• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big payday for playing Bama

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is also being reported that WVU has been contacted about a game in Charlottte and a game in Nashville.

I think it is 2016 that we have the matchup with BYU in DC, I can't remember if that fell victim to the conference move or not.

Disregard, I quit reading the article because i thought it was done at a advertisement. BYU game is still on.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has done so much to help generate revenue and keep WVU relevant.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has done so much to help generate revenue and keep WVU relevant.

Personally, I would take 9-4 and less cash flow over 4-8 and piles of cash..........WVU has turned into Coastal Carolina, going to take an ass whipping for cash.........Under our previous administration we had home and home games set up with SEC teams, ACC teams, B11 teams, only to now be going to the highest bidder...yea, yay Luck.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the thread was supposed to read big payday playing for Alabama. Now that would make more sense now wouldn't it.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five years ago, playing 'Bama would have excited me, I would see a chance to yet again prove the ESPN talking heads wrong. NOW this game scares me, a lopsided loss on a national stage would set us back, plus taking a beating both mentally and physically, could mean disaster for many games to come.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like DAD has forgotten that WVU opened up the '94 season playing Nebraska in Giants Stadium getting their ass whipped by one of the best teams of the 90's... and, that season's NC.

WVU went on to have a pretty good season... playing in a bowl game against USCe.

More stupid bullshit from DAD...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five years ago, playing 'Bama would have excited me, I would see a chance to yet again prove the ESPN talking heads wrong. NOW this game scares me, a lopsided loss on a national stage would set us back, plus taking a beating both mentally and physically, could mean disaster for many games to come.

I seriously doubt a loss to Alabama would have any negative impact on your program. It's a game you are expected to lose from the start, so it's not going to be a big deal at all if that happens.

If you were expected to win and then suffered a lopsided loss, that would be a different story.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like DAD has forgotten that WVU opened up the '94 season playing Nebraska in Giants Stadium getting their ass whipped by one of the best teams of the 90's... and, that season's NC.

WVU went on to have a pretty good season... playing in a bowl game against USCe.

More stupid bullshit from DAD...

Looks like BB has forgotten what Nehlen said was one of his better teams going into the season, a team that he said would have competed for the "title", yet finished 8-4, because they started out playing OSU and taking a physical thumpin. By the way, when did 7-6 become a good season, I thought 9-4 was pure failure.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt a loss to Alabama would have any negative impact on your program. It's a game you are expected to lose from the start, so it's not going to be a big deal at all if that happens.

If you were expected to win and then suffered a lopsided loss, that would be a different story.

Agree, this is a win/win for us. No pressure and big payday on national tv. Win and ride the momentum who knows how far, lose and... Gear up for game 2 :noidea:.Should be an awesome weekend in Atlanta with the Hall of fame cranking up along with the game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like BB has forgotten what Nehlen said was one of his better teams going into the season, a team that he said would have competed for the "title", yet finished 8-4, because they started out playing OSU and taking a physical thumpin. By the way, when did 7-6 become a good season, I thought 9-4 was pure failure.

It is when you get beat by PITT, Colorado, Cinncy USF, EAST CAROLINA and Syracuse as part of your losses !!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2:

A team that would have competed for the title? But, they couldn't beat tOSU on their home field?

OK DAD!

7-6 has to be considered a pretty good season when you play 3 year-end ranked teams, 5 teams that were ranked through the season, and you lose a large senior class that contributed to WVU's second undefeated regular season it is history.

And… oh yeah… don't forget…

NOW this game scares me, a lopsided loss on a national stage would set us back, plus taking a beating both mentally and physically, could mean disaster for many games to come.

The poor fellas on that '94 team had to overcome disaster… :lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is when you get beat by PITT, Colorado, Cinncy USF, EAST CAROLINA and Syracuse as part of your losses !!

Ain't that the truth!!! :10:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, the losses to Syracuse (twice, BOTH ass whippins) , KANSAS!!!!!!, IAST, Maryland (another ass kickin), were MUCH better. That 7 point win against William and Mary was a great deal too........ Cincy was a top 10 team at the time........... and Fraud seamed to have trouble with USF too.

Last edited by a moderator:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A team that would have competed for the title? But, they couldn't beat tOSU on their home field?

OK DAD!

7-6 has to be considered a pretty good season when you play 3 year-end ranked teams, 5 teams that were ranked through the season, and you lose a large senior class that contributed to WVU's second undefeated regular season it is history.

You must not have read Nehlen's book.......... Both teams, 1994 and 1998 were mentally and physically beat down by playing Nebraska and OSU, and it cost them through the season. Why can you not read what is written, rather than just jump??????

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK DAD!

Look at the next three games in 1994, BB, that "good" season, a two point win against Ball ST, a loss to Rutgers!!!!!!, and a loss to Maryland, THEN an ass kicking by VPI, it took a month to get back on track.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have read Nehlen's book.......... Both teams, 1994 and 1998 were mentally and physically beat down by playing Nebraska and OSU, and it cost them through the season. Why can you not read what is written, rather than just jump??????

I have Nehlen's book in my den. I do not see any reference to either game in his book.

What have I not read????????

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the next three games in 1994, BB, that "good" season, a two point win against Ball ST, a loss to Rutgers!!!!!!, and a loss to Maryland, THEN an ass kicking by VPI, it took a month to get back on track.

I referred to the '94 season as a pretty good season. They went 7-5 in the regular season playing 3 year-end ranked teams. They had a first time starter as their QB, a Soph. Chad Johnston. Tons of other inexperienced kids getting their first action.

You cannot say the team's rocky start was due to getting pummeled by NU. With such an inexperienced team, the exact same start may have happened regardless. They finished strong, how do you think that happened?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Nehlen's book in my den. I do not see any reference to either game in his book.

What have I not read????????

You have the book in your den but it is obvious you only read the Cliff Notes.:whistle:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the new arguement is we can only have good seasons by playing crap teams in the first game? I guess DH and Ollie should be fired for this? :deadhorse: Always want to look at the negative in any situation....it is the first game...if we lose it does not mean we are going to have a terrible year, just like if we win it does not mean we are going to win the NC!!!

Please how does Nehlans opinion of his teams from the early 90's have anything to do with upcoming season or team? Maybe Nehlan didn't know his team that well, maybe the were not conditioned they way they should have been because everyone thought they would be so good...either way it really don't mean sh$t!!!!