• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 Recruiting Standings 2013 (Updated 8/16/12 10:00pm)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello to all. The decimal number is the teams score using the JM Method™.

1. Michigan, 23 commits, 19.9
2. Ohio St., 16 commits, 13.95
3. Illinois, 18 commits, 12.3
4. Nebraska, 14 commits, 11.05
5. Iowa, 16 commits, 9.95
6. Northwestern, 17 commits, 9.75
7. Wisconsin, 12 commits, 8.95
8. Penn St., 9 commits 7.6
9. Mich St, 11 commits, 7.25
10. Purdue, 10 commits, 6.95
11. Indiana, 8 commits, 5.15
12. Minnesota, 6 commits, 3.15

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Michigan is killing it right now, and must be stopped somehow.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Michigan is killing it right now, and must be stopped somehow.

Fuvk Meatchicken. That shit team up north as my man Woody Hays called them. They will sink to the bottom and will continue to be dominated by The Ohio State Buckeyes. In Urban we trust. I'll get you more info on recruiting folks. What sources are you using? I like using Scout, 247 is good. I use Bucknuts for my Buckeyes insider.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuvk Meatchicken. That shit team up north as my man Woody Hays called them. They will sink to the bottom and will continue to be dominated by The Ohio State Buckeyes. In Urban we trust. I'll get you more info on recruiting folks. What sources are you using? I like using Scout, 247 is good. I use Bucknuts for my Buckeyes insider.

I use one of those - the scoring is based on an average of evaluations from different sources. Feel free to post Ohio St's commits, if you like. Notre Dame is lurking around, too - snagged a top recruit from Philly (McGlinchey) and two from OH, and I hear they're moving on some more.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be in this thread as much as you want me to be, JM.

I don't take recruiting rankings seriously at all. On the whole, they have missed as much as they have hit in Wisconsin's case. Our top 5 ranked recruits in the class of 2008 and 2009 (via ESPN) have started 0 games combined. Meanwhile, our lowest recruit that ESPN bothered to grade from 2007 is a three year starter who will likely be picked in the 4th-6th round of the NFL. Nick Toon, Peter Konz, Russell Wilson, Kevin Zeitler, and Antonio Fenelus (all likely to be drafted) were three stars or less.

I also dislike the fact that recruiting rankings are biased against us, but that is a discussion for a different day.

That said, there are guys who i'd really love to see commit to Wisconsin this year. The guys who I hope wind up in Madison are:

Ty Isaac- The #1 ranked RB in America, he ran for more than 500 yards in the state championship. He is from Chicagoland (close to Madison), and he will have had two years to see Montee Ball and realize that he could thrive. If we are going to land any super-recruit this year, I think it is him.

Francis Owusu- A four star WR from California, he'd fill our need for a big WR target (we have recruited primarily speed guys the last couple of years). He'd also continue the Bart Houston example, and make us a serious player in the state.

Ethan Pocic- Beast OT from Lemont (IL), the same high school that produced David Molk and Colby Fleener. He's athletic, well-coached, and could be a superstar in Wisconsin.

Darius Latham- 4-star DT from Indianapolis. This team's biggest weakness the last two years has been at DT. He's explosive and has plenty of room to grow. I feel like we would have gone undefeated last year if we had an athletic hole plugger like him.

Joey Bosa and AJ Natter- Bosa is from Thomas Aquinas, the school that produced current Badger and likely 2013 starter James White. Natter is the top prospect from the state of Wisconsin. Both have more potential than anybody we have at this position, a spot that struggled last year without JJ Watt. With their athleticism, ether of these guys could follow the Watt footprint to the first round if they have the will.

Dorian O'Daniel- A really good OLB who wants to play RB, Wisconsin is the one school that has serious history of crafting people of his size into stars at both position. I'm hoping his RB dreams will take him to Madison, where i'd be fine with him on either side of the ball.

These are the superstar athletes that I want. Beyond that, I trust our coaching staff to find good diamonds in the rough. Bielema and company have been doing this for a while.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that, we only have 9 or 10 scholarships to give out this year. We already have three recruits: TJ Watt (JJ's brother, TE), Garrett Dooley (very good MLB from IL),and Austin Ramesh (I know practically nothing about this guy, but he's listed as an athlete from Wisconsin). These are the type of players that typically make great Badger recruits, and all will have good players and coaches to help them develop as well as time to learn. None of these guys are superstar signings, but i'm happy with them ans sure they will thrive in our system.

Edited by Mod for current Wisconsin Commits:
Garret Dooley LB, IL
Austin Ramesh LB, WI
T.J. Watt DE, WI

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 highest ranked recruiting classes for Iowa since Ferentz took over have the 2 worst 4 year records of all of his recruiting classes... LOL.

Edited by Mod for Current Iowa commits:
David Kenney DE, IN
Derrick Willies WR, IL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be in this thread as much as you want me to be, JM.

