• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Blue and Gold Game: April 16th 12:30pm NBC Sports

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I wil start the Thread a little early. I got some exciting news. We will finally have a real game. This year Kelly is splitting Kizer and MZ into 2 teams. Kelly will make 2 teams and they will battle it out.

I been waiting for this. I hated the scoring system they were using. Kelly wants to have a real game feel. He knows this is a very important battle between MZ and Kizer. Kelly said this game will have an impact on the battle. Shock to hear that. It will also be full contact in the 1st half when these 2 are battling it out.

This year I think it will be fun to watch.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I wil start the Thread a little early. I got some exciting news. We will finally have a real game. This year Kelly is splitting Kizer and MZ into 2 teams. Kelly will make 2 teams and they will battle it out.

I been waiting for this. I hated the scoring system they were using. Kelly wants to have a real game feel. He knows this is a very important battle between MZ and Kizer. Kelly said this game will have an impact on the battle. Shock to hear that. It will also be full contact in the 1st half when these 2 are battling it out.

This year I think it will be fun to watch.
Never had the depth/lack of injuries to run it this way before. I like it too. It will give you more of a feel to see who is better prepared too, not that the QB challenge will not be ongoing through the fall camp (to avoid transfers, if nothing else). Plus it balances out the teams.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of spots up for grabs in the starting roster or guys in the rotation so this format should be helpful for a lot of guys.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Zaire will QB one team and Kizer will head the other team, where does that leave Wimbush? I know Kelly is scared that Zaire or Kizer might transfer, but my concern is that Wimbush transfers.

But while I do think that we now have the depth that we can effectively run two full teams. My concern here is that they might split up the offensive line between the two teams instead of letting the first team guys work as a team like they will in the regular season. Same with the defensive line. Maybe we will see the blue team be #1 defense and #2 offense and the gold team the #2 defense and the #1 offense. This way the #1 offense and defense square off against each other. I just hoping for no injuries.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Zaire will QB one team and Kizer will head the other team, where does that leave Wimbush? I know Kelly is scared that Zaire or Kizer might transfer, but my concern is that Wimbush transfers.

But while I do think that we now have the depth that we can effectively run two full teams. My concern here is that they might split up the offensive line between the two teams instead of letting the first team guys work as a team like they will in the regular season. Same with the defensive line. Maybe we will see the blue team be #1 defense and #2 offense and the gold team the #2 defense and the #1 offense. This way the #1 offense and defense square off against each other. I just hoping for no injuries.
Its a 2 QB race. Wimbush is better then last year but he isnt up to those 2 QB. Wimbush and Van Gorden you play in the 2nd half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a feeling 1 will leave out of the 3.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Wimbush, as talented and as confident as he is, has to realize that, all things being equal, the guys in the system longer will get the nod. He shouldn't realistically expect to start this year, unless Kizer and Zaire really stink it up. All Kelly needs to do is give him a fair shake. If he's not giving him enough reps with the 1's then I can see him saying he never got a chance to fight for the starting job and be pissed and leave. But he can redshirt and save a year of eligibility, knowing that no matter what, Zaire and/or Kizer will be gone next year (both have 2 years of eligibility left at least, but both will likely not use it at all, esp. if whoever ends up starting has a huge year, expect them to go pro (with a degree in hand).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if either has a good year they will be gone and then the following year it will be a battle between Wimbush and whoever is left.

