• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston's "predicament"

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a better shooter. Same reason PG makes more sense than Butler. I'm not saying Jimmy doesn't work, but I'd rather have Hayward or George.

Look. You don't stockpile assets like the Celtics have to trade them for a player that doesn't make you significantly better when you look at all you have to give up. If the price is right on Butler, I'm all for giving up the picks, but I don't think the price will be right. I.e. Butler really only makes the Celtics a half ass contender if you add him to the roster as-is. To give up Crowder or even Smart plus the Nets picks is too much imo. We will have to see what Chicago is asking.

This.............................

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Hayward give you a second 4th quarter option. Doing so without giving up any assets. The Celtics need a 7 foot rebound machine that can hit threes if nthing else. IT needs the floor stretched

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Hayward give you a second 4th quarter option. Doing so without giving up any assets. The Celtics need a 7 foot rebound machine that can hit threes if nthing else. IT needs the floor stretched

I agree with you in terms of price.

No question about it.

But with the new absurdities in the this CBA...i just doubt Hayward is gonna come here.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their TS% are really close career wise. And Butler is clearly the better defender.

Their problem right now is defense.

They really need to see high on Thomas.
Their 3PT % is not close. This is a three point shooting team. P.s. Avery Bradley shoots the 3 better than Butler and also plays some pretty good defense. Still not sure how Butler makes us a contender, especially if you have to give up core players.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their 3PT % is not close. This is a three point shooting team. P.s. Avery Bradley shoots the 3 better than Butler and also plays some pretty good defense. Still not sure how Butler makes us a contender, especially if you have to give up core players.

Cost to acquire isn't the same as fit.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. I've explained both. You can stop quoting me now.

They're both reasonable stances on their own, don't conflate them though.

But like i said before, Hayward would have to turn down quite a bit of money to come to Boston.

I just doubt he does it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. They're trying to buy to keep PG happy right now.
If the C's don't get George... I'm blaming you and your negative thoughts, Q. :lol:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the C's don't get George... I'm blaming you and your negative thoughts, Q. :lol:

Everyone's always blaming me for something.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics need a 7 foot rebound machine that can hit threes if nthing else. IT needs the floor stretched

Sounds like Mozgov to me. Pay no attention to game film, just trust me on this....and you can have him for the low, low price of Amir Johnson and a 2nd round pick.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Mozgov to me. Pay no attention to game film, just trust me on this....and you can have him for the low, low price of Amir Johnson and a 2nd round pick.

Mozgov aint horrible, just his contract is

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thinks that the Celtics can just offer up anything someone else wants and make a deal. Ainge has repeatedly said that every time he gets into a serious discussion on any player, the other team starts to ask for the moon AND the sun.

Twice the Celtics and Bulls have started talking about Butler. Then the Bulls start to get greedy. It goes from Jaylen Brown and the Brooklyn pick to Brown, Crowder, the Brooklyn pick this year and the NJ pick next year. Ainge tells them it's too much and the Bulls say it's their way or the highway. Ainge starts driving.

None of us are privy to the actual talks, we just hope that something is being done. As Celtics fan since 1956, I want to go back to those repeat years, but I'm also a realist. Killing the only bull in your herd, ends the growth of it. Danny has to be extremely careful he doesn't mis-step and kill what he's started.................that's why DC is in New Orleans not Boston.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thinks that the Celtics can just offer up anything someone else wants and make a deal. Ainge has repeatedly said that every time he gets into a serious discussion on any player, the other team starts to ask for the moon AND the sun.

Twice the Celtics and Bulls have started talking about Butler. Then the Bulls start to get greedy. It goes from Jaylen Brown and the Brooklyn pick to Brown, Crowder, the Brooklyn pick this year and the NJ pick next year. Ainge tells them it's too much and the Bulls say it's their way or the highway. Ainge starts driving.

