and the right coach before, and will again. Under the BS way of SELECTING a champion, we are at a disadvantage, as the name means more than the game. Talent means nothing without coaching, do you think ND suddenly didn't have talent when fat Charlie was there? Did OSU players turn into bums when they fired Tressel, then turn back into stars when Meyer got there? Just because Holgorsen can't do it here does NOT mean it can't be done.