• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Pelini is out

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it has already been said it is not aboout the wins. It is about the failure to compete. Pelini is 7-17 against ranked teams. He has no signature win in his seven years at Nebraska and multiple double digit blow outs every year.
this. just to get in on the thread.

I've read a lot of articles and been on both sides of the fence for quite some time. I really have no problem losing games, but the blowouts are just unacceptable. the poor performances and inconsistency is just too maddening.

honestly, with the talent level Nebraska has and the easy schedule, I think any coach could get to 9 wins at Nebraska. I don't think Bo was doing anything special, as others have said all over this board, Bo was winning the games against teams with <7wins. and only going 50/50 against those with >7 wins and don't even look at his record against teams with >8 wins, it's horrible.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on this one. Who in the world will Nebraska hire that will give them 9+ wins EVERY year, like Pelini has? You know, on this forum I've made comments on Pelini's job status and how he was in trouble. But those were from what I was watching on Pelini from the media, and experiencing your complaints on this site. To me, Pelini didn't deserve to be dumped on for getting 9+ wins in a place not in the south every year. But on my threads, I had to call them like I saw them. And what I saw was a fan-base turning sour on the team.

It's such a shame: In a year where I've made a few misfires on Nebraska's stats and records, it was Nebraska who made the ultimate misfire.

Pelini didnt get fired because of his record. He got fired, because he is a prick. He is probably coaching Nebraska next year, if he was a likeable guy that never embarrassed the University. You can be a prick, but that means you have to win titles. He is Mangini light. Mangini was on the best coaches Kansas ever had, but he was ugly and a prick, so he had to go.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention it took Bo four weeks to figure out how to stop offenses from getting around the edge. Bo's teams were known for making little to no in game adjustments. Bo's teams just lost the games he needed to win most, hence, 9 win benchmarks meant nothing in the big picture.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it has already been said it is not aboout the wins. It is about the failure to compete. Pelini is 7-17 against ranked teams. He has no signature win in his seven years at Nebraska and multiple double digit blow outs every year.

Also Eichorst said in his presser it was not just on-field performance so I would not be surprised if another audio-gate surfaces in the near future.

It's been said over and over and over again but those who do not want to listen will not listen.

Not only this, but the fan base is starting to not be hyped over games and the atmosphere in Lincoln is not nearly what it use to be. People in Nebraska just are not happy with Bo and how the football team has been performing. People use to get excited to watch the game and not really worry about it. Now, a lot of them just worry if we're going to even put a decent team on the field or get embarrassed most of the time. They still get excited but it's no where near what it use to be.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if :badmin: but I saw someone (probably a Husker fan) changed the Jim Tressel wiki page to say "Current Nebraska head football coach" on Sunday. I got a good giggle out of that.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have never gotten rid of Solich IMO.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Another coach who consistently brought home 9 wins seasons.
-
Different time. You have to remember Nebraska just lost Osborne. Replacing a legend is 9 time out of 10 going to be a death sentence.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solich had several off the field issues.

One you basically learned about was after he was arrested for drunken driving at Ohio. Not once either. let's just say, Solich was following the Bob Devaney method of drinking. No drugs, but booze. It is safe to say, that being the head coach in Lincoln, Nebraska, and being arrested for drunken driving, NEVER happened and there is NO police record.

Then there are the other issues I won't mention, but those same issues have taken down some other coaches in the last five years. Some schools allow it to slide and make payoffs, some schools fire the coaches. Nebraska chooses to fire the coaches.

Y

Yapp14

-
Different time. You have to remember Nebraska just lost Osborne. Replacing a legend is 9 time out of 10 going to be a death sentence.
No question. But I am saying that UN just fired another coach for going 9-3

Y

Yapp14

Solich had several off the field issues.

One you basically learned about was after he was arrested for drunken driving at Ohio. Not once either. let's just say, Solich was following the Bob Devaney method of drinking. No drugs, but booze. It is safe to say, that being the head coach in Lincoln, Nebraska, and being arrested for drunken driving, NEVER happened and there is NO police record.

Then there are the other issues I won't mention, but those same issues have taken down some other coaches in the last five years. Some schools allow it to slide and make payoffs, some schools fire the coaches. Nebraska chooses to fire the coaches.
What? Did he go full-Petrino?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. But I am saying that UN just fired another coach for going 9-3

This is what gets me abut message boards. You can state the facts over and over yet there will be but loads of butthheads who either can't comprehend facts or choose to ignore them. He wasn't fired for going 9-3.:gaah: