• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 BOMBSHELL

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot damn I can't stop looking at your avatar.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope this shit gets done soon.......im really tired of all these damn flip flopping stories..we are going,we are staying,nope we are going hold on a second we are going to stay

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist of it is that if OU leaves, and Texas then leaves, the Texas state legislature is going to sue the SEC and A&M for TI

Report sez that the legislature was going to let A&M go if the Big 12 remained together, but that since they started all this, they would get sued into the stone age. I don't think the SEC cares to deal with all that.

And I also don't think A&M can come back to the Big 12. So this is REALLY getting ugly.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying if Texas heads westward, nothing will happen, but if aggy goes eastward, they get sued? and possibly they won't be accepted into the SEC because of this?

LMAO that would be great.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying all along (since last year) that A&M is not a prize horse for the SEC. They will have to bring a better team in at the #14 spot or A&M will never get the votes from the schools presidents.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think A&M at least still goes to the SEC. The SEC can't really expand if it hangs A&M out to dry like this. No other school would leave a conference for the SEC. Both A&M and the SEC have made their bed.

I don't know if there has been an official answer but has A&M actually applied to the SEC yet? If not what are they waiting for? Things can only get messier for them. If they have why hasn't the SEC voted them in? Things can only get messier for them. If they were in there already they would at least have the defense of "when we left everyone said they were going to stay together. How could we know they were lying"? It gives them some plausible deniability.

Oklahoma may be able to be bought by the Big 12. But where is all the money come from? Every year a team is going to leave and Beebe throws more money at them. But if this money is there why doesn't he get it before they try to leave?

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Desperation.jpg

MangoTango

Ripe and Tangy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that doesnt even make sense
they would sue Texas AM and not sue Oklahoma and Texas?

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically what the article says is tha Beebe really would like to keep the B12

together because he couldnt get a job as the night clerk at a 7 11 if it

collapses

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aTm is in the SEC for all intents and purposes. I love Orange loose and think they do a fantastic job bu this is a fluff piece with very little actual basis to appease the Texas fans.

What in the he'll would the Texas legiature sue the SEC and one if their biggest schools with a huge alumni base for.... This is dumb and baseless.

It is like a damn divorce. Rambling nonsense is just being thrown around now.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Chipper says -

"An industry source with direct knowledge of the Longhorn Network said turning LHN into a regional network in the Pac-12 would be "very difficult." When I asked if it was impossible, the source said, "After last year, I don't subscribe to that word anymore."

I've been trying to tell you Horn's that for months, The LHN is a noose around neck and ESPN is not going to give up their 20 year rights so easily. You don't have the money to negotiate out of this one unless you open the Universitys General Fund. Dodds really fucked up, for all practical purposes he sold your athletic department to an outside party.

Your arrogance got you again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Sooners land on their feet, I couldn't care less about the rest of them. Always had respect for OU.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So you're saying if Texas heads westward, nothing will happen, but if aggy goes eastward, they get sued? and possibly they won't be accepted into the SEC because of this?

LMAO that would be great.

I think what he meant to say is if Aggie is the only one to leave it might go to litigation but I’m pretty sure the league agreed to arbitration regarding this issue. However, I read from multiple sources that if three teams leave together there is no arbitration and the league will legally disband without recourse. Maybe Boren’s flight last Sunday between to Columbia and College Station has something to do with that ....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

If the Big 12 disbands BECAUSE of A&M, then the legislature will sue for interference. You all forget, BAYLOR has the most reps in the legislature, and Ken Freaking Starr is the school president. This is not an idle threat, they WILL sue.

The LHN is not a noose, it's an ASSET. They come in with a 300 million network with them, which can be made into a regional network, which was the ORIGINAL plan for it to begin with!

ESPN has a big chunk of the PAC TV deal as well, this won't be as difficult as some of you Sooners think.