• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Predictions

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day Arizona lost their last game and some of you were wailing about how Arizona sucks and will not be a final four team; had someone laid that same prediction on you, there would have been no end to yours and other Zona fans retribution. Waiting a couple of days for the Cuse fans to get over the sting of a loss would have shown some class.

Go back and take a look at some of my posts regarding Arizona at that time. I spent several paragraphs discussing how great a coach Sean Miller is and would have a great chance to put together a better team in spite of losing Brandon Ashley. Your team during the down time barely squeaked by Stanford, lost to Cal and lost to Arizona St, two very mediocre teams. Now you are back and who knows Syracuse, when healthy just might surprise some folks. I am expecting them to bounce back and play some good ball as soon as they have time to heal.

I wouldn't call Cal and ASU great teams but I definitely wouldn't call them "very mediocre", as both are currently projected to make the tournament. The Pac-12 may only have one "elite" team but there are a lot of good teams after that.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call Cal and ASU great teams but I definitely wouldn't call them "very mediocre", as both are currently projected to make the tournament. The Pac-12 may only have one "elite" team but there are a lot of good teams after that.

OK I'm good with that. My point is a healthy Arizona beats those teams easily.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, Arizona looks like the only team that has a chance to make it to the Elite 8 in the Pac (besides maybe UCLA if they get hot)

I could see UCLA in the sweet 16 with the right matchups.

Give me a FF with 4 representatives from 4 different conferences (I love that shit!!)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see UCLA in the sweet 16 with the right matchups.

Give me a FF with 4 representatives from 4 different conferences (I love that shit!!)

For sure. I'm with ya, it would definitely make things a lot more interesting.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ill play. First, Wichita St will enter the FF at 38-0 and people on here will still be saying they suck. Second, despite losing respect ( by beating each other apparently ) the B10 will have 3 teams in the EE. Third, Virginia loses their first round game. Fourth, the national title game will be florida vs zona just like I predicted in august :)

2Slick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ill play. First, Wichita St will enter the FF at 38-0 and people on here will still be saying they suck. Second, despite losing respect ( by beating each other apparently ) the B10 will have 3 teams in the EE. Third, Virginia loses their first round game. Fourth, the national title game will be florida vs zona just like I predicted in august :)

:rofl:

Boy, Wichita fans and everyone on there bandwagon are in for a SHOCKER come tournament time.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:

Boy, Wichita fans and everyone on there bandwagon are in for a SHOCKER come tournament time.

Youre basing this on what exactly? The fact they made,the final 4 last year, returned everyone and are 31-0 with great metrics?? Lol. Im not a wichita fan but their team is legit and of a much higher caliber than the butler teams that made back to back final 4s.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre basing this on what exactly? The fact they made,the final 4 last year, returned everyone and are 31-0 with great metrics?? Lol. Im not a wichita fan but their team is legit and of a much higher caliber than the butler teams that made back to back final 4s.

My issue with them is how they will play against multiple top 25 teams who if any have a lights out game I doubt Witchita breaks them. Sure I can see Witchita with a deep run but I can also see a sweet 16 out (which is still good).

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with them is how they will play against multiple top 25 teams who if any have a lights out game I doubt Witchita breaks them. Sure I can see Witchita with a deep run but I can also see a sweet 16 out (which is still good).

This can be said for LITERALLY every team, though. The only difference is that it's less likely to happen against teams like WSU, Arizona, Florida, UVA because their defenses dictate the game. WSU is this good (and was this good last year) because their defense is not of a typical mid-major quality.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also of the opinion that Wichita St. will not make the final 4 and probably not the elite 8. Yes, they did well last year; this year they get some respect from the teams they are playing. Being behind and half time 8 times in that league just isn't getting it done. Only about 3 weeks and we shall see.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on WSU...

Yes they are very good, but transitioning from a schedule where 24 of your games were against 100+ rpi teams to the tourney is going to be VERY hard. Last year their schedule was much better.

Their 2nd opponent in the tournament will be far and away their 2nd toughest opponent of the whole year... Their 3rd game will likely be their toughest opponent of the year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on WSU...

Yes they are very good, but transitioning from a schedule where 24 of your games were against 100+ rpi teams to the tourney is going to be VERY hard. Last year their schedule was much better.

Their 2nd opponent in the tournament will be far and away their 2nd toughest opponent of the whole year... Their 3rd game will likely be their toughest opponent of the year.

Frankly I am the opposite. I am super impressed WSU has remained unbeaten given how bored and uninspired they must be night after night playing in the MVC. Its no real surprise they get behind often and then end up winning by 15 anyway. This team is SOOOOO much better than anyone else in that league its laughable. The good thing is that the Shockers are also very experienced so they wont be caught off guard by the tourney. It wouldnt surprise me to see them really lay the fucking smackdown on someone in their second round game. We havent seen a team that was this much better than the rest of their league since the early 90's UNLV teams.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bold predictions:

WSU won't make it to the EE
Neither will Cuse
In fact, I see only one of the following teams making it to the EE unless they play each other to get there: Nova, Cuse, WSU, St. Louis, Creighton.

And PS, all od Sting's predictions are statistically in fact, bold. Don't get wrapped around the azle guys. It's not saying that it's unheard of, it's just saying that they have a very low possibility of happening; and therefore, bold.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would I take option 2 when the original option was thrown out like a cheap rag?

I'll give ya a day to think it over. You know...like buying a house, you get a day to call it off. :suds:

I am a bit surprised with respect to all the losses by ranked teams yesterday, that the Cuse is the one you believe is the most ripe for picking. KU losing to OSU. UC/UConn, Crieghton/X, STL/VCU, UK getting cocked. For me it's all about Grant getting back healthy.

SU is struggling on the offensive side so you could be onto something.

For sure I'll take the SU won't make it past the S16 bet. It's all about the match ups but from this point in time, I like that avi bet a bunch. :nod:

Up to you sir.

I believe you owe me an avatar, sir. :lol: