• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 Recruiting Standings 2013 (Updated 8/16/12 10:00pm)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtney Love (no relation to Kurt Cobain) has committed to Nebraska. Love is a 4-star, 6'1", 225 OLB from Youngstown, OH. He had at least 12 offers, including ones from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan St., and Ohio State. Huskers have 5 commits:
Tre'vell Dixon ATH, LA
A.J. Natter, DE, WI
Josh Banderas LB, NE
Courtney Love, LB, OH
Marcus McWilson DB, OH

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

He claims a Husker lead tho..

Be nice if we keep our Moony ties strong and grab Courtney Love.. hes all OSU if they offer, but they might have gotten their LBs

It's really a better fit for him. Canada has run spread and option in the past, but Bielema has made it clear that he intends for Wisconsin to remain pro-style. Canada has run pro before, so I think they'll stick with it.

I can't believe that kid's name is Courtney Love.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtney Love (no relation to Kurt Cobain) has committed to Nebraska. Love is a 3-star, 6'1", 225 OLB from Youngstwon, OH. He had at least 12 offers, including ones from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan St., and Ohio State. Huskers have 5 commits:
Tre'vell Dixon ATH, LA
A.J. Natter, DE, WI
Josh Banderas LB, NE
Courtney Love, LB, OH
Marcus McWilson DB, OH

Are you just using scout and rivals for the top rating?

Consider incorporating 247. They cover the midwest a lot better than the other services.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just using scout and rivals for the top rating?

Consider incorporating 247. They cover the midwest a lot better than the other services.

True. 247 is the source I usually go with.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has gotten a commitment from Nathan Bazata, a 3-star DT (6"2' 270) from Howells, Nebraska (Huskers had not offered him, nor had any other B1G team). Hawkeyes now have 5 commits:
Colin Goebel, OG, IL
Derrick Willies WR, IL
Nathan Bazata, DT, NE
David Kenney DE, IN
Delano Hill, DB, IA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer is at it again. Two more commits for the Buckeyes today - Joey Bosa, a 4-star, 6'5" 250-lb. DE from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, and Lewis Neal, 3-star, 6"1', 230-lb. DE from Wilson, NC. Bosa had > 10 offers, including ones from Michigan and Wisconsin. Neal's other B1G offer came from Purdue. The Buckeyes are up to 13 commits, inching a little closer to Michigan on the list:
JT Barrett, QB, Ohio St.
Marcus Baugh, TE, CA
Ezekiel Elliott RB, MO
Evan Lisle OL, OH
Jalin Marshall ATH, OH
Billy Price DT, OH
Lewis Neal DE, NC
Joey Bosa DE, FL
Tracy Sprinkle, DE, OH
Alex Anzalone, LB, PA
Jayme Thompson DB, OH
Eli Woodard DB, NJ
Cameron Burrows DB, OH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is on the move with another commit, 3rd in a week's time. This one is Brant Gressel, a 3-star DT from Centerville, OH. He's 6'2", 280 lbs, and had > 10 offers, including ones from Indiana and Minnesota. He is the Hawkeyes 6th commit:
Colin Goebel, OG, IL
Derrick Willies WR, IL
Nathan Bazata, DT, NE
Brant Gressel, DT, OH
David Kenney DE, IN
Delano Hill, DB, IA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were all wrong...Bailey picked Illinois.

Thanks for the heads up, Smart. I know it's disappointing for Wisc, and the 8 other B1G schools that offered Aaron Bailey, 6'2" dual-threat QB from Bollingbrook, Il, who did indeed commit to the Illini, currently unrepresented on the SportsHoopla. He is the 5th commitment for Illinois:
Aaron Bailey, QB, IL
Jesse Chadwell, OL, MI
Kendrick Foster, RB, IL
Chrisitan DiLauro, TE, OH
Dillan Cazley, DB, IL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has signed John Kenny, 3-star LB out of Carmel, IN. Mr. Kenny had offers from Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Boise St. and others. Hawkeyes have 7 commits:
Colin Goebel, OG, IL
Derrick Willies WR, IL
Nathan Bazata, DT, NE
Brant Gressel, DT, OH
David Kenney DE, IN
John Kenny, LB, IN
Delano Hill, DB, IA

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome work. It's great to see this in spot.

MrMojoRisin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In response to those criticizing the recruit rankings

I agree that the recruit ranking of a college football player doesn't predict a players career success, I will also say that ranking of a programs recruiting class does not correlate to it's success on the field. I will say that it is a great barometer of the programs stature or at least perception around the country, I will say that the actual status and preceived status are sometimes different ie Michigan, ND, TX, WI,FSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the recruit ranking of a college football player doesn't predict a players career success, I will also say that ranking of a programs recruiting class does not correlate to it's success on the field. I will say that it is a great barometer of the programs stature or at least perception around the country, I will say that the actual status and preceived status are sometimes different ie Michigan, ND, TX, WI,FSU

Welcome to SportsHoopla, MrMojoRisin - are you 'with a little girl in a Hollywood Bungalow'?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a long lull, Wisconsin has received another commit - 3-star wideout Rob Wheelwright, 6'3", 185 lbs. Nice tall receiver from Columbus, OH, who had offers from Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska et al. The Badgers have 4 commits:
Rob Wheelwright, WR, OH
Garret Dooley LB, IL
Austin Ramesh LB, WI
T.J. Watt DE, WI

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a long lull, Wisconsin has received another commit - 3-star wideout Rob Wheelwright, 6'3", 185 lbs. Nice tall receiver from Columbus, OH, who had offers from Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska et al. The Badgers have 4 commits:
Rob Wheelwright, WR, OH
Garret Dooley LB, IL
Austin Ramesh LB, WI
T.J. Watt DE, WI

I like it. He looks like a bigger kid, and that's a big part of the Badger redzone. Tall WRs and big, efficient TEs, so they can block or get open for a jump ball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. He looks like a bigger kid, and that's a big part of the Badger redzone. Tall WRs and big, efficient TEs, so they can block or get open for a jump ball.

It's a general trend - these 6'3"-6'4" guys, a lot of them are HS basketball players who really aren't tall enough to play forward in NCAA. So they focus on FB - they're long, fast, and can position themselves well on timing routes, and jump up and get the ball. Can really victimize a 5'10" corner that way. That's why you're seeing such demand for taller CB's in FBS and in The League.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a general trend - these 6'3"-6'4" guys, a lot of them are HS basketball players who really aren't tall enough to play forward in NCAA. So they focus on FB - they're long, fast, and can position themselves well on timing routes, and jump up and get the ball. Can really victimize a 5'10" corner that way. That's why you're seeing such demand for taller CB's in FBS and in The League.

Agreed. Unfortunately for corners, there aren't many teams willing to put those guy out there in pass coverage. Even if they do, corners are usually small and light because they have to be even more agile than receivers, since they have to react to everything receiver is doing.