None of us are privy to the actual talks, we just hope that something is being done. As Celtics fan since 1956, I want to go back to those repeat years, but I'm also a realist. Killing the only bull in your herd, ends the growth of it. Danny has to be extremely careful he doesn't mis-step and kill what he's started.................that's why DC is in New Orleans not Boston.

Sounds like Sacto asked for more from Danny than he got from Sacto.

Frankly

Brown
Rozier
Memphis Pick
LAC pick
the 2 2016 international stashes

is a better haul than what Sacto got for DC anyway.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Sacto asked for more from Danny than he got from Sacto.

Frankly

Brown
Rozier
Memphis Pick
LAC pick
the 2 2016 international stashes

is a better haul than what Sacto got for DC anyway.

You have to factor in Randive's irrational love for Buddy Hield though...he thinks he's getting Steph part 2.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a look at what the Celtics have to offer as part of a potential trade, broken down between draft picks and the rights to players.

DRAFT PICKS

-- Own their own first-round pick (have the right to swap for Brooklyn Nets’ first-round pick)

-- Own their own second-round pick (top-45 protected; will be conveyed to Brooklyn if Celtics swap first-round picks with the Nets this year).

-- Own Minnesota Timberwolves’ second-round pick

-- Own Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-round pick

-- Own Los Angeles Clippers’ second-round pick

-- Own their own first-round pick

-- Own Brooklyn’s first-round pick

-- Own their own second-round pick (top-55 protected; if it falls outside of that range, will be conveyed to Oklahoma City).

-- Own Memphis Grizzlies' first-round pick*

-- Own the Clippers' first-round pick (top-14 protected; pick can only be conveyed to Boston two years after the Clippers convey a first-round pick to Toronto, which is likely to happen this year).

-- Own their own second-round pick (top-55 protected; if it falls outside of the top-55, pick will be conveyed to Memphis).

-- Own Detroit Pistons' second-round pick

-- Own Memphis' first round pick*

-- Own the Clippers' first-round pick (top-14 protected; conveyed this year if it wasn’t sent Boston’s way in 2019).

-- Own their own second-round pick

-- Own Miami Heat's second-round pick

-- Own Memphis' first-round pick*

-- Own Memphis' first-round pick*

-- Own Clippers' second-round pick (if first-round pick not conveyed to Boston by 2020, Clippers will send the Celtics their 2022 second-round pick).

* -- This pick from Memphis will be conveyed to Boston two years after the Grizzlies send a first-round pick to Denver. The pick is top-6-protected in 2017 and 2018, and is unprotected in 2019. The pick Boston will receive from Memphis is top-9 protected in 2019, top-7 protected in 2020 and unprotected in 2021.

RIGHTS TO PLAYERS
Guershon Yabusele

Size, position: 6-foot-8 power forward

How acquired by Boston: Drafted by the Celtics in the first round of the 2016 NBA draft, 16th overall.

Statistics this season: Yabusele is playing with the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association. He is averaging 21.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.

Ante Zizic

Size, position: 6-foot-11 power forward/center

How acquired by Boston: Drafted by the Celtics in the first round of the 2016 NBA draft, 23rd overall.

Statistics this season: Playing for Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul led by ex-NBA coach David Blatt, Zizic has averaged 10.3 points and 67.3 percent shooting from the field.

Abdel Nader

Size, position: 6-foot-8 shooting guard/small forward

How acquired by Boston: Drafted by the Celtics in the second round of the 2016 NBA draft, 58th overall.

Statistics this season: Playing for Boston’s Gatorade-League affiliate the Maine Red Claws, Nader was named to the G-League’s all-star team in large part because of his 22 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game average this season.

Marcus Thornton

Size, position: 6-foot-4 shooting guard

Status: Drafted by the Celtics in the second round of the 2015 NBA draft, 45th overall.

This season: Playing for Consultinvest VL Pesaro in Italy-Serie A, Thornton is averaging 11.9 points, 1.5 assists and 1.9 rebounds.