These Kids need to know they are 1 injury away from playing.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds awesome! Just hoping for no serious injuries as a result... can we have one year where all projected starters etc, come away healthy for week 1? Perty please?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds awesome! Just hoping for no serious injuries as a result... can we have one year where all projected starters etc, come away healthy for week 1? Perty please?
I 2nd that. No major injuries. I just hope ND can finally have a some what healthy year. Haven't had one in like 3 years. The last 3 years ND has lost 21 starters because of injuries.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be recording this game so I won't be on the game thread but will talk about it after I see it.
I got tickets to the Yankee game. Couldn't pass up free tickets.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the Rosters:
Blue Roster:
5 Morgan, Nyles - LB
13 Studstill, Devin - S
14 Crawford, Shaun - CB
14 Kizer, DeShone - QB
15 Holmes, Corey - WR
17 Henry, Nolan - QB
23 Tranquill, Drue - S
24 Coleman, Nick - CB
25 Folston, Tarean - RB
27 Bilal, Asmar - LB
28 Ross, Austin - RB
29 Stepherson, Kevin - WR
34 Bongiovi, Jesse - CB
34 Williams, Dexter - RB
38 Regan, Robert - S
39 Recker, Drew - S
53 Mustipher, Sam - OL
57 Ruhland, Trevor - OL
67 Byrne, Jimmy - OL
69 Plantz, Logan - OL
77 Tiassum, Brandon - DL
86 St. Brown, Equanimeous - WR
89 Matuska, Jacob - TE
90 Rochell, Isaac - DL
93 Hayes, Jay - DL
94 Jones, Jarron - DL
95 Dickerson, Marquis - DL
96 Mokwuah, Pete - DL
99 Tillery, Jerry - DL

Gold Team:

4 VanGorder, Montgomery - QB
8 Zaire, Malik - QB
10 Redfield, Max - S
16 Hunter Jr., Torii - WR
17 Onwualu, James - LB
25 Ball, Brian - CB
26 White, Ashton - CB
27 Finke, Chris - WR
28 *Fertitta, Nicco - S
30 Barajas, Josh - LB
31 Perry, Spencer - S
33 Adams, Josh - RB
36 Luke, Cole - CB
40 Murphy, Kier - LB
49 Ross, Bailey - RB
54 Feist, Lincoln - DL
55 Bonner, Jonathan - DL
56 Nelson, Quenton - OL
58 Taylor, Elijah - DL
60 Montelus, John - DL
62 McGovern, Colin - OL
63 Bush, Sam - OL
64 Kilander, Ryan - DL
68 McGlinchey, Mike - OL
75 Cage, Daniel - DL
80 Smythe, Durham - TE
81 Boykin, Miles – WR

Players Playing Both teams:

8 Sebastian, Avery - S
10 Jones, Alizé - TE
11 Brent, Justin - RB
12 Butler, Devin - CB
12 Wimbush, Brandon - QB
19 Yoon, Justin - K
26 Webster, Austin - WR
29 Kohler, Sam - K
42 Riney, Jeff - K/P
42 Thompson, Jimmy - LB
43 Chereson, John - K
49 Hutson, Brandon - LB
51 Spruell, Devyn - LB
53 Kareem, Khalid - DL
61 Daly, Scott - LS
66 Hoge, Tristen - OL
70 Bivin, Hunter - OL
71 Bars, Alex - OL
75 Harrell, Mark - OL
83 Sheridan, Buster - WR
84 Suttman, Ben - TE
85 Newsome, Tyler - P/K
87 Centlivre, Keenan - WR
97 Dew-Treadway, Micah - DL
98 Trumbetti, Andrew - DL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Gold team to win because of 4 players: Adams,Hunter Jr, McGlinchy and Nelson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Heads up Info: Corey Robinson is thinking about giving up football again due to Concussions.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Heads up Info: Corey Robinson is thinking about giving up football again due to Concussions.
File this under the water is wet news.

I agree. Gold has the advantage because they have the de facto starting left side of the line. Zaire and Hunter too.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't say I blame him. Kid has a bright future outside of football.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game today. Couldn't have asked for a better day for football. Hopefully this damn stadium gets close to finished before the season starts. It's a bitch to move around and through. Some things that stood out to me:

-Cage looks like a beast. IMO, the entire D-line was pushing around the O-line.
-Stepherson looks like he will be a very good receiver. He dropped one right in his hands but made some other nice catches and plays.
-St. Brown looks like a legit threat. Great size (6'4" 215?) and made some nice moves after the catch.
-Hunter made a great one-handed catch on the sideline. He's definitely our receiving leader.
-Our running backs will be a huge asset. I think I'm more excited to see Brent get playing time than any other back, even if he is 4th on the depth chart.
-Having 3 very capable QBs is a great problem to have. IMO, Kizer looked the best, then Wimbush, then Zaire. Zaire was off target quite a bit, even to open receivers.

