• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest choke in this tourney so far..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny how everyone jumps on Iowa's ass for the season they had at the end of the season. Did anyone notice the monumental collapse that Ohio St had? They even had senior leadership that supposedly would keep the team from avoiding the collapse they experienced.

Collapse??

The facts were they had no offense, very good defense. They had a sof non-conference schedule, which they usually don't. They had a rough stretch losing 4 in a row, bc they couldn't generate any offense. But if you think they collapsed in that game you are very mistaken. They didn't play well but fought to the end. NC St collapsed.

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is funny how either team's season ended.
ty
Iowa finished the season 1-7 with their only win over the Big 10's last placed team in Purdue.

Ohio State finished the season 6-4 with wins over tournament teams in Michigan State and Nebraska.

The reality is that Ohio State just wasn't as good as their 15-0 start. Obviously neither was Iowa and their 15-3 start.

They both shit the bed, but the bed shitting of Iowa was much shittier than the bed shitting of Ohio State.

I commend your research, well done!! I was talking more along the lines of they were #3 in the nation before the loss to Iowa. I will say I think it was better to lose to Tennessee who will most likely be a sweet 16. Dayton on the other hand will lose against Syracuse.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse is a horrible matchup for Dayton. They have size, length, rebound well. I say it over and over, it isn't about how hot a team is or how good they are in the season, it helps. It is about matchups, that Cuse zone gives a lot of problems to teams that don't see it.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game itself between Gonzaga-Oklahoma State.

From 2 minutes to 14 seconds

Oklahoma State had 7 fouls. Gonzaga had 5 fouls.

12 fouls combined in 1:46

Entire game

Oklahoma State had 33 fouls, Gonzaga had 28

61 total fouls.

Last edited by a moderator:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

yuuuuuuup

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about the billion dollar challenge on CNBC yesterday and mentioned 86% had tOSUx winning. I guess you could call that an upset - but "choke" ain't outta' the question.

What percentage had Duke advancing past Mercer?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commend your research, well done!! I was talking more along the lines of they were #3 in the nation before the loss to Iowa. I will say I think it was better to lose to Tennessee who will most likely be a sweet 16. Dayton on the other hand will lose against Syracuse.

they were #3 in the nation because their nonconference schedule was god-awful, as Shane has already pointed out. (and it's usually good, so you can't knock Thad Matta he doesn't avoid tough games at all, they had some bad luck this year with stuff like Marquette being unexpectedly bad) If you actually had seen them play during that 15-0 stretch you would have known, without a doubt, that they were far worse than that record indicated. To be honest they were a better team at the end of the season than they were during that 15-0 stretch, so that alone can give you an idea as to how poor their NCSOS was.

At one point they were ranked ahead of us (we were both undefeated) and I was furious about it because I had seen about 4 OSU games and all of the Arizona games, and only someone who had watched neither team could have voted for OSU to be ahead of UA)

The only reason I had OSU advancing in my bracket is the fact that Thad Matta is a hell of a coach and always wins in March (4 straight sweet 16's until this year, i think). I knew they were pretty bad but thought their defense could potentially carry them past Syracuse, as silly as that sounds now