• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bonds Voted into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****** Fuck Barry Bonds.

See below:

"I'd actually interviewed Barry four or five times during my years at Sports Illustrated. During the 2000 season I even did a lengthy profile on him—the first time he talked to the magazine in seven years. We sat down for about an hour, and he was spectacular. Funny, charming, charismatic. In fact, when I handed in the piece my editor was very angry. His exact words, and I quote, were, "If you wanted to give Barry Bonds a blowjob, we could have flown him to New York." So I adjusted the story, which still was very positive." F
rom Sports Illustrated.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Much Esteemed Baseball Writers of America,

Look, Barry Bonds is an asshole, but he's OUR asshole. He's an athlete with a LONG history with the media, having watched the media out his father's alcohol problem. So he's a dick when he doesn't talk to the media based on a lack of trust, that has nothing to do with his play on the field. On the field, he was a sure-fire HOFer before he roided up and he helped bring baseball into everyone's living rooms and ESPN Live cuts into at bats when he was. There are plenty of assholes in the HOF and there are plenty of admitted cheaters who's respective busts are displayed in Cooperstown. Barry Bonds was the best in his generation for about as long as he was playing in MLB. Even when he couldn't play defense worth a damn towards the end of his career, his offensive value carried him 5 yrs longer in his career. He retired quietly as a Giant even though he KNEW he needed to retire as a Giant. He could have been a DH for another 5 yrs for some AL team looking for offensive punch. But he retired for the team that backed him as opposed to chasing more personal milestones on some other foreign team for a short term chase at something somehow greater.

So we love him for it, unapologetically, if not defiantly. He is a San Francisco icon and anyone who lived in this area and/or watched him play regularly....like me, can tell you that he was BELOVED for his ability to carry TEAM offensive production and make it a seemingly perfect moment. He's a Bay Area guy in our mind based on his dad having played and him basically growing up in the clubhouse coupled with his FA signing back in 1993. He was an MVP multiple times before the possibility of roids started to become what has been said by many (like Canseco and Caminitti) and his game evolved along with the games. His dominance in this game with his numbers resume proves without a doubt that he was the best player of his generation in each "era" he played in.

So this rant goes out to the butthurt baseball writers that feel as if Bonds owed them anything and scoff at the idea that a man who cheated and dominated an era where many players cheated as well, to the point that The Much Esteemed Baseball Writers of America would coin the phrase "Steroid Era" to describe it, an era that The Much Esteemed Baseball Writers of America somehow never brought up any interesting body changes in Sammy Sosa but were fighting to be the first to report on the latest details as Fucking Sammy parks one into an elderly woman's apartment window 480 ft away from Wrigley. Somehow, they have become the morality police when their respective voting histories and the cast of characters already in the HOF come to question their ability to be morally superior enough to police shit.

Look at the fucking stats and numbers. Look at them cumulatively. Look at them comparably to players that played at similar times. Look at them comparably to all time great players. Look at the record board he obliterated, both single season and career record boards. Look at the impact he had on helping to bring baseball all the way back from the terrible 1994 strike (RIP Montreal). Look at the hardware he collected, from Gold Gloves to Silver Sluggers to MVPs along the way. Barry Bonds is a HOF. In any era. And many of us SF Giants fans are accepting enough to know what we saw and the role that Barry played in some of the best baseball moments we fans and seen up to that point in our lives and the feelings attached that many of us fans had felt in prior to the 3 World Series Championships the Giants won recently. Barry Bonds is the best player I have ever seen and his flair for the dramatic was unbelievable.

He's a 14-time All Star.
He's a 7-time MVP.
He owns 8 Gold Gloves.
He owns 12 Silver Sluggers, dating back to 1990.
He got fucking intentionally walked with the bases loaded, for Christ's Sake
He's 1st All Time in HR, walks, and IBB.
He's the 1st 400/400 guy.
He's the ONLY 500/500 guy.

Bottom line is Barry Bonds deserves to be in the HOF. IDGAF if he stole your wife, a writer's personal feelings should NOT be taken into account when discussing whether or not Barry Bonds dominated his era, or his ranking as one of the All Time greats. They should be in the simple math required to tally up the obvious. Your Highly Esteemed Baseball Writers of America made quite a bit of money and sold quite a few newspapers writing about the HR Chase between McGwire and Sosa in 1998 or Bonds HR Watch in 2001. It doesn't make sense to me that they then ignore the blind eye they turned to steroids when their "HR Chase" stories were leading off the Evening News. Now, suddenly steroids in baseball is a "thing" and the writers become so morally righteous that they can suddenly condemn the very hand the fed them in the manner from which they were feeding them.

Vote him in!

