• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 BOMBSHELL

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:

Lt. Gov David Dewhurst is posturing and won't do jack shit.

Ask ANY lawyer...go ahead.

It really doesn't matter if he does anything or not. The THREAT of it may cause the SEC to pass on Aggie, and if that happens, they will NEVER live this one down. I'll have jokes for life.......

Like I said, this gets more entertaining every day

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It really doesn't matter if he does anything or not. The THREAT of it may cause the SEC to pass on Aggie, and if that happens, they will NEVER live this one down. I'll have jokes for life.......

Like I said, this gets more entertaining every day

Because the SEC doesn't have top-flight lawyers or anything like that, right?

No one gives a shit about Texas, or their idle threats to sue. The public backlash from the majority of Americans who could give two shits about college football will be enough to prevent any legal action. It would be a retarded waste of tax-payer dollars.

Texas: My fellah Amerahcans, we need tah ralleh aganst theyus apprehsive force know as tah S-EH-CEH, because they have ruined our preciuhs Baylors' confrunce.

America: WTF is Baylor, and who gives a shit about them anyway?

That's pretty much how that's going to go down in the national media.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It amazes me how the UT's hate towards the Aggie extends beyond their self preservation. If these clowns that want to sue didn’t have support coming out of Austin this threat wouldn’t even be in discussion. In the end the threat will not keep the Aggie from being in SEC.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how the UT's hate towards the Aggie extends beyond their self preservation. If these clowns that want to sue didn’t have support coming out of Austin this threat wouldn’t even be in discussion. In the end the threat will not keep the Aggie from being in SEC.

Stop being a moron. There is no hate here......this is all LAUGHABLE

UT isn't suing anybody, the STATE LEGISLATURE is.

It amazes me why you idiots think UT controls everything from the gov't, to every other AD in the conference, to the weather, to the fate of the universe.......

Here's a newsflash - as a Texas fan, I DON'T CARE what happens. UT is going to end up in a great position no matter what happens.

I think it's absolutely hysterical that Aggie may end up screwng themselves because they don't have the leadership to improve their program where they are.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the SEC doesn't have top-flight lawyers or anything like that, right?

No one gives a shit about Texas, or their idle threats to sue. The public backlash from the majority of Americans who could give two shits about college football will be enough to prevent any legal action. It would be a retarded waste of tax-payer dollars.

Texas: My fellah Amerahcans, we need tah ralleh aganst theyus apprehsive force know as tah S-EH-CEH, because they have ruined our preciuhs Baylors' confrunce.

America: WTF is Baylor, and who gives a shit about them anyway?

That's pretty much how that's going to go down in the national media.

Non of that matters if the SEC has no interest in getting involved. Just because they HAVE lawyers doesn't mean they want to get them engaged in this. The SEC doesn't need Aggie, Aggie needs the SEC. They are under no compulsion to deal with this at all.

They've already told Aggie to make sure they have their ducks in a row first. They may just pass and tell them to deal with it themselves.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stop being a moron. There is no hate here......this is all LAUGHABLE
UT isn't suing anybody, the STATE LEGISLATURE is.

It amazes me why you idiots think UT controls everything from the gov't, to every other AD in the conference, to the weather, to the fate of the universe.......

Here's a newsflash - as a Texas fan, I DON'T CARE what happens. UT is going to end up in a great position no matter what happens.

I think it's absolutely hysterical that Aggie may end up screwng themselves because they don't have the leadership to improve their program where they are.

You keep telling yourself that and we'll keep concluding you're stupid. Now get your ass hooked up to our wagon so we can fix the mess you put us all in.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep telling yourself that and we'll keep concluding you're stupid. Now get your ass hooked up to our wagon so we can fix the mess you put us all in.

I'm not the one saying that, YOU are.....Mr. "there is no lawsuit if Texas isn't behind it"

EVERYTIME something happens, idiots like you post that somehow UT is behind it, with nothing to back up that but your opinion.

A&M left of their own volition, NOBODY forced them out. They were informed of the LHN 4 freaking years ago, and was given the opportunity to split it with Texas - they turned it down. Every problem they have is their own fault.

So do us both a favor and stop blaming Texas because little brother sucks.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm on the phone with Dodds as we speak.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will be done. Politicians should stick to politics.

