• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo not being Bo

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad you brought that up, I was just about to. If you look at the top of the stands there is always some empty seats. The Boosters save it and take turns keeping the streak alive.

Well it is hard to get every single ticket used every time. I mean, those scalpers are outside eating tickets as well at some games. It happens every where.

So like I said, technically yes it is sold out. So they aren't technically lying. They never said that the stadium is maxed out for every game. Plus when they give out the attendance they count every single body in that stadium. From security to vendors to media to everyone just to make the number bigger. They don't just announce the attendance according to the tickets.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the games always sold out.....but when the stadium was half empty do you suppose everyone who was there was eating twice as many Runzas to make up for those that weren't there?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got to go on the rowAd to MSU &Wisco. Mammy comes to Town but once again I think we can win 2-3 if not all 3. Huskers will win the big ten this year book mark it

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini is not perfect, but he is our coach. Outsiders who criticize how he conducts himself should take a look in the mirror first. He is passionate about helping those 100+ young men become responsible adults, better themselves academically to leave with a degree. Let your complaints center around those few football games that the team falls flat or doesn't look prepared. For those that are upset about not winning conference titles or championships, have you forgotten already where the team was headed in 2007? I'll take any year of Pelini over what I saw that year.

I do think that changing conferences did hurt us a bit more than people want to admit. Bo had clearly recruited to defend spread offenses with hybrid DB's. Each year you have to deal with players getting injuries. It happens across the board. For the past two years, we've had to play without one of our top two playmakers on offense. When that happens, you will struggle to score points and lose games you normally wouldn't. Without a doubt in my mind, had TM not gotten hurt in '13, we would have won 11 games, maybe more. Those looking for more than that need to realize those seasons are rare in college ball. Until that happens, I will continue to support the university, the players and Bo. Things have been and could be so much worse.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini is not perfect, but he is our coach. Outsiders who criticize how he conducts himself should take a look in the mirror first. He is passionate about helping those 100+ young men become responsible adults, better themselves academically to leave with a degree. Let your complaints center around those few football games that the team falls flat or doesn't look prepared. For those that are upset about not winning conference titles or championships, have you forgotten already where the team was headed in 2007? I'll take any year of Pelini over what I saw that year.

I do think that changing conferences did hurt us a bit more than people want to admit. Bo had clearly recruited to defend spread offenses with hybrid DB's. Each year you have to deal with players getting injuries. It happens across the board. For the past two years, we've had to play without one of our top two playmakers on offense. When that happens, you will struggle to score points and lose games you normally wouldn't. Without a doubt in my mind, had TM not gotten hurt in '13, we would have won 11 games, maybe more. Those looking for more than that need to realize those seasons are rare in college ball. Until that happens, I will continue to support the university, the players and Bo. Things have been and could be so much worse.

Welcome to the hoop.

These guys are experts, so you don't need to explain anything to them. ANY of them could do a better job coaching, hiring assistants and running the program than anyone hired by the amateurs at UNL. Wait til the season rolls around, they will amaze and astound you.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taking swings at refs, cussing out the fan base (as a whole), and being rude to the media is not setting a good example for those young men. I can guarantee you if they leave the program and conduct themselves in that manner in their businesses, jobs, relationships, courts, etc. they will be failures. No college degree will save them in this world if they can't communicate without being obnoxious meat-heads.

Anywhere from 11- 16 teams Per Year have won 11 or more games since 2008. That is NOT "rare".
Using 10 wins as a standard you get even more.
Using 9 wins as some kind of standard (like the apologists use) is an absolute joke.

Enjoy your battered wives syndrome. The realists will be here to console you in a couple years when you finally come to terms that he's not changing or improving, that he's just barely eking by on the pre-existing structure of a successful blue-blood program. He would not be a 9 win coach at a bottom dweller.

Bo Pelini is not an intelligent man either. He's an unorganized bloviating idiot that can't communicate a thought unless he's being an asshole. "umm-umm duh, umm umm duh, umm umm duh".

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you suggesting that the 2009 and 2010 teams should have won the CCG in their respective seasons?

Was he a monkey trying to drive a Ferrari?

I only say this because I ask myself the same question.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMNIT I KEEP FUCKIN UP THE YEARS/ SEASONS. It all seems so long ago.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you suggesting that the 2009 and 2010 teams should have won the CCG in their respective seasons?

Was he a monkey trying to drive a Ferrari?

I only say this because I ask myself the same question.

Well he had HWSNBN recruited talent. Suh was a huge factor in disrupting the opponents.

I just know what I see (week in and week out), and that is disorganized football with a lack of fundamentals being displayed. When you go 13 weeks without rushing a punter nor setting up a return there is a problem not being addressed.

Good coordinators do not automatically translate into good head coaches and I think Bo is in over his head trying to put all the pieces together. His outbursts of frustration are a by-product of that.

Bo needs to stop blaming the players for not executing something he's apparently incapable of teaching. There are med-school players down there who got frustrated with his defense, switched to the offense and gelled.

Although they have completely different personalities, I liken Bo's coaching skills to Neuheisal.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA gonna feel like an idiot in 2 years

Pretty sure the critics were supposed to feel like idiots in 2011, 2012 and 2013 as well.

How'd that easy Big 10 schedule work out last season? How many teams punched Nebraska in the mouth rushing the football just like in 2011 and 2012?

How long before the defense started playing again? Oh, that's right, mid-season again like every other season.

I'd say the odds are on my side that we see no marked improvement in Nebraska football under Pelini. It's been what 6 full years now?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the critics were supposed to feel like idiots in 2011, 2012 and 2013 as well.

How'd that easy Big 10 schedule work out last season? How many teams punched Nebraska in the mouth rushing the football just like in 2011 and 2012?

How long before the defense started playing again? Oh, that's right, mid-season again like every other season.

I'd say the odds are on my side that we see no marked improvement in Nebraska football under Pelini. It's been what 6 full years now?

This will be Bo's first year returning talented experience up front on Defense since 2009.

That along with the fact that we are loaded with talent on Offense, and have the best Running Back in the country......I like our chances this upcoming season.

It really all comes down to if changes were made in Special Teams in the offseason or not.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do we have the best RB in the country.........but we also have the best DE in the country.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1472955_629614010413408_630787584_n.jpg

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck in the last 3 years:

Wisconsin - 100%
Ohio State - 99%
Michigan State - 99%
Michigan - 90%
Penn State - 86%
Northwestern - 84%
Iowa - 84%
Minnesota - 79%
Indiana - 79%
Purdue - 79%
Illinois - 74%
Nebraska - none

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

God luv ya, JJM

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I think you hit all of the "Bo Pelini defender" talking points. Congrats on that.