Sincerely,

Many of Us
San Francisco Giants Fans

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the great compact power swings of all time. A well deserved honor. Barry was one of the greats.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Much Esteemed Baseball Writers of America,

Look, Barry Bonds is an asshole, but he's OUR asshole. He's an athlete with a LONG history with the media, having watched the media out his father's alcohol problem. So he's a dick when he doesn't talk to the media based on a lack of trust, that has nothing to do with his play on the field. On the field, he was a sure-fire HOFer before he roided up and he helped bring baseball into everyone's living rooms and ESPN Live cuts into at bats when he was. There are plenty of assholes in the HOF and there are plenty of admitted cheaters who's respective busts are displayed in Cooperstown. Barry Bonds was the best in his generation for about as long as he was playing in MLB. Even when he couldn't play defense worth a damn towards the end of his career, his offensive value carried him 5 yrs longer in his career. He retired quietly as a Giant even though he KNEW he needed to retire as a Giant. He could have been a DH for another 5 yrs for some AL team looking for offensive punch. But he retired for the team that backed him as opposed to chasing more personal milestones on some other foreign team for a short term chase at something somehow greater.

So we love him for it, unapologetically, if not defiantly. He is a San Francisco icon and anyone who lived in this area and/or watched him play regularly....like me, can tell you that he was BELOVED for his ability to carry TEAM offensive production and make it a seemingly perfect moment. He's a Bay Area guy in our mind based on his dad having played and him basically growing up in the clubhouse coupled with his FA signing back in 1993. He was an MVP multiple times before the possibility of roids started to become what has been said by many (like Canseco and Caminitti) and his game evolved along with the games. His dominance in this game with his numbers resume proves without a doubt that he was the best player of his generation in each "era" he played in.

So this rant goes out to the butthurt baseball writers that feel as if Bonds owed them anything and scoff at the idea that a man who cheated and dominated an era where many players cheated as well, to the point that The Much Esteemed Baseball Writers of America would coin the phrase "Steroid Era" to describe it, an era that The Much Esteemed Baseball Writers of America somehow never brought up any interesting body changes in Sammy Sosa but were fighting to be the first to report on the latest details as Fucking Sammy parks one into an elderly woman's apartment window 480 ft away from Wrigley. Somehow, they have become the morality police when their respective voting histories and the cast of characters already in the HOF come to question their ability to be morally superior enough to police shit.

Look at the fucking stats and numbers. Look at them cumulatively. Look at them comparably to players that played at similar times. Look at them comparably to all time great players. Look at the record board he obliterated, both single season and career record boards. Look at the impact he had on helping to bring baseball all the way back from the terrible 1994 strike (RIP Montreal). Look at the hardware he collected, from Gold Gloves to Silver Sluggers to MVPs along the way. Barry Bonds is a HOF. In any era. And many of us SF Giants fans are accepting enough to know what we saw and the role that Barry played in some of the best baseball moments we fans and seen up to that point in our lives and the feelings attached that many of us fans had felt in prior to the 3 World Series Championships the Giants won recently. Barry Bonds is the best player I have ever seen and his flair for the dramatic was unbelievable.

He's a 14-time All Star.
He's a 7-time MVP.
He owns 8 Gold Gloves.
He owns 12 Silver Sluggers, dating back to 1990.
He got fucking intentionally walked with the bases loaded, for Christ's Sake
He's 1st All Time in HR, walks, and IBB.
He's the 1st 400/400 guy.
He's the ONLY 500/500 guy.

Bottom line is Barry Bonds deserves to be in the HOF. IDGAF if he stole your wife, a writer's personal feelings should NOT be taken into account when discussing whether or not Barry Bonds dominated his era, or his ranking as one of the All Time greats. They should be in the simple math required to tally up the obvious. Your Highly Esteemed Baseball Writers of America made quite a bit of money and sold quite a few newspapers writing about the HR Chase between McGwire and Sosa in 1998 or Bonds HR Watch in 2001. It doesn't make sense to me that they then ignore the blind eye they turned to steroids when their "HR Chase" stories were leading off the Evening News. Now, suddenly steroids in baseball is a "thing" and the writers become so morally righteous that they can suddenly condemn the very hand the fed them in the manner from which they were feeding them.

Vote him in!

Sincerely,

Many of Us
San Francisco Giants Fans

Take the cursing out and this should be in every newspaper across America. Well written and thoughtful post.

IMO I didn't like Barry, but he was the best of the Era and deserves to be voted in.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry should be in. if we knew all those who took PEDs speed balls, and other stuff the hall would lost half ..... but NO on A Rod...cause he is a dumb ass

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry should be in. if we knew all those who took PEDs speed balls, and other stuff the hall would lost half ..... but NO on A Rod...cause he is a dumb ass
A-Rod will likely not get in, but that is also ridiculous. He was one of the absolute elite for 10+ years.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense to me that they then ignore the blind eye they turned to steroids when their "HR Chase" stories were leading off the Evening News. Now, suddenly steroids in baseball is a "thing" and the writers become so morally righteous that they can suddenly condemn the very hand the fed them in the manner from which they were feeding them.

