• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best team in NFC?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't my reporting. I personally did not think they were contenders but it seems all the media outlets in the U.S. were drinking the Cowboys Kool Aid. I personally don't think they would win the SB with Romo as QB.
When you say all of the media outlets do you mean none?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly is the Packer defense "just bad"? They are in the top 10 if not just outside it in pretty much every category and have the best run defense in the league?

I watched them play. I don't base my opinion only from the stat sheet. It can be deceiving. The Packers played two good offenses and were lit up by both of them. It is a long season.....maybe they will get it together but from what I have see this season so far is that they put up little resistance againt good teams.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say all of the media outlets do you mean none?

Took you more than a week to come up with that? I already replied about that comment. I remember hearing they were in the hunt. I honestly don't remember where I heard it. Really not that serious because if I was wrong it would make me happy because I hate the Cowboys......reporting aside....they are in the hunt now.......does it really matter?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took you more than a week to come up with that? I already replied about that comment. I remember hearing they were in the hunt. I honestly don't remember where I heard it. Really not that serious because if I was wrong it would make me happy because I hate the Cowboys......reporting aside....they are in the hunt now.......does it really matter?
Yes I sat on it for a week. :thumb:

You were wrong.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagle D looked great yesterday, but Dallas' OL is light years better than Minny's.

True - but somehow the Dallas O-line has never been that good against the Eagles, for some reason... interesting to see how it works out this year, with a different scheme for the Eagles defense.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True - but somehow the Dallas O-line has never been that good against the Eagles, for some reason... interesting to see how it works out this year, with a different scheme for the Eagles defense.

One thing is for sure, a lot of people are interested in this game.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that Dak is alot more mobile than Romo has really helped the oline out. With Romo back there you knew all you had to do was get to him and he was done especially last year. With Dak you really have to worry about him taking off for an easy run and it changes the mindset of the defense imo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC is wide open at the top. The obvious ones...MIN, DAL, SEA can all lay claim, but all have areas that can be exploited.

DAL is heavily reliant on rookies at QB and RB...not that unusual for a RB, and Dak is playing great, but have they really had to come from behind and win a game yet? Their D is playing better than many thought. I like what I see, but I'm wondering...can they win from behind, and will it hold up?

MIN has a very solid DEF, 2 quality wins (I'm still claiming @ CAR a quality win)...but I still don't know if they have the running game to be complete and if it falls on Bradford, can he deliver....idk

SEA...they have OL issues and they can be solved offensively but still have a SB caliber DEF and they have been there...I'm going to say SEA is the best team in the NFC right now. Not saying they will, but I can see them going into MIN or DAL and winning, I'm not sure about either DAL or MIN going into SEA and winning.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC is wide open at the top. The obvious ones...MIN, DAL, SEA can all lay claim, but all have areas that can be exploited.

DAL is heavily reliant on rookies at QB and RB...not that unusual for a RB, and Dak is playing great, but have they really had to come from behind and win a game yet? Their D is playing better than many thought. I like what I see, but I'm wondering...can they win from behind, and will it hold up?

MIN has a very solid DEF, 2 quality wins (I'm still claiming @ CAR a quality win)...but I still don't know if they have the running game to be complete and if it falls on Bradford, can he deliver....idk

SEA...they have OL issues and they can be solved offensively but still have a SB caliber DEF and they have been there...I'm going to say SEA is the best team in the NFC right now. Not saying they will, but I can see them going into MIN or DAL and winning, I'm not sure about either DAL or MIN going into SEA and winning.
Dallas was down 14 to SF and came back to win but it was san fran lol. We were also down in the 4th quarter against Washington and came back to win.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really thought Minny offense was exposed as the popgun offense it really is last week. It puts no fear in anybody.

And a couple of years ago Dallas went into Seattle and beat them pretty good. I think they are better now and Seattle is not nearly as good as they were then.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still saying Minn.
Today I say Dal/Sea tied for second.
If Dallas wins and Seattle has another terrible offensive day I give the 2nd place edge to Dallas. Seattle needs to start controlling the ball and scoring more in order to give that D a rest. Otherwise they'll be toast come pkayoff time. They've already had theiir bye and thier back ups aren't what they used to be.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Minny offense was exposed as the popgun offense it really is last week. It puts no fear in anybody.

And a couple of years ago Dallas went into Seattle and beat them pretty good. I think they are better now and Seattle is not nearly as good as they were then.

Yep...w/o AP it kinda exposes the good, but young WRs in MIN, no true WR1.

What happened a couple of years ago probably doesn't mean much today...I do agree SEA is not quite as good today, but they still have plenty of guys that have done it on the big stage...that's largely why I would give them the edge vs either DAL or MIN right now.