• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Barnett 2015 QB

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kelly loves tommy rees.

Purguy posted this "great pick up. kelly loves this kid", above is your response, you think Tommy Rees sucks. So what does that say about Barnett. Or maybe Kelly doesn't know what he's doing recruiting a highly sought after recruit at the QB position.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're a fool. i told you i know nothing of barnett.

you've posted nothing here but crap. you apparently think belittling my choice of baseball teams somehow makes you righter or superior. you're not worth any more of my time.

No my point is what right do you have to cast doubt on Kelly's judgement of a player when your own judgement has led you to be a fan of the Chicago White Sox.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer I would say you aren't worth anyone's time.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you have a poor memory. what you say is true today. wasn't true all that long ago when he preferred rees until it finally became obvious to him that he sucked. that's the only reason golson took over. i say he loved tommy. and in a way it's still true he loves tommy because he has him playing as if he were some great passer, practically ignoring his running game until again it FINALLY became obvious to him that maybe tommy costs the team more than he's worth.

Pretty sure I am not the one suffering from memory loss. As was pointed out by others, Rees took over for an injured Dayne Crist in 2010, so he wasn't the starter then. He didn't start in 2011 either, but took over when Crist had a lousy first half agaisnt S. Fla. (which leads me to believe his faith in Crist was razor-thin, having seen him in spring and summer practice). Its pretty obvious he couldn't wait to have Golson ready to play in order to move him up the depth chart.

You can't really point to any time during Rees' tenure that Kelly "preferred" him. He became the starter by default in 3 of his four seasons and was relelgated to backup in the fourth.

Also, its pretty obvious to everyone on this board but you that your comment was clearly meant to suggest that Kelly is a lousy eye for talent, because he "loves Tommy." Again, if Kelly were starting fresh, I think he'd pass on Rees for other available players, but since Rees was already committed, he had little, if anything to do with wanting to bring him to ND to start over other, more touted recruits.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No my point is what right do you have to cast doubt on Kelly's judgement of a player when your own judgement has led you to be a fan of the Chicago White Sox.

you force me to one last post on this.

tell me ... are you a notre dame fan because your 'judgement' led you to it? are you a bosox fan because your 'judgement' led you there? i am simply pointing out your complete ignorance in saying what you did above. i can only assume that you then think all sox fans are losers? and that you're somehow a winner?

beginning to see how stupid your argument is?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I am not the one suffering from memory loss. As was pointed out by others, Rees took over for an injured Dayne Crist in 2010, so he wasn't the starter then. He didn't start in 2011 either, but took over when Crist had a lousy first half agaisnt S. Fla. (which leads me to believe his faith in Crist was razor-thin, having seen him in spring and summer practice). Its pretty obvious he couldn't wait to have Golson ready to play in order to move him up the depth chart.

You can't really point to any time during Rees' tenure that Kelly "preferred" him. He became the starter by default in 3 of his four seasons and was relelgated to backup in the fourth.

Also, its pretty obvious to everyone on this board but you that your comment was clearly meant to suggest that Kelly is a lousy eye for talent, because he "loves Tommy." Again, if Kelly were starting fresh, I think he'd pass on Rees for other available players, but since Rees was already committed, he had little, if anything to do with wanting to bring him to ND to start over other, more touted recruits.

what i DO remember is him playing rees at times when he had other options. yes, crist was replaced because of injury. but he played half a game the next season and lost his job to rees? who does that? you speculate it's because he didn't like crist preseason (then why start him at all?) it's because rees is who he really wanted playing IMO. then rees played without having given hendrix a fair shot. i think hendrix turned to shit because of this fact. after it finally dawned on kelly he had a better option with golson did he give in and and bench rees. i remember well how it went AS it went. you're looking back on it and coming up with reasons it all went down the way it did.

in either case .... even if you are 100% right, you (and others) blew my comment so ridiculously out of proportion it's laughable. i happen to think kelly will sometimes play lesser talented players when he has better on the sidelines. i think maybe most here agree with that. the comment had nothing to do with barnett's talent. i am completely ignorant of the guy at this point.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tell me ... are you a notre dame fan because your 'judgement' led you to it? are you a bosox fan because your 'judgement' led you there? i am simply pointing out your complete ignorance in saying what you did above. i can only assume that you then think all sox fans are losers? and that you're somehow a winner?

This I agree with. I don't understand how being a fan of a loser means bad judgement.

I'm a die hard Cubs fan, I'm sorry if I'm not a fair weather fan. Does this make me ignorant?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with. I don't understand how being a fan of a loser means bad judgement.

