• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston set to play for yet another title, Red Sox STILL in first

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm the only one who noticed when he hit that 2nd homer of the game, he came out for a second curtain call without the fans even asking for it. As he was coming back down the steps you could see he was thinking "Oh shit, I wasn't supposed to do that, was I?" His teammates treated him like he was a leper. He got caught up in the moment.

hopefully he doesn't do what that kid Valdespin for the Mets keeps doing.........he doesn't seem to give a shit, teammates keep harping on him for his antics

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
world

iglesias can hit

i actually grabbed him for my fantasy team late last week, he went like 6-12 this weekend lol

Since we last discussed him and concluded "it won't last"...

.464/.545/.643

Been on base multiple times in 10 straight games...

Starting to think he suffers from a little bit of Hanley-itis...when HanRam was in the minors, he had similar issues with focus and maturity...thought he was a big leaguer and was wasting his time in the minors...

Once he was in the majors? He raked...

No Pete...this doesn't mean I think Iggy is hitting 30+ HR's anytime soon...or .330...what I mean is, there might be enough to his bat, even though he hasn't shown it in the minors thus far..

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of SS's of the future...Xander update..

.308/.403/.507 Walking at a career best rate, VERY good sign, he's also blistering hot right now, and a call up to Pawtucket around the ASB sounds very likely..

Cecchini is also due to be promoted to Portland at any time...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speak for yourself

ps the simpsons last night, funny

they got accidentally launched into space on the last space shuttle they keep at nasa

as theyre taking off homer says "anything to get out of florida"

made me laugh, mostly because im a rube

Wow, that was a direct rip-off of Family Guy. Not like just a vague take on it. That was literally the exact same plot and that line I believe was almost word for word what Peter said when their accidental rocket launch took off.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we last discussed him and concluded "it won't last"...

.464/.545/.643

Been on base multiple times in 10 straight games...

Starting to think he suffers from a little bit of Hanley-itis...when HanRam was in the minors, he had similar issues with focus and maturity...thought he was a big leaguer and was wasting his time in the minors...

Once he was in the majors? He raked...

No Pete...this doesn't mean I think Iggy is hitting 30+ HR's anytime soon...or .330...what I mean is, there might be enough to his bat, even though he hasn't shown it in the minors thus far..

i heard a thing about iglesias in the minors this weekend, his hitting coach told him to watch tape of albert pujols and his approach to each AB

iglesias came back the next day trying to mimmick pujols batting stance lol

ofcourse, the coach meant "approach"

hes never had the same stance or approach to every AB like he needs to have, and maybe thats happening now

but you cant ignore the numbers

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was a direct rip-off of Family Guy. Not like just a vague take on it. That was literally the exact same plot and that line I believe was almost word for word what Peter said when their accidental rocket launch took off.

maybe thats what they were going for

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard a thing about iglesias in the minors this weekend, his hitting coach told him to watch tape of albert pujols and his approach to each AB

iglesias came back the next day trying to mimmick pujols batting stance lol

ofcourse, the coach meant "approach"

hes never had the same stance or approach to every AB like he needs to have, and maybe thats happening now

but you cant ignore the numbers

His first stint this year, I felt it was very ignorable...he wasn't hitting line drives..he was hitting bleeders, bloops and beating out swinging bunts...it was the most improbable .400 batting average...ever.

Now? He's roping line drives around the field..taking walks, working counts...spraying to all fields and driving some balls..

I think it was Salk last night that said he's earned a chance to prove it's NOT legit...when WMB works his way back, drew should be sitting more often than not...a full L/R platoon..as well as stealing AB's from tougher righties from WMB...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hockey trivia

last year for the rangers, kris kreider went from BC to the rangers (failed) stanley cup run

name the last NHL player to go from college straight to the NHL playoffs, before kreider

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe thats what they were going for

I think they've alluded to that sort of thing before, but this was kind of right on the nose. Not a dig, I think it's funny when Family Guy/South Park/The Simpsons jab at each other.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first stint this year, I felt it was very ignorable...he wasn't hitting line drives..he was hitting bleeders, bloops and beating out swinging bunts...it was the most improbable .400 batting average...ever.

Now? He's roping line drives around the field..taking walks, working counts...spraying to all fields and driving some balls..

I think it was Salk last night that said he's earned a chance to prove it's NOT legit...when WMB works his way back, drew should be sitting more often than not...a full L/R platoon..as well as stealing AB's from tougher righties from WMB...

WMB should be sitting more than either of them IMO

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WMB should be sitting more than either of them IMO

Short term? Without a doubt....but I'm still convinced that WMB will be a far better bat than either drew or iglesias....

I wonder if drew might have a little trade value should they decided to just give the job to Iggy...I don't expect much of anything useful in return, but for a 1 year deal? Teams can do far worse than him at short...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short term? Without a doubt....but I'm still convinced that WMB will be a far better bat than either drew or iglesias....

I wonder if drew might have a little trade value should they decided to just give the job to Iggy...I don't expect much of anything useful in return, but for a 1 year deal? Teams can do far worse than him at short...

teams may need a guy like drew for a bench player, but thats it

we're stuck with him

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah i meant short term......

drew is underrated defensively though

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS, about my trivia question

heres a hint

he scored a huge, huge goal for the bruins one playoff year in the late 80's/early 90's

and the call by fred cusick has been burned in my brain since i saw it live as a kid

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
man its a boston fest in here....no ox no dirt no pickles no vp no most no jeff no scal no john no blade no huwaryu....im syre i missed a couple..where the fuck is everyone this morning?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of reliable pitchers currently in Reds bullpen:

Aroldis Chapman

That is all.

Sean Marshall's injury is killing this team.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i know jerome iginla never played in the minors....straight from juniors to the playoffs

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams may need a guy like drew for a bench player, but thats it

we're stuck with him

No..Drew's a starting caliber SS in major league baseball..the glove is solid..and the bat? For the position? Is above average believe it or not...

Drew: .739 OPS
AL Average: .673 OPS

He'd make some sense for a few teams...Cincy, St. Louis..maybe Pittsburgh if they continue to hang around..The Angels if they manage to get back into it...

I expect this comment to eventually infuriate Dickshot...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know jerome iginla never played in the minors....straight from juniors to the playoffs

thats juniors, and that happens a lot

im talking from college right to the NHL playoffs

doesnt happen a lot