• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blount Cut

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to intro myself. Not a Troll. Grew up in Somerville, MA. Don't hold that against me. Joined the military many years ago. Stationed out here in Seattle. Been observing this board since it opened just never posted before. Also used to observe a lot of you on the ESPN boards while I was deployed.

For league minimum this is a good deal. He's a bruiser and will help in down the stretch. Not sure they'll run much against Det but I hope they give GB all they can handle with a two big back package. :wave::wave:

I don't think they are going to run much against Detroit but Green Bay? Very possible.

I lived and worked in Somerville for many years, although that was a long while ago

It's very different now, very gentrified now.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have Blount behind Gray. When I first heard of the possibility of Blount coming to the Pats I wasn't so sure it was a good idea but after more thought, with winter here already, it's good to have a reliable bruising RB available and having 2 is even better.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio this morning that Belichick met with Blount before he resigned.......Several things were discussed.
1. No more weed..........even if he's suspected, he's gone.
2. Belichick makes the calls as to who does and does not play ...You walk off.......keep walking
3. Total effort every practice, every game......otherwise your career is over.
4. This is your last chance saloon. No one grabbed you off waivers so that pretty much says
your done in the NFL. Make it count.
The Patriots will pay him $260,000 for the remainder of 2014. If he's on the team next year he gets $1.5MM.

Blount basically said he promises to be the best behaved player on the team and will not cause BB any problems or concerns.

Why all the problems in Pittsburgh? The main reason is that Blount had more than $2,000,000 in incentives in his contract with the Steelers and he had absolutely no chance of getting close because Leveon Bell was basically playing the entire game. Blount went to the coach earlier in the season and Tomlin told him not to worry.....Ten games into the season and nothing changed. Last Sunday he was on the sideline and never got get on the field of play. Walked off the field, took a shower, put on his civies and went to team bus and listened to some tunes. Tomlin told him after the team got back to Pittsburgh he was being cut and Blount said ......"from what"? That was it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount basically said he promises to be the best behaved player on the team and will not cause BB any problems or concerns.

We've heard players say this before as well. Granted I don't think BB would allow Blount to do any of this.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to intro myself. Not a Troll. Grew up in Somerville, MA. Don't hold that against me. Joined the military many years ago. Stationed out here in Seattle. Been observing this board since it opened just never posted before. Also used to observe a lot of you on the ESPN boards while I was deployed.

For league minimum this is a good deal. He's a bruiser and will help in down the stretch. Not sure they'll run much against Det but I hope they give GB all they can handle with a two big back package. :wave::wave:

Welcome. We won't hold that against you. I grew up in Randolph, :L

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome. We won't hold that against you. I grew up in Randolph, :L
need not be shamed,.....many people in my town were ex-somer-(villians)..!,....that's why Billerica was once dubbed ''Somerville with trees''.....lol.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need not be shamed,.....many people in my town were ex-somer-(villians)..!,....that's why Billerica was once dubbed ''Somerville with trees''.....lol.

from what I hear Randolph is the new Mattapan. When I was living up there you did not want to drive down Blue Hill Ave any time of the day.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back I caught an awesome Ryan Adams and the Cardinal concert at the Somerville Theatre. That part of town wasn't so bad.

Art Vandelay

Latex Importer/Exporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've heard players say this before as well. Granted I don't think BB would allow Blount to do any of this.

Difference is that Blount has already shown he can be a good player and teammate in New England.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Welcome aboard!

Blunt knows the drill in N.E., he will a good insurance policy due/ in case of injuries.

Moved from Somerville when I was a kid, 14. To say it has come up is no kidding. My folks sold the house in 74 for $25,000.00, now on Zillow worth $948,000.00.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Welcome aboard!

Blunt knows the drill in N.E., he will a good insurance policy due/ in case of injuries.

Moved from Somerville when I was a kid, 14. To say it has come up is no kidding. My folks sold the house in 74 for $25,000.00, now on Zillow worth $948,000.00.

Where on the cape are you from,i grew up in wareham