• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG NEBRASKA GAME!

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gents; via the thread title... All our games are BIG.

Everyone gets up to play us and always have. No disrespect Wisconsin fans but this is the norm for Husker games.

This game in a nut shell;

Wisconsin looks to be the Big Ten power this year as well as late last year. Should have won their bowl game last year too... most likely an aberration.

Big strong kids where they need them, solid techniques all around and add Russell Wilson to the mix and you have a potential NC contender.

Yep, hear all the stories about SEC Speed kills... and we heard that before too (1996 Fiesta Bowl) we went down and played Florida with Heisman winner Danny Wuerffel for NCG and people projected Gators to win by 30. Final score 62-24 Huskers...

Back to topic... We have won our 4 games but have not looked very sharp in doing so. Wisconsin has done exactly what people expected them to do in their 4 wins and looked solid doing it.

If what we have seen so far proves to be who these teams really are, Wisconsin wins the first (official Husker/Badger) Big Ten game by 14+ points.

I cannot sit here and say we will be a different team than in our previous games and our "D" does not appear to be anywhere near what we were a year ago or before. Our "O" has improved some but to the point to keep up with Wisconsin is questionable.

What does this all mean, "On paper it looks to be a game where Wisconsin has the upper hand and should win comfortably?"

Thank god the game is played on the field and I hope my Huskers are better than they have shown....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. It all has to go to the field. Any kid can wake up and become a star at any time, that's the best part of college football. We'll see how this shakes out.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll Cosign, BRS. And yeah, it is a damn good thing the game is played on the field.

Like 1217 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25000 black dresses huskers fans will embarrass the wisky folk in camp randall

This is as stupid as when WYSW was all over ESPN claiming the Rose Bowl was going to be 80% Badger fans.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25000 black dresses huskers fans will embarrass the wisky folk in camp randall

To quote one MC Hammer, "Break it down!"

:rofl:

No. I see the Huskers having between 8 and 12k folks at the stadium. You got a 3k allotment, so that's guaranteed. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 5k+ in. 25k is freaking ridiculous. The Wisconsin student section is 12500, so that would mean you guys would get 22k of the remaining approximately 65k seats. There is NO WAY you are going to get a third of the up for grabs tickets in our stadium. This isn't Nebraska@ScrubsU, where nobody cares about the local team. And it's the biggest home game of the year for us, so you know all the Badger fans will be clawing for tickets too. You guys can have your parity or maybe even outnumber us in Indianapolis; Madison belongs to the Badgers.

black dresses

Oh, autocorrect, you giveth and you taketh away.

huskers fans will embarrass the wisky folk in camp randall

Yeah, you'll embarrass us by not being able to hold down more than two beers. :peace:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vadered there will be more than 12k in ye alls stadium, so just get used to that idea in your head.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my...........lol.

It will take the Big 10 folks a little while to get used to our psycho traveling fanbase.

We once played a game in Tokyo, Japan where we had 10,000 fans in attendance.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont have to be UScrub to sell out

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what school it is............they're always going to sell out to Nebraska fans. We will always find a way to fill at least 1/4 of your stadium.

That ND game ^, people were paying $1,000 for a ticket.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what school it is............they're always going to sell out to Nebraska fans. We will always find a way to fill at least 1/4 of your stadium.

That ND game ^, people were paying $1,000 for a ticket.

Nebraska fans have always traveled well and now that we're in the B1G you can bet they will want to see all of these stadiums especially The Big House and The Horseshoe.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my...........lol.

It will take the Big 10 folks a little while to get used to our psycho traveling fanbase.

We once played a game in Tokyo, Japan where we had 10,000 fans in attendance.

The one against Kansas State, right? Considering that that game seated 50,000, I'd say you were outnumbered. :peace:
Also, the next year the Badgers played the Spartans in Japan (same stadium, in fact), though I can't find any attendance numbers at all for it.

Look, I know you travel really well, and I'm sure you guys are going nuts looking for tickets. But so do we, and so are we. And you aren't the number one team playing a Notre Dame team that went 5-7 the year before. Maybe you are all correct and you get 18k. I have a hard time imagining it, but either way we'll still have a massive home field advantage. And I'd give the Badgers a slight edge even at a neutral-site game.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 121 sets of tickets available right now on Ebay...........can expect many more to become available in the next 2 days as well.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 121 sets of tickets available right now on Ebay...........can expect many more to become available in the next 2 days as well.

ummm JJM

ehhem....

______

Advantage Wisc.... in fans to be in attendance at game... :wacko:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one against Kansas State, right? Considering that that game seated 50,000, I'd say you were outnumbered. :peace:
Also, the next year the Badgers played the Spartans in Japan (same stadium, in fact), though I can't find any attendance numbers at all for it.

Look, I know you travel really well, and I'm sure you guys are going nuts looking for tickets. But so do we, and so are we. And you aren't the number one team playing a Notre Dame team that went 5-7 the year before. Maybe you are all correct and you get 18k. I have a hard time imagining it, but either way we'll still have a massive home field advantage. And I'd give the Badgers a slight edge even at a neutral-site game.

We arent trying to take anything away from Wisconsin, hope thats not how you are takin this. Just stating a fact that it doesnt matter if you are IUPUI or Florida, we will get tickets and we will travel.

I dont think any Husker fan doubts your fanbases loyalty. But when it comes down to nut cuttin time a Badger fan that has been to Camp Randall umpteen times will prolly sell his ticket for a sizable profit. It happens.

Good Luck on Saturday

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys aren't going to get tickets if no one is selling. I can say from personal experience that I am stunned by the lack of tickets that are being sold on campus. Last year, I know a lot of people who sold their Ohio State ticket for $175-$250 and wound up feeling like fools when the rest of us talk about how much fun we had at the game and storming the field. I think there is a general perception among Badger fans that you HAVE to be at this game, so I really doubt 18,000 tickets will be sold, even if all of the sold tickets wind up in Nebraska fans' hands.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys aren't going to get tickets if no one is selling. I can say from personal experience that I am stunned by the lack of tickets that are being sold on campus. Last year, I know a lot of people who sold their Ohio State ticket for $175-$250 and wound up feeling like fools when the rest of us talk about how much fun we had at the game and storming the field. I think there is a general perception among Badger fans that you HAVE to be at this game, so I really doubt 18,000 tickets will be sold, even if all of the sold tickets wind up in Nebraska fans' hands.

Well, they only need to get 15k tickets to hit 18k, since they do have a 3k allotment. And I wouldn't be surprised to see 20k total tickets resold, since people have reasons they can't go, some folks just buy the tickets specifically to resell them, and yes, some people will see the opportunity for cash and run with it. That said, I don't know that the Huskers get 75% of the resells. Even if they do, I really doubt they get the right mix of resells to really take over a large part of the stadium. And after last year's Ohio State game, anyone who sold that ticket last year assuming we'd lose has to be taking a loooong look at whether it was worth it.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put all the nebraska fans in O section...

"O SUCKS THE REF! O SUCKS THE REF! O SUCKS THE REF! O SUCKS THE REF!"

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The student section is actually about 20,000, isn't it?

And anyway. I will claim nothing about gameday. I've heard a lot of Wisconsin fans talking about how they want to help the Husker fans out. I guess they don't realize that everybody does......