• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Conference Championship Game

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Conference is allowed a CCG it might not happen in '16
Rule change allows Big 12 to hold title game

"I appreciate that what was acted upon today takes into account our unique 10-team, full round-robin scheduling model. However, this vote does not automatically mean the Big 12 will implement a football championship game."

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him, the lack of a CCG is not the issue, I actually think it would hurt more than help with the round robin schedule, the CCG would be a rematch, so if the team that won in the season won again, they have gained nothing, if the upset happens then Ohio State will be sitting there waiting to back into yet another CFP spot......IMO, the lack of 12 teams is the real issue, and NEEDS to be addressed SOON, or else the B12 will be picked apart by the other leagues.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to XM this morning and they brought up OU being unhappy and a possible move to the BIG TEN with WVU in tow.... These yahoos must read the hoop, I mentioned that months ago....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing both sides on this issue, and I have conflicting thoughts about it.

On one hand, I love the round robin. I love the fact that every team in the conference will be in Morgantown every other year. I love that my Mounties will face every team every year. I also understand this set up makes it more difficult for WVU to win than if it were in any other conference in college football.

The Big 12 proved this year you don't need a 13th data point to get its champion into the CFP. OU was able to earn its spot despite a bad loss to Texas. The conference really doesn't need a CCG.

I don't want to see a CCG with 10 teams that have already played each other. Talk about making the regular season results meaningless. I thought it sucked when Zona had to beat Oregon for a 2nd time last year. While I think a rematch of OU and Okie St this year would have had similar results in a rematch... this would not have always been the case. Last year, I think TCU beats BU in a rematch of the top 2 teams. Not fair...

Adding 2-4 teams would seem the only answer if the presidents want a CCG in the future. This would make the regular season much easier for WVU. WVU would improve its W/L record... and WVU fans would be excited about how much the program was improving. But, I would be stuck seeing KU and ISU every year... and not OU and Texas. While ISU has become our most intense rival... I still enjoy seeing those other two blue bloods in Morgantown every 2 years.

We'll see what happens...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to XM this morning and they brought up OU being unhappy and a possible move to the BIG TEN with WVU in tow.... These yahoos must read the hoop, I mentioned that months ago....

Wv is not an AAU school...it would never be invited.......

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing both sides on this issue, and I have conflicting thoughts about it.

On one hand, I love the round robin. I love the fact that every team in the conference will be in Morgantown every other year. I love that my Mounties will face every team every year. I also understand this set up makes it more difficult for WVU to win than if it were in any other conference in college football.

The Big 12 proved this year you don't need a 13th data point to get its champion into the CFP. OU was able to earn its spot despite a bad loss to Texas. The conference really doesn't need a CCG.

I don't want to see a CCG with 10 teams that have already played each other. Talk about making the regular season results meaningless. I thought it sucked when Zona had to beat Oregon for a 2nd time last year. While I think a rematch of OU and Okie St this year would have had similar results in a rematch... this would not have always been the case. Last year, I think TCU beats BU in a rematch of the top 2 teams. Not fair...

Adding 2-4 teams would seem the only answer if the presidents want a CCG in the future. This would make the regular season much easier for WVU. WVU would improve its W/L record... and WVU fans would be excited about how much the program was improving. But, I would be stuck seeing KU and ISU every year... and not OU and Texas. While ISU has become our most intense rival... I still enjoy seeing those other two blue bloods in Morgantown every 2 years.

We'll see what happens...

I think it will all be predicated on the next round of TV deals..based on the fact that ESPN is losing subscriptions the revenues per conference may shrink..but if it doesn't somehow and the network says it will pay increase payouts per program if the do add teams then I would think the Big12 expands...they need a revenue guarantee before they even consider it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will all be predicated on the next round of TV deals..based on the fact that ESPN is losing subscriptions the revenues per conference may shrink..but if it doesn't somehow and the network says it will pay increase payouts per program if the do add teams then I would think the Big12 expands...they need a revenue guarantee before they even consider it.

I will have to look this up... but, no... the conference current contract will be increased by adding teams. No team will receive a cut in the pot by addition.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the article mentions, addition would not cost the teams money... they'd likely break even.

What OU's president wants... is to get rid of the LHN and get a Big 12 Network. This would add money to the conference too.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wv is not an AAU school...it would never be invited.......
That's my initial reaction too but.. Neither is OU but I think they might bend that rule a bit for that brand, maybe bend it for 2 good brands for their BIG network:noidea:?
I admit it's a long shot but... Be an easy move for their east/west divisions.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the article mentions, addition would not cost the teams money... they'd likely break even.

What OU's president wants... is to get rid of the LHN and get a Big 12 Network. This would add money to the conference too.

The figures I've seen would have WVU,OU, Texas and Kansas LOSING money with a Big12 network compared to our current T3 deals. Maybe he has some bigger fish than the schools that always get mentioned in mind that would change that

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The figures I've seen would have WVU,OU, Texas and Kansas LOSING money with a Big12 network compared to our current T3 deals. Maybe he has some bigger fish than the schools that always get mentioned in mind that would change that

I haven't seen any numbers. The Pac 12 Network has failed to achieve the monetary success of the B1G and SEC networks as it used a different model.

David Boren would like to end The Longhorn Network

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU in the B1G?? I want some of what those guys are smoking.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be good for WVU to see OU leave. WVU can't seem to beat them. It would be the same as when Miami left the BE. Make it easier for WVU to rack up those wins...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be good for WVU to see OU leave. WVU can't seem to beat them. It would be the same as when Miami left the BE. Make it easier for WVU to rack up those wins...
Big East 2.0. Then we can pretend how great we are.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that Presidents like Boren and Gee would favor a Big 12 Network when it would result in less money to their respective school.

Does that seem confusing to anyone else?