• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big payday for playing Bama

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Don Nehlen, I don't agree with him here.

Had WVU won that game, no telling how the rest of the season would have unfolded.

A team talented enough to go undefeated, had no business losing to Mizzou in its bowl game. Right coach?

So NOW, BB knows football better than a HOF coach, a multiple coach af the year winner :laugh3::lame:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let DAD read that.

BB, I think things like that are great, give your stadium some character, new Mountaineer field could use something to set it apart. The last stadium update I thought sucked, took seats OUT to get more cash from corporate big wigs at the expense of average fans.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we need to go back to the Big East or AAC or whatever it is called now. We need not play Bama. To quote Dad, "they are going to hurt our boys" I guess we should back down and except we don't belong with the big boys. Lets play Marshal, Cinci, UConn, ect. they won't beat us up. Plese Luck get them out of this game before they get beat up. I bet we could win the conference championship every year in the AAC. I think the travel would be easier to. Only 2 teams in FL, 1 team in OK instead of 2 1 team in LA. and only 1 team in Texas. Hell with that 2 million a year TV contract we would be saving all sorts of money................... Damn that luck had to put us on this Island that 27 million a year looks like shit now compared to where we could be in the AAC. ...........It is a wonder that OK didn't kill our players, the way they man handled that far superior Alabama team....... Fuck I sound stupid typing this shit.

What a load of shit, WVU has historically done VERY poorly against great teams in the beginning of the season, with that one exception in 1982. WVU has done a lot better by starting with week opponents and working up to the better teams. And like it or not, that first game sets the tone for the season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we need to go back to the Big East or AAC or whatever it is called now. We need not play Bama. To quote Dad, "they are going to hurt our boys" I guess we should back down and except we don't belong with the big boys. Lets play Marshal, Cinci, UConn, ect. they won't beat us up. Plese Luck get them out of this game before they get beat up. I bet we could win the conference championship every year in the AAC. I think the travel would be easier to. Only 2 teams in FL, 1 team in OK instead of 2 1 team in LA. and only 1 team in Texas. Hell with that 2 million a year TV contract we would be saving all sorts of money................... Damn that luck had to put us on this Island that 27 million a year looks like shit now compared to where we could be in the AAC. ...........It is a wonder that OK didn't kill our players, the way they man handled that far superior Alabama team....... Fuck I sound stupid typing this shit.

If you are going to put something in quotation marks, and credit someone with the quote, at least make sure it really was said....................................................

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to put something in quotation marks, and credit someone with the quote, at least make sure it really was said....................................................

That is exactly what you said on another post.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK i miss quoted you a little your exact words were

You fit it well, BB, we will see next year how well you wear that tag after a 1-3 start, Alabama is going to hurt our kids, just like 1987 when we played Ohio St early in the season and so many kids got hurt that we lost the next two games that should have been wins. One thing I like to see is that next years schedule has the travel spread better.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the almighty Alabama should not be played by us. We are to weak to play a powerhouse like Alabama........

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put "boys" instead of "kids" sorry but you said it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK… so, DAD you mentioned Nebraska in this post… right?

You must not have read Nehlen's book.......... Both teams, 1994 and 1998 were mentally and physically beat down by playing Nebraska and OSU, and it cost them through the season. Why can you not read what is written, rather than just jump??????

Is your reading comprehension REALLY that poor,

I think my reading comprehension is just fine. What do you think?

Too funny….

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the almighty Alabama should not be played by us. We are to weak to play a powerhouse like Alabama........

Mike, right now, I think WVU is not even close to being ready to play Alabama. WVU has regressed each of the last three years, we beat William and Mary by 7 points last year, went 4-8, lost our last two games to two of the worst teams out there, being soundly outplayed and outcoached in both games. I have seen nothing from this coach to make me think he can do anything more than catch someone off guard now and then. I hope that this game is more like the 1982 OU game than like the start of 1978, 1987, 1991, 1994, 1998, 2003. I will be watching and cheering for the Mounties, but coming off three of the five worst defensive seasons in school history, I see little cause for optimism.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK… so, DAD you mentioned Nebraska in this post… right?

I think my reading comprehension is just fine. What do you think?

Too funny….

YOU brought up Nebraska, BB, saying what a good season 1994 was after the huge loss to Nebraska, I answered YOUR post. WOW

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU brought up Nebraska, BB, saying what a good season 1994 was after the huge loss to Nebraska, I answered YOUR post. WOW

DAD, you are losing it…

This was the first post of yours I responded to…

Five years ago, playing 'Bama would have excited me, I would see a chance to yet again prove the ESPN talking heads wrong. NOW this game scares me, a lopsided loss on a national stage would set us back, plus taking a beating both mentally and physically, could mean disaster for many games to come.

I responded with this…

Looks like DAD has forgotten that WVU opened up the '94 season playing Nebraska in Giants Stadium getting their ass whipped by one of the best teams of the 90's... and, that season's NC.

WVU went on to have a pretty good season... playing in a bowl game against USCe.

More stupid bullshit from DAD...

YOU are the one that brought the OSU game into the conversation. NOT ME! Here was your RANDOM reference…

Looks like BB has forgotten what Nehlen said was one of his better teams going into the season, a team that he said would have competed for the "title", yet finished 8-4, because they started out playing OSU and taking a physical thumpin. By the way, when did 7-6 become a good season, I thought 9-4 was pure failure.

So, you bring up a game that wasn't part of my discussion… you go on to criticize a pretty good '94 season… contradicting a HOF coach… and, you bring up a reference to your man love's record. WOW!!!!

The OSU game was not even the same kind of contest. It was not a kick-off classic on a neutral field like the Nebraska game I cited… and the BAMA game this fall. You were way off target…

I thought it was bizarre when you first brought it up. But, I went with it and responded to the stupidity of your disaster reference. WVU went on to demolish its next 4 opponents… which does make Coach Nehlen's comments about his '98 team look a little suspicious to me, and makes your disaster comment look like a joke.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how some give nehlan a pass for having injuries, even going as far as excusing late season losses on a first game beat down...but can't admit DH has been handcuffed the last two seasons by injuries and depth issues while also having to go through the process of taking this team into a way more competitive conference than what we have been playing. Same story different day for some.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 wins was a great season for Nehlan since he won 7 or less 12 out Of the 20 years he was here. Some of those years we even opened up with cupcakes...lol

Now that I think about it two of Nehlens best years were opening up with those teams that gave us ass whippings...maybe he should have done that more often.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 wins was a great season for Nehlan since he won 7 or less 12 out Of the 20 years he was here. Some of those years we even opened up with cupcakes...lol

Now that I think about it two of Nehlens best years were opening up with those teams that gave us ass whippings...maybe he should have done that more often.

:wtf2::wtf2:, REALLY? Oh, I guess NOW 7 wins is a good season, since you guys have to justify your boys record.........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how some give nehlan a pass for having injuries, even going as far as excusing late season losses on a first game beat down...but can't admit DH has been handcuffed the last two seasons by injuries and depth issues while also having to go through the process of taking this team into a way more competitive conference than what we have been playing. Same story different day for some.

Some even say that a loss at Colorado was a low point in the program, reason to fire a coach, BUT make excuses for losses to IAST and Kansas:laugh3::lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2::wtf2:, REALLY? Oh, I guess NOW 7 wins is a good season, since you guys have to justify your boys record.........

He is your boy too! Unless you are no longer a WVU fan.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Obama's policies and where he is trying to lead our nation, does that make me unAmerican?