Well, nothing SHOULD be done, but I don't put it past these idiots to try to screw this up for both Texas and A&M

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not the one saying that, YOU are.....Mr. "there is no lawsuit if Texas isn't behind it"

EVERYTIME something happens, idiots like you post that somehow UT is behind it, with nothing to back up that but your opinion.

A&M left of their own volition, NOBODY forced them out. They were informed of the LHN 4 freaking years ago, and was given the opportunity to split it with Texas - they turned it down. Every problem they have is their own fault.

So do us both a favor and stop blaming Texas because little brother sucks.

But you didn’t disclose the HS content when you seeked conference approval. And don’t tell me it was an out front issue because you've never been able to back that up, why do you think the whole leagued balked about it at the same time? It was more shenanigans on your part and you freaking know it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you didn’t disclose the HS content when you seeked conference approval. And don’t tell me it was an out front issue because you've never been able to back that up, why do you think the whole leagued balked about it at the same time? It was more shenanigans on your part and you freaking know it.

HS content is a NCAA issue, and it was voted down - is there a point to this?

Once again - NOBODY forced Aggie to leave. Funny that Kansas Freaking STATE went out and got their own network - they didn't go cry whine and run away like Aggie.

You have a legit point to discuss here, or is that Texas' fault too?

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletic Dept Profit

Penn State Univ. $26,354,087.00
Univ. of Michigan $24,549,181.00
Michigan State Univ. $18,477,200.00
Ohio State Univ. $18,239,971.00
Univ. of Iowa $14,299,406.00
Indiana Univ. $7,022,613.00
Univ. of Wisconsin $3,779,582.00
Purdue Univ. $3,288,418.00
Univ. of Illinois $1,739,610.00
Northwestern Univ. $0.00
Univ. of Minnesota $0.00

I didn't realize that the U of M made so much Profit.
rahr_yes_2.gif

WTF no wonder it's so hard to win games.

MangoTango

Ripe and Tangy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Athletic Dept Profit

Penn State Univ. $26,354,087.00
Univ. of Michigan $24,549,181.00
Michigan State Univ. $18,477,200.00
Ohio State Univ. $18,239,971.00
Univ. of Iowa $14,299,406.00
Indiana Univ. $7,022,613.00
Univ. of Wisconsin $3,779,582.00
Purdue Univ. $3,288,418.00
Univ. of Illinois $1,739,610.00
Northwestern Univ. $0.00
Univ. of Minnesota $0.00

I didn't realize that the U of M made so much Profit.
rahr_yes_2.gif

WTF no wonder it's so hard to win games.

wrong thread?

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again - NOBODY forced Aggie to leave. Funny that Kansas Freaking STATE went out and got their own network - they didn't go cry whine and run away like Aggie.

You'll soon find out that facts don't mean anything here. These haters just love to hate Texas, especially those period blood wearing crybabies 3 states north of us.

You get used to it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll soon find out that facts don't mean anything here. These haters just love to hate Texas, especially those period blood wearing crybabies 3 states north of us.

You get used to it.

My only issue with A&M is their loser mentality.

They cry the LHN is unfair, yet didn't have the vision or resolve to either be a part of it or start their own.

They have EVERY advantage Texas does - just as large an alumni base, probably bigger actually - rabid, highly delusional fanbase, and a large endowment, as well as great facilities.

Yet instead of using those to their advantage to market their program, improve their standing, and make more money, they instead cry and whine.

This mentality is not going to serve them well in the SEC. Being a crybaby will get you raped in the SEC.....they're going to run a train on Aggie.

If they don't figure out that their problems are their OWN, and not the fault of anyone else, THEN they will start to become a great program that can compete with the big dogs.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Ugh

Until the League got the NCAA involved it was a Texas vs the League issue. You guys always claim it was a network issue, but it wasnt. No one had a problem with your failed network till you started the HS bull shit forcing the WHOLE league to stop it. I doubt there is a fan on this board that hasn't been critical of their team for one reason or another, except you of course.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get used to it.

Fuck you, you pee drinking crap face.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh

Until the League got the NCAA involved it was a Texas vs the League issue. You guys always claim it was a network issue, but it wasnt. No one had a problem with your failed network till you started the HS bull shit forcing the WHOLE league to stop it. I doubt there is a fan on this board that hasn't been critical of their team for one reason or another, except you of course.

Once the league objected, the Texas AD said they would not do it. THEN the NCAA ruled against it.

ESPN owns the network, they'll televise what they want. Texas agreed with the rest of the conference not to do it........so again, WHAT is your point?

Really?