• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BoiseStateFan27's College Football preseason 120

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
111. Rice Owls

ricelogo.gif

Why they're here: Rice has a bad defense, last year they gave up at least 30 points in all but one game, 5 of them they gave up 40. They gave up 6.4 yards per attempt and 8.7 yards per pass attempt. The defense only got 13 sacks last year and only 14 turnovers forced. This all puts pressure on their young offense.

Why they could be higher: Their secondary returns 4 of 5 starters which is something they certainly need. They return sophmore QB Taylor McHargue who played well in 5 games last season, but sometimes he was inconsitant and sometimes injury prone. They return both their leading recievers. They return their entire offensive line and their running back who ran for 883 yards last year. The offensive line was a bit mediocre last year but should improve.

Predictions

@ Texas L
Purdue L
@ Baylor L
@ Southern Miss L
Memphis W
@ Marshall L
Tulsa L
@ Houston L
UTEP W
@ Northwestern L
Tulane L
@ SMU

Their OOC schedule is very tough making things difficult for Rice. Good news is they have quite a few easy home games, they could potentially beat teams like Purdue and Tulane in addition to Memphis and UTEP. The rest of the schedule is very difficult and most likely will have blowout losses for Rice.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be awfully time consuming boise.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the time frime you predict that this will be complete?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be awfully time consuming boise.

Yes it will be sir. I do have my rankings up to 93 right now, then I post them here with the previews.

I might get at least another one done today, because I won't have much of a chance to do many more the rest of this week, work is going to be busy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must strive to complete at least 1 a day.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the time frime you predict that this will be complete?

somewhere in the summer. My goal is to get off to a fast start in these rankings because summer will be busy for me and at times I will only be making a plorst a day.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110. Vanderbilt Commodores

Vanderbilt+Logo.jpg

Why They're Here: They have a first year head coach, on a team that quite frankly is a disaster right now. Their offense was terrible last year. Averaging only 4.6 yards per play. Both of their QBs struggled last year. Vanderbilt's offensive line struggled badly last year giving up 35 sacks and 90 TFL last year, no running back or wide reciever got more than 459 yards last year. Vanderbilt's defense was also bad, giving up 4.5 yards per attempt and 7.8 yards per pass attempt. Vanderbilt also lost both Outside linebackers.

Why they could be higher: A lot of these players will be a year older and could potentially play better, the offensive line returns all 5 starters, and they return quite a few of their key defensive players as well.

Predictions

Elon W
Uconn L
Ole Miss L
@ South Carolina L
@ Alabama L
Georgia L
Army W
Arkansas L
@ Florida L
Kentucky L
@Tennessee L
@ Wake Forest L

The schedule is good news and bad news, good news is they have the usual SEC creampuff OOC schedule that should easily give them two wins, bad news is the play a tough in conference schedule getting a lot of the conferences best teams. If Vanderbilt improves greatly and gets some breaks that could manage wins over Elon, Uconn, Ole Miss(they always seem to beat them for some reason), Army, Kentucky and Wake Forest to make a bowl game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
109. Rutgers Scarlet Knights

rutgers-scarlet-knights-alternate-logo-7-primary.jpg

Why They're Here: Rutgers has fallen apart lately, last year was their worst under Schiano. They had a terrible offense that averaged only 4.6 yards per play, including a terrible 2.7 yards per rush(the days of Ray Rice seem long gone). Their defense didn't help things by giving up 5.8 yards per play including 7.8 yards per pass. Rutgers offensive line was well, offensive giving up 61 sacks and 113 TFL last year. Four starters return to the line but is that a good thing? Running Back is a major hole with their leading rusher from last year changing positions to cornerback. Rutgers only returns one starter from an already struggling defensive line, that starters had 1.5 sacks and 6.5 TFL. No other returning defensive linemen had more than 2 TFL. They lost two of their starting linebackers including one that was their leading tackler. Rutgers secondary only returns one starter from last year. Rutgers has a lot of work to do, or it's another bad year that includes losing to the Tulanes of the world again.

Why they could be higher: The offense should improve they return Quarterback Chas Dodd who was decent last year, They also return a group of promising young recievers including, reciever Mark Harrison, who had 44 receptions for 829 yards and 9 touchdowns last year. Schiano is a pretty good coach so perhaps he can find new starters to emerge this year.

Predictions

North Carolina Central W
@ North Carolina L
Ohio W
@ Syracuse L
Pitt L
Navy L
@ Louisville L
West Virginia L
Army L(Yankee Stadium)
Cincinnati L
@ UConn L

2-10

The good news is if Schiano can find new starters Rutgers could easily get into a bowl as they play against a lot of mediocre teams, bad news is Rutgers is below mediocre at this time. They should at least beat North Carolina Central and one out of Ohio and Army.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the moment maybe this logo is more appropriate for Rutgers

RutgersLogo.JPG

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Wake Forest join the SEC? Seems like Vandy plays them every year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
108. Tulane Green Wave

tulane-green-wave-alternate-logo-primary.jpg

Why They're Here: Tulane has struggled horribly under Bob Toledo. This season doesn't look much better for them. They have problems on both the offense and defense. Their QB Ryan Griffin needs to start playing a bit better he only had 6.4 yards per pass last year. The overall running game for Tulane is an issue only going for 3.5 yards per carry. Tulane lost their top recievers from last year so that will be an issue. Tulane also has problems on defense, last year it gave up 6.0 yards per play, both the passing and running defenses were problems. Tulane loses DT Justin Adams who had 7.5 sacks last year so that's a major loss from an already struggling defense. Secondary is another issue because they lose Phillip Davis who was first team all conference USA last year. No other player in the secondary was close to as good as he was.

Why they could be higher: They do have some highlights on the teams, despite all the rushing troubles they do have a very productive runningback Orleans Darkwa who went for 925 yards last year, Tulane might have to rely on him more to help their running game. On defense Tulane does return DE Dezman Moses who had 6 sacks, 11 TFL and 3 forced fumbles last year. They also return MLB Trent Mackey who had 124 tackles, 7.5 TFL and 3 forced fumbles. The defense will have to develope around those two players.

Predictions

SE Louisiana W
Tulsa L
@ UAB L
@ Duke L
@ Army L
Syracuse L
UTEP W
Memphis W
@ ECU L
@ SMU L
Houston L
@ Rice W
@ Hawai'i L

4-9

Their schedule is quite easy but the bad news is a lot of the winnable games are away games I have them winning one of those, If this team gets things together they could easily get off to a 4-1 start to the year maybe even 7-1.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump, when I get time, I'm going to try to do many of these at a time, so that I can catch up and get ahead.