• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo not being Bo

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guise

Just be happy for the conference championships that he's won for Nebraska, the BCS bowls he's gotten them into, and the national championships they've at least played for.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you guys.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greedy bastards!!!

Just because Bo hasn't won a national championship you want him run outta here. You can't be happy with just getting close all those times.

Besides, he's trying to get nicer and if you'll drop your damn unreasonable expectations, he might even eventually like you.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the deal fellers.....

Bo didn't get fired this year......which means that he is our coach next year.

Because of that, in all honesty we would just be wasting our time bashing him in the offseason. Might as well wait until next season to begin the criticizing again.....cuz as of right now it's just a waste of time and energy.

It reminds me of the folks who bitched and moaned after Obama was elected and re-elected.......what you gonna do about it? Complain all you want, but he isn't gone until he's gone.......and while he's here I'm gonna keep having his back and hoping for the best, because he is ours and he represents us.....until the day he no longer does.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to my point about the oline we had three guys hurt and had to move around other players to fill in there spot. So just because you started doesn't mean you were thee starter. Also TMART K.BELL A.MOORE J.TURNER all went down that is substantial losses to your offense. I am don't defending everything Bo has done but I am certainly not putting all the blame on him either.

nrgmorris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man some of you guys are just beyond help. Holy fuck. I fucking hate posting anything football related in here. Like sharks on a fucking blood block.

It won't happen again.

I for one appreciate it Tom. Also agree that he is ours until he is not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, I'll be rooting for the players and the Nebraska football program.

I'll also be keeping it real with the person responsible for ensuring his assistant coaches are qualified, for getting them on the same page, and for getting the players prepared in August, and subsequently week to week.

I will not buy into what's being sold now (which is propaganda fluff) and that I should be happy with barely scraping by for 9 win seasons as long as Bo is nice. Expectations have been lowered, and we are dangerously close to having them lowered even further.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think Nebraska standards should be be 10-11 wins. And I do think that Bo wants to be known as a coach who grooms other head coaches. (So an so came from the Pelini camp) I am not happy with the way we have scrapped by but I am also reasonable. What we had before Bo and the direction we are headed now I do think we are very close to getting to the playoff and having 10-11 win seasons it has just taken a long time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when folks said they root for Nebraska but not Callahan....

All you gotta do is think about how ridiculous that really is and then you'll realize how ridiculous that really is.

Bo Pelini is Nebraska Football right now. He is the face of Nebraska. Nebraska is like an ugly chick with a hot body right now. People wanna put a bag over its face and fuck it.......but the fact remains, it is still what it is.

You fuck an ugly chick, you fuck an ugly chick. You support Nebraska, you support Bo Pelini.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also our coaching staff has been picked apart

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry.

Bo's great. He's changed and growing.

Carry on.

The article induces my gag reflex several times, but I can meet this idea halfway.

This is what happens when you hire a guy who's never been a head coach. Was he even a head coach at the high school level? I don't think he was. I think he might just be getting the hang of this whole head coach thing, but I'm gonna be honest... If he doesn't land a monster recruiting class and finish in the top 10 in the next two years, he needs to go. He has no fucking excuse.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the deal fellers.....

Bo didn't get fired this year......which means that he is our coach next year.

Because of that, in all honesty we would just be wasting our time bashing him in the offseason. Might as well wait until next season to begin the criticizing again.....cuz as of right now it's just a waste of time and energy.

It reminds me of the folks who bitched and moaned after Obama was elected and re-elected.......what you gonna do about it? Complain all you want, but he isn't gone until he's gone.......and while he's here I'm gonna keep having his back and hoping for the best, because he is ours and he represents us.....until the day he no longer does.

That is a great point JJM!!! If something exists then why say anything until it changes itself. That is the mentality we should all have in everyday life.

Slavery: well it exists so hey, let's just sit back and watch the greatness of that until it goes away. Let's not try to stop this inhumanity.

Diseases like cancer, AIDS, and countless other diseases: they exist so hey, let's just sit back and not try to find a cure for this stuff.

Starving children: it exists so hey, let's not waste our time trying to help and just wait to see if they can find their own damn food.

Need I go on?

Yes, Bo is the head coach and there is nothing any of us can do about it. But that is because we are worthless peasants that don't have the money or job title to change it. But that doesn't mean we as fans just bend over and take it!!!! Was there this much of this, "well he is our coach so deal with it" crap being said in the middle of the Callahan debacle before he was fired? The answer is clearly HELL NO!!!!

And yes it is possible to root for Nebraska and not the head coach.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point entirely.

We don't bitch about it because we actually think we are going to be able to change it.......we bitch just for the sake of bitching.

Like I said before......no coach will be fired here as long as he's filling the stands. As soon as Callahan stopped making money for the University, they fired his ass. It wasn't what the fans were saying, but ultimately what they ended up doing, that got him fired.

So we can talk all we want.....but as long as we keep going to the games they aren't gonna fire him. All the care about is making money. That's it......just money.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the sellout streak ending under HWSNBN.

The university must be lying by stating it dates back to Nov 3rd 1962.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini = Slavery, AIDS and Cancer..... :stephena:

:pound:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the sellout streak ending under HWSNBN.

Oh come on RA!!!! That pokes holes in their defense of all that is great with the program and we all need to stick our heads in the sand with out asses in the air and pray that we keep getting raped.

The university must be lying by stating it dates back to Nov 3rd 1962.

Well, depending on how you want to look at it they are lying and have been for a long time. When all the tickets aren't sold then a booster or 2 ponies up the money to buy out the tickets so the sellout streak continues. So technically it is sold out but kind of in a sideways way.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on RA!!!! That pokes holes in their defense of all that is great with the program and we all need to stick our heads in the sand with out asses in the air and pray that we keep getting raped.

Well, depending on how you want to look at it they are lying and have been for a long time. When all the tickets aren't sold then a booster or 2 ponies up the money to buy out the tickets so the sellout streak continues. So technically it is sold out but kind of in a sideways way.

glad you brought that up, I was just about to. If you look at the top of the stands there is always some empty seats. The Boosters save it and take turns keeping the streak alive.