I'm a die hard Cubs fan, I'm sorry if I'm not a fair weather fan. Does this make me ignorant?

it's clear that according to poe it makes you a loser.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a way my judgement about sports teams did lead me down that path, plus coupled with geography but there are a lot of Yankees fans in New England. I also never said you were a loser, I said you loved a loser, just like Kelly "loves Tommy Rees." If Kelly should know Rees sucks and play someone else than you as a sports fan should know the White Sox suck and just not like baseball because your other option isn't any better.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I was only joking with not liking baseball, my point is your view on Kelly's ability to pick talent really doesn't mean much when you could have picked any team in baseball and picked the White Sox.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i DO remember is him playing rees at times when he had other options. yes, crist was replaced because of injury. but he played half a game the next season and lost his job to rees? who does that? you speculate it's because he didn't like crist preseason (then why start him at all?) it's because rees is who he really wanted playing IMO. then rees played without having given hendrix a fair shot. i think hendrix turned to shit because of this fact. after it finally dawned on kelly he had a better option with golson did he give in and and bench rees. i remember well how it went AS it went. you're looking back on it and coming up with reasons it all went down the way it did.

in either case .... even if you are 100% right, you (and others) blew my comment so ridiculously out of proportion it's laughable. i happen to think kelly will sometimes play lesser talented players when he has better on the sidelines. i think maybe most here agree with that. the comment had nothing to do with barnett's talent. i am completely ignorant of the guy at this point.

Yeah, it's Kelly's fault Hendrix is terrible. I am sure you've been to all the practices where he apparently never out-performed Rees so as to pass him on the depth chart. This is not an endorsement of Rees but Hendrix did nothing to distinguish himself other than a guy who can run the read option. Even when he was given the chance to replace Rees in the Stanford game in 2011, he underperformed. So I'm still curious as to what you consider "other options".

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's Kelly's fault Hendrix is terrible. I am sure you've been to all the practices where he apparently never out-performed Rees so as to pass him on the depth chart. This is not an endorsement of Rees but Hendrix did nothing to distinguish himself other than a guy who can run the read option. Even when he was given the chance to replace Rees in the Stanford game in 2011, he underperformed. So I'm still curious as to what you consider "other options".

who recruited hendrix?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched one of his games this year (local HS football cable). He's a great athlete. My concern would be that he's a dual threat QB at 6'4" as a Junior in HS. He's bound to grow an inch or two. I don;t care how good you run if youre 6'6" and not a TE (size)you;re gonna take some shots . He's a long strider so he's not quick he's fast which mean he can break runs but some times he's gonna take some vicious hits . I think most dual threat QB's in HS get by on being the best athlete and don't work as much on the passing game as pro style drop back passers. When they get to college if they aren't running successfully they don't have the hours put in to be great at passing. If I were his college coach I'd have him be a A Luck type QB who can escape and give you three or four runs when you need it but if you try the dual thing with this guy I see some great games followed by some bad ones and possibly getting hurt. Notice the san fran QB (49ers) is now having to pass to win games and run sparingly.
Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who recruited hendrix?

If I recall correctly, both Hendrix and Rees committed before Weis was canned and Kelly was hired. Hendrix had cold feet and took an official visit to Florida during the turnover from Weis to Kelly, but never withdrew his verbal.

Still waiting to hear what "other options" Kelly had at his disposal and passed over because he loved Rees so much more. Before you say Crist, I forgot to mention in my prior post re: Crist, he seems like a good guy, much like Tommy, but he couldn't even keep his starting job at Kansas (and Weis recruited him to ND). Not exactly a "better option" for Kelly, but go ahead and try to make an argument to the contrary.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited, lets see if he sticks to his word. We have been down this road before!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly, both Hendrix and Rees committed before Weis was canned and Kelly was hired. Hendrix had cold feet and took an official visit to Florida during the turnover from Weis to Kelly, but never withdrew his verbal.

Still waiting to hear what "other options" Kelly had at his disposal and passed over because he loved Rees so much more. Before you say Crist, I forgot to mention in my prior post re: Crist, he seems like a good guy, much like Tommy, but he couldn't even keep his starting job at Kansas (and Weis recruited him to ND). Not exactly a "better option" for Kelly, but go ahead and try to make an argument to the contrary.

nah. you're making me tired. in my defense i will simply say i think kelly likes rees and once again will point out this wasn't supposed to be some deep meaningful comment. it only meant i am skeptical after some 20 years of futility at notre dame and who kelly likes or doesn't like has precious little to do with success on the field. and i really think this horse died about 15 comments back.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a loser you are to post such a thing. and you had the nerve to point out i was off topic. want to compare penis size too?

Your mind works in mysterious ways.