I didn't watch the linebackers and d-backs too much. Redfield looks fast as shit, but did miss a tackle on Williams' TD run.

Overall, I think our offense will be fine, as long as our receivers become playmakers.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game today. Couldn't have asked for a better day for football. Hopefully this damn stadium gets close to finished before the season starts. It's a bitch to move around and through. Some things that stood out to me:

-Cage looks like a beast. IMO, the entire D-line was pushing around the O-line.
-Stepherson looks like he will be a very good receiver. He dropped one right in his hands but made some other nice catches and plays.
-St. Brown looks like a legit threat. Great size (6'4" 215?) and made some nice moves after the catch.
-Hunter made a great one-handed catch on the sideline. He's definitely our receiving leader.
-Our running backs will be a huge asset. I think I'm more excited to see Brent get playing time than any other back, even if he is 4th on the depth chart.
-Having 3 very capable QBs is a great problem to have. IMO, Kizer looked the best, then Wimbush, then Zaire. Zaire was off target quite a bit, even to open receivers.

I didn't watch the linebackers and d-backs too much. Redfield looks fast as shit, but did miss a tackle on Williams' TD run.

Overall, I think our offense will be fine, as long as our receivers become playmakers.
Welcome back micro. It's been a while! I hope you got plenty of water. I heard they ran out.

Agree defense looked like the stronger unit. Zaire actually had better numbers than Kizer, but Kizer looked smoother out there. Studstill us going to give Redfield a run for his money. But Redfield looked like he was playing his ass off today.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Gold breakdown:
QB: Winner Kizer. Overall Kizer looked like the better QB. He just makes the right read and has so much composure. Has great Demand of the huddle.
I will say this about MZ he makes plays. His escape ability is unreal. Overall I have to give the nod to Kizer. Oh yeah next year both should worry about Wimbush. Kid is going to be a player.
RB- Not much to see here in this game. Williams is fast.
TE- Jones will be the starter.
WR- Miss Fuller Big time. I was a little disappointed at this group. All the talk was they are a great unit. I like what I saw from Hunter but overall not impressed.
Oline: Left side is no joke. Reports were right about this group. Both players should be Top 2 rd picks when their time is up. Impressive. Overall Oline did a good job. This will be a strength for ND.
Dline: Overall not a bad job. Held their own.
LB- Nothing jumped out.
Secondary- Overall looked good to me. Studstill was in on a couple of nice plays.
Yoon- Reports were right he looks like crap. He has plenty of time to fix whats wrong. Right now he looks bad after a impressive freshmen year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Gold breakdown:
QB: Winner Kizer. Overall Kizer looked like the better QB. He just makes the right read and has so much composure. Has great Demand of the huddle.
I will say this about MZ he makes plays. His escape ability is unreal. Overall I have to give the nod to Kizer. Oh yeah next year both should worry about Wimbush. Kid is going to be a player.
RB- Not much to see here in this game. Williams is fast.
TE- Jones will be the starter.
WR- Miss Fuller Big time. I was a little disappointed at this group. All the talk was they are a great unit. I like what I saw from Hunter but overall not impressed.
Oline: Left side is no joke. Reports were right about this group. Both players should be Top 2 rd picks when their time is up. Impressive. Overall Oline did a good job. This will be a strength for ND.
Dline: Overall not a bad job. Held their own.
LB- Nothing jumped out.
Secondary- Overall looked good to me. Studstill was in on a couple of nice plays.
Yoon- Reports were right he looks like crap. He has plenty of time to fix whats wrong. Right now he looks bad after a impressive freshmen year.

I won't say they were tearing it up but Stepherson also looked pretty good minus the one drop, I was also impressed with Studstill from what I saw in the game.