• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Seafood in Boston?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a favorite place for lobster or clams? Thought the Pats forum would be as good a place as any to ask.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is America's butthole.

It's a godamn toilet is what it is.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Boston, the city, the most famous place to get any seafood is a "Legal Seafood".

The best places to get the tasting seafood is outside of the Boston city proper. Take a ride up Route 1 toward Maine and you'll hit a lot of small old restaurants that have been serving great seafood since 1900. If it's clams you want, go to Ipswich, MA. Ipswich clams are the best in the world and there isn't a bad place to get them. Steamed, boiled or fried, it has no equal. The only seafood I can eat are fried clams and Ipswich fried clams have no equal.

By the way, the best lobsters come from Maine. That's about an hour north of Boston. The best seafood in my opinion in New England is Huot's Restaurant. Located in Camp Ellis, Maine about 5 miles beyond Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Huot's is located where the Saco River meets the Atlantic Ocean. My family owned a camp in Camp Ellis when I was a kid. Clam Cakes were $.05 and pint of French fries were $.15 in 1955. Today the cakes (best the world) are $1.25 and pint of fries is $2.25. My wife and I still drive up there for a dinner at least once every summer.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The No Name restaurant in the Seaport District.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Boston, the city, the most famous place to get any seafood is a "Legal Seafood".

The best places to get the tasting seafood is outside of the Boston city proper. Take a ride up Route 1 toward Maine and you'll hit a lot of small old restaurants that have been serving great seafood since 1900. If it's clams you want, go to Ipswich, MA. Ipswich clams are the best in the world and there isn't a bad place to get them. Steamed, boiled or fried, it has no equal. The only seafood I can eat are fried clams and Ipswich fried clams have no equal.

By the way, the best lobsters come from Maine. That's about an hour north of Boston. The best seafood in my opinion in New England is Huot's Restaurant. Located in Camp Ellis, Maine about 5 miles beyond Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Huot's is located where the Saco River meets the Atlantic Ocean. My family owned a camp in Camp Ellis when I was a kid. Clam Cakes were $.05 and pint of French fries were $.15 in 1955. Today the cakes (best the world) are $1.25 and pint of fries is $2.25. My wife and I still drive up there for a dinner at least once every summer.

I remember eating Ipswich clams as a kid. Even then there were little joints all along the seaboard. You could stop at any of them and be happy. We were poor when I was a kid. My dad was a fisherman in Gloucester and he would bring home buckets of small lobsters. I got so tired of them - until I moved to California and quit getting them!
We also got a lot of butterfish. I don't remember if it was any good but I now know we were eating bait.....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Boston but its just a short drive down to Wethersfield CT. for Red Lobster.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember eating Ipswich clams as a kid. Even then there were little joints all along the seaboard. You could stop at any of them and be happy. We were poor when I was a kid. My dad was a fisherman in Gloucester and he would bring home buckets of small lobsters. I got so tired of them - until I moved to California and quit getting them!
We also got a lot of butterfish. I don't remember if it was any good but I now know we were eating bait.....

When I was 12, I piloted a 62' trawler to Georges Bank. We were fishing for Hake, Cusk, Halibut. I can remember gutting 40 lb. haddock and throwing it overboard for the sharks. We'd keep any single haddock over 50 lbs., filet it on deck and sell it for shipment to Europe. I have to laugh because today, there are no 30 lb haddock, halibut is rare, cusk and hake have gone so deep that it can't be netted anymore. The deepest we'd trawl is 75' below the surface and the winces strained severly bring in the full nets. No one can work the area anymore because the Canadian Gov't. declared the Banks illegal grounds. The Russians were hauling the area using converted oil tankers and the Canadians got pissed.

Like anything else, time and fools ruin what was once a plentiful source of food.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wethersfield CT. for Red Lobster.

Red lobster might just be the worst seafood restaurant on earth. It's primarily prefabricated frozen food. Any true New Englander would never waste his money there. The elderly eat there because the food is soft and has a strong flavor. My wife calls it fake fish.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Lobster and Olive Garden are owned by the same company.

Calling Olive Garden and Italian Eatery is a crime..........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red lobster might just be the worst seafood restaurant on earth. It's primarily prefabricated frozen food. Any true New Englander would never waste his money there. The elderly eat there because the food is soft and has a strong flavor. My wife calls it fake fish.

My 1st wife worked at Red Lobster. I could eat for free and I would not eat there......

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm Ken, Sarcasm.