• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills Fire Greg Roman......But Rob is perfectly safe

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills DVOA on Offense in 2014: 26th
Bills DVOA on Offense in 2015: 9th

Fired off of a 31 point outing

Offense is the problem in Buffalo though!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rush is the problem, and that is in part due to injuries to Lawson, Enempaki and Ragland, along with the suspension for Dareus.

Firing the OC fixes none of that, seems to be a scapegoat move and diversionary tactic. That OC had 2 long TDs last night and over 300 yards of offense against a good D. Now week 1 was a totally different story and was just plain awful vs the Ravens.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anyone could have looked at the work that Roman did with the 49ers and conclude "Hey, we should hire that guy!"

Dude was awful.

I probably say this about 10 times a year:

"Heads might roll often, but they don't roll very far"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rotoworld

Lynn is a Rex Ryan guy from New York, where he previously coached running backs for the Jets. His old title with Buffalo was assistant head coach/running backs. The Bills needed someone to blame for Rex's inability to stop offenses, so they fired Greg Roman and gave Lynn -- Rex's longtime buddy -- his job. All of these guys are going to get fired after the season, if not before it ends.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense... if teams roll up and down the field on your crappy-assed defense, you need an offense to keep up.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's some more:

<h1 class="articleHeadline" id="articleHeadline"> Bills fire Greg Roman, promote Anthony Lynn to OC </h1> - Sports - The Buffalo News

link said:
The Buffalo News learned that team owners Terry and Kim Pegula were upset with the offense's performance last season, despite the team leading the NFL in rushing, and through the Bills' 0-2 start this year.

Among the biggest issues they had with the offense was the fact it ranked 21st the league in fewest third-down conversions last season and that there were communication issues the past two games between the sidelines and quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who was getting plays from Roman slowly via the receiver in his helmet.

The owners expressed their concerns to coach Rex Ryan during a meeting Friday morning, a team source said, and Ryan took action.
So, in addition to all their other problems, the Bills have owners meddling in stuff like this.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's what I get for trying to use a meme generator in a hurry. Here you go, folks...

1aqx7h.jpg

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman is a doush and Rex is a bigger doush.
Didn't Rex say he would be the 1st to leave Buffalo if things went to hell?
That makes Rex a dbag liar.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems suspiciously like Ryan tried to buy himself an additional week or two by getting rid of the interim HC, or at least the one he didn't like as much, instead.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anyone could have looked at the work that Roman did with the 49ers and conclude "Hey, we should hire that guy!"

Dude was awful.
Rex isn't exactly known for his football decision-making skills.

Well, not good ones, anyway...

Last edited:
Reactions: GNG

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rush is the problem, and that is in part due to injuries to Lawson, Enempaki and Ragland, along with the suspension for Dareus.

Firing the OC fixes none of that, seems to be a scapegoat move and diversionary tactic. That OC had 2 long TDs last night and over 300 yards of offense against a good D. Now week 1 was a totally different story and was just plain awful vs the Ravens.

Well the offense had over half its yards on 2 plays, one of which was made by a broken play where Taylor made it happen on his own. They were awful outside of those big shots. No consistency with their drives. No ball control offense, not at all what Rex wants I am sure.

They are currently 30th in first downs per game, 27th in scoring rate, 23rd in yards and points per drive, 35th in RB yards per carry, 28th in 3rd down conversion rate..

So while yes I think Rob and Rex should be gone, so should Roman. 15.5 points a game I don't think saves his job.

And no, Rob is not "perfectly safe" as the title says. I'd say the smart bet is he's out of a job before the season is over and NOT a D coordinator again any time soon.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that's more just a case of bad timing. It would have been classless to pull him out of the picture-taking session to tell him he was fired.

Reminds me of when Marv Levy was hired about 6 games into the season. The team picture for that season has a picture of Marv's head superimposed over Hank Bullough.

Here's some more info:
Rex Ryan reportedly irate about Bills owners meeting with players in private
Apparently the owners held some players-only meetings without Ryan, who not surprisingly didn't like that.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems suspiciously like Ryan tried to buy himself an additional week or two by getting rid of the interim HC, or at least the one he didn't like as much, instead.

That might be the most effective coaching strategy Rex uses all season...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rotoworld

Lynn is a Rex Ryan guy from New York, where he previously coached running backs for the Jets. His old title with Buffalo was assistant head coach/running backs. The Bills needed someone to blame for Rex's inability to stop offenses, so they fired Greg Roman and gave Lynn -- Rex's longtime buddy -- his job. All of these guys are going to get fired after the season, if not before it ends.

...and Rex said this weekend that he wants Lynn to improve the passing game. That's right, get the running back coach elevated to OC to improve the passing game. BRILLIANT!

What's next? Move the DBs coach to improve the O-Line play?