• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BoiseStateFan27's College Football preseason 120

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
118. Akron Zips

zippy.gif

Reason why they're here: Last year was a terrible year for the Zips, they were one game removed from a winless season, and worst of all that was on a mostly senior team. Also this team lost to Gardner-Webb who finished 4-8 playing in the FCS. None of their Runningbacks have had more than 8 carries in their careers. They lost their top two recieving threats and none of the others really showed any promise, The offensive line returns 3 starters from a line that gave up 33 sacks last season. Akron's defense gave up 6.3 yards per play and made very few big plays. Plus their best defensive player graduated. Zips have a lot of work to do. Their mascot does them no favors either, it's a Kangaroo! It's bad enough their team doesn't intimidate anyone but their mascot doesn't either!

Reason why they could be higher: Apparently that kangaroo thing in their logo thinks their capable of something, maybe he knows something we don't or he's just a biased homer. They got some Juco transfers that could compete with Jr. QB Patrick Nicely who was ineffective last year. They ended the season strong, losing close games to decent teams then winning their last game, but problem was most of those players were seniors. Another positive is that they get to play a greatly depleted Ohio State team to start the year, so instead of losing by 50 or 60 they get to lose by 30 or 40.

Predictions
@ Ohio State L
Temple L
@ Cincinnati L
VMI W
@ Eastern Michigan L
FIU L
Ohio L
Central Michigan L
@ Miami Ohio L
Kent State L
@ Buffalo L
@ Western Michigan L

1-11

This is brutal of a schedule, Ohio State despite all the issues and lost starters is still the 2nd toughest team they deal with. They also have the powerhouse of the Bobcats of Ohio to deal with. They get the benefit of playing a FCS team, not only that they play a completely horrible FCS team. VMI went 3-8 last year including a loss to Akron's nemisis Gardner Webb! Hopefully Akron can beat them. If this team makes good strides they might be able to beat Central Michigan.

fify.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll do one more

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
117. New Mexico State Aggies

150px-New_Mexico_State_Aggies_logo.png

Why They're here: New Mexico State has a lot of issues. They only won two games last year but appear to be going backward. They had no consistant quarterback play last year and that will likely translate to this year. They started two Quartbacks last year, current senior Matt Christian and sophmore Andrew Manley, while both struggled Manley turned over the ball far more often. Kenny Turner, their leading rusher returns but he only ran for 461 yards and a 4.0 Yards per carry average so they need a rusher to step up if they hope to be any good. New Mexico State also loses their top two recievers from last year. Their defense is even worse, giving up 6.8 yards per play. Last season their defensive line got only 9 sacks TOTAL all year, tied for the 2nd worst in all of college football. Their only real highlight on defense was CB Davon House, but he graduated and will be a 2nd to 4th round pick in the draft. The secondary as a whole got only 4 interceptions last year, and it will be even more troublesome because at least last year they had Davon House to cover one side of the field, now opposing QBs will have both sides to throw to, looks like a long year.

Why they could be higher: Their offensive line returns all 5 starters from last year, it's actually a very solid line too, only gave up 19 sacks all of last year so this is a major positive. They also return a good bit of their linebackers. This is a team that could surprise and win a few games if someone emerges in their skill positions.

Predictions

Ohio L
@ Minnesota L
UTEP L
@ San Jose State W
@ New Mexico L
Idaho L
@ Hawai'i L
Nevada L
@ Georgia L
Fresno State L
@ BYU L
@ Louisiana Tech L
Utah State L

1-12

Their schedule is alright, they play 13 games because they play at Hawai'i this year. The best case that can really be seen for this team is a 4 win season with wins over New Mexico, Idaho, San Jose State and UTEP. If they were to have someone emerge in each skill position they could potentiall win their first 6 games and really surprise some people, they'll likely lose all the rest but still that would be an amazing year for them, but that is if everything works out perfectly and Minnesota overlooks them(hey Minnesota lost to South Dakota last year, they could easily lose). Most likely New Mexico State will struggle and only have one win.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since nothing but baseball is going on now, I'm going to start on this, I will countdown from 120 as the offseason goes on and then after the football season everyone can bump this and laugh at how far off I was.

To start this off time to name team number 120

120. Memphis Tigers

memphis-tigers-alternate-logo-primary.jpg

Reason Why they're here: They're the worst until they prove otherwise, and last season they were just terrible, they went 1-11 with their only win coming against a Mid Tenn State team who was using their backup QB, so in other words not good. This team and program has a lot of work to do.

Reason for Them to be hopeful of being better than this: umm their QB was a freshman and he showed some promise, maybe they'll surprise some people and win a few games. They got a few solid recruits this past offseason so at least the future is looking positive but this will likely be a season to forget.

Prediction

Mississippi State L
@ Arkansas State L
Austin Peay W(maybe)
SMU L
@ Mid Tenn State L
@ Rice L
ECU L
@ Tulane L
@ UCF L
UAB L
Marshall L
@ Southern Miss L

Record 1-11

Their schedule doesn't do them much favors luckily they play Austin Peay so they can get at least one win, bad news is the only other two winable games being against Tulane and Rice are both away games, very unlikely that they win those games. Their best chance other than that is Marshall at home but that isn't even too likely.

I wouldn't mind seeing these fuckers in the Big 12. Mostly because they are willing to pay and it opens up a new time zone and recruitment area. Pick them and Arkansas up and kick the Oklahomers to the North. Nothing but a pipe dream.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he meant holy carp, one must have gotten into Lake Michigan.

biggest-carp-caught-1.jpg

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't mind seeing these fuckers in the Big 12. Mostly because they are willing to pay and it opens up a new time zone and recruitment area. Pick them and Arkansas up and kick the Oklahomers to the North. Nothing but a pipe dream.

I thought it was only a matter of time till Marshall and Memphis (with their great backs) would make it to bcs level.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

adding Memphis would start to work towards being a basketball conference, since we're pipe dreaming here, maybe you should also add Boise State to bring the football aspect to it :D

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
adding Memphis would start to work towards being a basketball conference, since we're pipe dreaming here, maybe you should also add Boise State to bring the football aspect to it :D

How much longer is Memph basketball in trouble with the NCAA?

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to have Boise and it is certainly more feasible than Arkansas leaving the SEC. I just can't think of which team would get kicked to the north with the Boise scenario. Hopefully it would be OU in that scenario to balance the divisions out.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer is Memph basketball in trouble with the NCAA?

I think they're done with that, most of their starters were freshmen last year and they're returning so Memphis is looking like a top 10 team next season.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Boise and it is certainly more feasible than Arkansas leaving the SEC. I just can't think of which team would get kicked to the north with the Boise scenario. Hopefully it would be OU in that scenario to balance the divisions out.

Yeah that is quite likely. It would be awesome for us, playing Texas every year would be a big deal. Perhaps in 2013 or so this can come true. We'll be over 50,000 seats in our stadium by then.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is quite likely. It would be awesome for us, playing Texas every year would be a big deal. Perhaps in 2013 or so this can come true. We'll be over 50,000 seats in our stadium by then.

One can only hope. I'm not much looking forward to this round robin format. I doubt ya'll would play Texas every year, the old format was unlike the SEC in that there were no cross-divisional yearly rivalries.