I don't take recruiting rankings seriously at all. On the whole, they have missed as much as they have hit in Wisconsin's case. Our top 5 ranked recruits in the class of 2008 and 2009 (via ESPN) have started 0 games combined. Meanwhile, our lowest recruit that ESPN bothered to grade from 2007 is a three year starter who will likely be picked in the 4th-6th round of the NFL. Nick Toon, Peter Konz, Russell Wilson, Kevin Zeitler, and Antonio Fenelus (all likely to be drafted) were three stars or less.

We've offered Pocic as well. Nice post, and repped when I'm reloaded. I really mean this as an avenue for discussion for B1G recruiting in general. There's no Big 10 board, and I can't edit the top post (not a mod) on the CFB general discussion board. BTW, Danny O'Brien doesn't count as a recruit, but is (probably) a nice acquisition, nonetheless.

I know what you mean that recruiting 'star-systems' don't always tell the tale truthfully, but I do feel the success of Alabama under Saban, Florida (for a while) under Meyer, Southern Cal and Ohio St. during the glory years, among others, had a lot to do with recruiting. Those teams were jam-packed with high-level talent, and the recruiting rankings did live up to the hype in some cases. OTOH, Florida State always seems to be in the top 5 in recruiting, and never in the top 5 in the postseason rankings. Texas is always near the top, but has struggled on the field of late. I agree that there's not a direct correlation between the star system and success, it has a lot to do with the system and the coach. But getting the recruits you want often makes your system run a lot better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been informed that Ohio State today signed 4-star TE Marcus Baugh from Riverside, CA. Damn Meyer is workin' it coast-to-coast. He's the Buckeyes 8th recruit:
Marcus Baugh, TE, CA
Cameron Burrows DB, OH
Ezekiel Elliott RB, MO
Evan Lisle OL, OH
Jalin Marshall ATH, OH
Billy Price DT, OH
Jayme Thompson DB, OH
Eli Woodard DB, NJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has signed another recruit, 4-start LB Ben Gedeon from OH. Must be offering hookers and cash or something up there.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has signed another recruit, 4-start LB Ben Gedeon from OH. Must be offering hookers and cash or something up there.

I think we are set at LB at the expense of PSU. Normally PSU is known as LB University, but Urban took advantage of PSU's issues and flipped a couple of recruits as a result.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are set at LB at the expense of PSU. Normally PSU is known as LB University, but Urban took advantage of PSU's issues and flipped a couple of recruits as a result.

^^We're not done yet, friend. There are some irons in the fire.

Illinois got a commit yesterday from Kendrick Foster, 3-star RB from Peoria, IL. They now have 3 commits:
Dillan Cazley, DB, IL
Jesse Chadwell, OL, MI
Kendrick Foster, RB, IL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illini score another commit: Chrisitan DiLauro, 3-star tight end from Uniontown, OH.
They now have 4 commits:
Dillan Cazley, DB, IL
Jesse Chadwell, OL, MI
Kendrick Foster, RB, IL
Chrisitan DiLauro, TE, OH

Nebraska got another Thursday in Josh Banderas, Four-star LB from Lincoln, NE. They have 3 commits:
Josh Banderas LB, NE
Tre'vell Dixon ATH, LA
Marcus McWilson DB, OH

Iowa picked up their second commit Tuesday - Derrick Willies, 3-star WR from Rock Island, IL.
They have 2 now:
David Kenney DE, IN
Derrick Willies WR, IL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is starting to move - yesterday they signed Delano Hill, a 3-star DB from Detroit.
They have 3 commits:
David Kenney DE, IN
Derrick Willies WR, IL
Delano Hill, DB, IA

And Northwestern gets on the board with 4 star QB Matt Alviti from Park Ridge, IL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only commit yesterday was from Andrew Nelson, OL from Hershey, PA to Penn State.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska got a commit yesterday from A.J. Natter, DE from Milton, WI. They now have 4 commits.
Josh Banderas LB, NE
Tre'vell Dixon ATH, LA
Marcus McWilson DB, OH
A.J. Natter, DE, WI

This apparently unleashed a little firestorm here at SportsHoopla.

Michigan State pulled in two commitments: 3-star dual-threat QB Damion Terry from Erie, PA. Shane Jones, LB from Cincinnati, OH. Spartans have 7 commits:
Jalyn Powell ATH, OH
Gerald Holmes RB, MI
Shane Jones LB, OH
Jalyn Powell ATH, OH
Jon Reschke LB, MI
R.J. Shelton DB, WI
Damion Terry QB, PA

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Natter = DE

Mod: Thanks. Will rep when reloaded.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started paying attention to 2013 recruits after having to slap down some more Husker BS. I promise that will be my only comment on them.

So here are my thoughts. Michigan finally found the right coach. I think that's probably going to be a disaster for their division. I don't say that just because of the ranking of their recruits, but on his personality and what I think he's going to turn those players into. They're not going to be the Michigan players of the last 15 years, who think they've already proven everything just by stepping onto the field in maize and blue. They have something to prove. That's dangerous.

I think this could be a rough class for Wisconsin, in terms of their ranking. But I already like some of the players who are committing. If TJ Watt's body develops late like JJ's, there's no reason he can't excel. He has the skills.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is scary.

The Huskers have put together 2 great classes in a row, and look to be on pace for another good recruiting year