It does not make sense. Even Bob Costas in recent interviews claim he would vote Bonds in because of the absurdities that their intransigence clearly shows but the hypocrites they all are.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Bonds was voted into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame. Good. At least the sports writers are not highfalutin hypocrites like the national Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) who vote players into the HOF. Read more from here:

Barry Bonds Voted Into Bay Area Sports Hall Of Fame; Remains Hopeful For Cooperstown « CBS San Francisco

"SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Baseball’s home run king and former San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds, whose induction into baseball’s Hall of Fame has been denied by the voting sportswriters, has been elected into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame.
In his first year on the ballot, Bonds was the highest vote-getter among those included in the BASHOF class of 2015: his former Giants manager Dusty Baker, former Golden State Warriors owner Franklin Mieuli, skier Jonny Moseley, and golfer Roger Maltbie.
“It’s great. Being a Bay Area guy, it’s awesome. It’s wonderful,” Bonds told the San Francisco Chronicle

It may not be the same as the HOF but the symbolism is absolutely clear; BBWAA is full of holier than thou sanctimonious hypocrites.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant to say is, good for Barry but to imply that somehow "Bay Area" writers are somehow more noble than writers and reporters from the rest of the country or the world because they support someone that put up ridiculous numbers for the team they cover is just fucking stupid.

That being said, at least you didn't just copy a quote and post reply before you made a comment, like I just did.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one greatest hitters of all time. But he chose his path voluntarily & he has to live with his choices. The same goes for all the other guys who, because of ego, chose to break the rules & got caught.

Stop using the tired "steroid era" excuse as a way to lesson what cheaters did. If he hadn't admitted to taking testosterone & tetrahydrogestrinone, I wouldn't be opposed to him being in the HoF. But he did & we all know he did.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant to say is, good for Barry but to imply that somehow "Bay Area" writers are somehow more noble than writers and reporters from the rest of the country or the world because they support someone that put up ridiculous numbers for the team they cover is just fucking stupid.

Actually it makes more sense than the holier than thou stand by the hypocrites in the media who profited and cheered for McGwire and Sosa during the 1998 single season home-run record chase even though they knew that in 1994 the FBI in Operation Equine has fingered McGwire and Canseco of using steroids as well as in 1998 Andro, a precursor drug was found in McGwire locker. Now all of a sudden, they have found religion and sanctimoniously claimed these same guys are tainted? The Bay Area Sports writers are correct.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one greatest hitters of all time. But he chose his path voluntarily & he has to live with his choices. The same goes for all the other guys who, because of ego, chose to break the rules & got caught.

Stop using the tired "steroid era" excuse as a way to lesson what cheaters did. If he hadn't admitted to taking testosterone & tetrahydrogestrinone, I wouldn't be opposed to him being in the HoF. But he did & we all know he did.

Tell that to those HOF players in the 60's and 70's who knowingly played and used jars of amphetamines in the clubhouses, even had nicknames of reddies and greenies...ever wonder how Mantle played so well after frequent benders the night before? Or Gaylord Perry admitting to doctoring the baseball repeatedly. Or Ty Cobb admitting to trying to hurt his opponent then going into serious detail about where he aims his spikes to cause the most damage.

He was part of an era where it is impossible to gauge who was on them, but every stone that gets unturned seems to lead to more and more guilty parties. Bonds admitting to doing steroids when it seems MANY did is no different then Mantle admitting to popping "leaded or unleaded" amphetamines after a long night of drinking in an era where the game turned a blind eye to that usage. Mantle is revered by sports writers because of his willingness to fraternize with them while Bonds is not and thus pays the penalty.

Lastly, what rules did Bonds break? I'll wait.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it makes more sense than the holier than thou stand by the hypocrites in the media who profited and cheered for McGwire and Sosa during the 1998 single season home-run record chase even though they knew that in 1994 the FBI in Operation Equine has fingered McGwire and Canseco of using steroids as well as in 1998 Andro, a precursor drug was found in McGwire locker. Now all of a sudden, they have found religion and sanctimoniously claimed these same guys are tainted? The Bay Area Sports writers are correct.

Yeah, maybe I'm being cynical but I'm just saying that if Bonds had played his entire career in Pittsburgh I believe that there would be more sanctimonious hypocrites in the Bay Area and more writers and reporters who are "correct" in the Pittsburgh area

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe I'm being cynical but I'm just saying that if Bonds had played his entire career in Pittsburgh I believe that there would be more sanctimonious hypocrites in the Bay Area and more writers and reporters who are "correct" in the Pittsburgh area

Not necessarily. There is a reason he did not stay in Pittsburgh. I know the herd mentality of the lazy media.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to those HOF players in the 60's and 70's who knowingly played and used jars of amphetamines in the clubhouses, even had nicknames of reddies and greenies...ever wonder how Mantle played so well after frequent benders the night before? Or Gaylord Perry admitting to doctoring the baseball repeatedly. Or Ty Cobb admitting to trying to hurt his opponent then going into serious detail about where he aims his spikes to cause the most damage.

I know. The holier than thou lazy fools in the media who all of a sudden has found piety in a game with so much past gabbage.