• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bonds Voted into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Bonds was voted into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame. Good. At least the sports writers are not highfalutin hypocrites like the national Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) who vote players into the HOF. Read more from here:

Barry Bonds Voted Into Bay Area Sports Hall Of Fame; Remains Hopeful For Cooperstown « CBS San Francisco

"SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Baseball’s home run king and former San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds, whose induction into baseball’s Hall of Fame has been denied by the voting sportswriters, has been elected into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame.
In his first year on the ballot, Bonds was the highest vote-getter among those included in the BASHOF class of 2015: his former Giants manager Dusty Baker, former Golden State Warriors owner Franklin Mieuli, skier Jonny Moseley, and golfer Roger Maltbie.
“It’s great. Being a Bay Area guy, it’s awesome. It’s wonderful,” Bonds told the San Francisco Chronicle

It may not be the same as the HOF but the symbolism is absolutely clear; BBWAA is full of holier than thou sanctimonious hypocrites.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, wonder if he'll ever make it into the MLB Hall of Fame.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really worth having a baseball HOF without Bonds, Clemens, etc.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really worth having a baseball HOF without Bonds, Clemens, etc.

It's pretty clear the steroid thing was rampant so singling some guys out is dumb. I really feel bad for a guy like Piazza. There is zero evidence he did anything, his numbers went downhill in his early 30's as was normal and I never saw him atrtached to anything like Balco. Ok, is some want to keep Bonds and Clemens out due to there being quite a bit of evidence fine. I disagree but fine. But to keep Piazza out on only the unsubstanciated rumors is ridiculous.

EVen if you put a Bonds and a Clemens in everyone will know they did the roids so what's the big deal?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, wonder if he'll ever make it into the MLB Hall of Fame.

Not unless they create a "Pumpkin Head" category for him.

He'd be first ballot for that for sure.

BoSox Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He never really explained how is head got bigger.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bonds sure is famous, I'll give him that!
I'd be pretty happy if Jackson, Rose, Bonds, McGwire, and Clemens didn't make it into Cooperstown in my lifetime. Not going to throw a fit if any of them do get in.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bonds sure is famous, I'll give him that!
I'd be pretty happy if Jackson, Rose, Bonds, McGwire, and Clemens didn't make it into Cooperstown in my lifetime. Not going to throw a fit if any of them do get in.

and Sosa and Palmeiro. Seriously, they should have a separate HOF wing.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unbelievable. You are quoting the same dumb assertion created by the media that Barry Bonds head grew big because of steroids. What an asinine statement. How many people who we know used steroids had their head grow and we know a whole lot who used steroids. This is a typical dumb statement made by the media and the sycophants eat it up.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never really explained how is head got bigger.

And who claimed his head grew bigger? How come we did not have the same for Canseco, McGwire, A-Rod and all those who have confessed to using steroids? Sometimes people are so porous in their analytic acuity that they buy anything from the media as gospel truth without any critical analysis.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. You are quoting the same dumb assertion created by the media that Barry Bonds head grew big because of steroids. What an asinine statement. How many people who we know used steroids had their head grow and we know a whole lot who used steroids. This is a typical dumb statement made by the media and the sycophants eat it up.

It was obvious through looking at pictures of the guy that his head grew, and it was documented that his cap size went up dramatically in his SF years.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obvious through looking at pictures of the guy that his head grew, and it was documented that his cap size went up dramatically in his SF years.

It was obvious? Can you tell looking at his father's head whether it grew big or not? Now ask yourself, how come he is the only one accused of steroids use with his head "exploding" considering the fact that many many people have admitted to steroids use yet do not have anyone claiming their heads exploding? What scientific evidence do you have that can say Bonds' head exploded because of steroids use except the drivel by the lazy and sanctimonious pundits in the media?

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds was always an arrogant prick. Now you through in the steroids deal and he can choke to death on a bag of dicks.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds was always an arrogant prick. Now you through in the steroids deal and he can choke to death on a bag of dicks.

Says who, you or Jeff Pearlman? Barry Bonds was a jerk to the lazy media who he saw destroyed his father Bobby Bonds. Hell, McGwire thumbed his nose at the media during his playing days in Oakland for those of us who actually knew him during the "bash brothers" days. Yet they fawned over him during his chase for the single season home run record and even though the FBI through "Operation Equine" had nailed McGwire and Canseco of using steroids. Barry Bonds was liked by his teammates, ask Royce Clayton or any of those who actually played with him including Rich Aurillia.

You can see how the media sold this "Bonds is jerk" B.S from the same guy who started this:

"I'd actually interviewed Barry four or five times during my years at Sports Illustrated. During the 2000 season I even did a lengthy profile on him—the first time he talked to the magazine in seven years. We sat down for about an hour, and he was spectacular. Funny, charming, charismatic. In fact, when I handed in the piece my editor was very angry. His exact words, and I quote, were, "If you wanted to give Barry Bonds a blowjob, we could have flown him to New York." So I adjusted the story, which still was very positive." From Sports Illustrated.

This is how Bonds is a jerk meme started long before the steroids use accusation even began. The media is full of shit whose herd mentality destroys sports figures who do not bow to their crap.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lance-armstrong-barry-bonds.jpg

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says who, you or Jeff Pearlman? Barry Bonds was a jerk to the lazy media who he saw destroyed his father Bobby Bonds. Hell, McGwire thumbed his nose at the media during his playing days in Oakland for those of us who actually knew him during the "bash brothers" days. Yet they fawned over him during his chase for the single season home run record and even though the FBI through "Operation Equine" had nailed McGwire and Canseco of using steroids. Barry Bonds was liked by his teammates, ask Royce Clayton or any of those who actually played with him including Rich Aurillia.

You can see how the media sold this "Bonds is jerk" B.S from the same guy who started this:

"I'd actually interviewed Barry four or five times during my years at Sports Illustrated. During the 2000 season I even did a lengthy profile on him—the first time he talked to the magazine in seven years. We sat down for about an hour, and he was spectacular. Funny, charming, charismatic. In fact, when I handed in the piece my editor was very angry. His exact words, and I quote, were, "If you wanted to give Barry Bonds a blowjob, we could have flown him to New York." So I adjusted the story, which still was very positive." From Sports Illustrated.

This is how Bonds is a jerk meme started long before the steroids use accusation even began. The media is full of shit whose herd mentality destroys sports figures who do not bow to their crap.

Says me, I don't give a shit what Pearlman says. Fuck Bonds. He is/was an asshole and he was a cheater.

My one friend is a die hard Giants fan and he'll defend that cock gobbler to no end. Are all Giants fans that delusional?

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says me, I don't give a shit what Pearlman says. Fuck Bonds. He is/was an asshole and he was a cheater.

My one friend is a die hard Giants fan and he'll defend that cock gobbler to no end. Are all Giants fans that delusional?

Of course you do, just echoing the drivel by Jeff Pearlman and the lazy media otherwise we make foray into the field of the hypocritical and double standards.