• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BoiseStateFan27's College Football preseason 120

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for more, I also wasn't very motivated for this one because now I have to talk about how bad my alumini is.

107. Bowling Green Falcons

Bowling-Green-Falcons.jpg

Why they're here: Bowling Green fell apart last season, after such a strong start to Dave Clauson's tenure at Bowling Green where he made a bowl game in his first season the team struggled last year. The struggles all started with the offense that only averaged 4.3 yards per play. The defense also sucked giving up 6.1 yards per play. Quarterback was a struggle last year with now sophmore Matt Schilz throwing 14 interceptions to only 8 touchdowns. His only competition is freshman Trent Hurley. Another major issue with the offense is the offensive line which was horrible last year, they return 4 starters but that may or may not be a good thing, since the offense only averaged a pathetic 2.1 yards per rush. The offensive line also gave up 35 sacks and 92 TFL. Running back is a position of need the top returner is sophmore Justin Hobgood who averaged only 2.2 yards per carry. Defense is also an issue. The problems start with the defense only managing 17 sacks and 58 TFL. Defensive line is a major need for Bowling Green.

Why they could be higher: The offense does have one big piece, senior WR Kamar Jordan, who had 96 catches for 1,109 yards, one can only imagine what he could do with consistant quarterback play and a good offensive line. The defensive line does have some help with junior DT Chris Jones who had 6 sacks and 11 TFL last year the defensive line must be built around him. They also return Junior linebacker Dwayne Woods, who led the team in tackles last year and had 2.5 sacks 6 TFL. Bowling Green runs a unique defense called the 42 scheme which has what is called the Rover position, which is basically a linebacker/ defensive back hybrid, their previous starter graduated but he didn't do much. The secondary returns a lot of their players and it is said that they're making good progress this spring.

Predictions

@ Idaho W
Morgan State W
Wyoming L
@ Miami of Ohio L
@ West Virginia L
@ Western Michigan L
Toledo L
Temple L
@ Kent State L
Northern Illinois L
Ohio W
@ Buffalo L

3-9

Bowling Green gets a nice start to the year by getting to open the season with Idaho and Morgan State but then that is followed up by tough games against Miami of Ohio and West Virginia, Western Michigan and Toledo will also be difficult. Bowling Green could potentially beat Temple at home but other than that they don't have much hope to go beyond 4 wins.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to get back going on this, I also need to be less busy