• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best dual sport schools

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the last two years, I think we are absolutely #1. We will likely return to Earth in basketball next year, but I love the way our programs are going. It also doesn't hurt that Women's Volleyball (the #4 sport on campus) seems to be heading towards being the #1 program in the country.

If Men's Hockey could get their shit together, I'd argue we are the best four sport school in the country.

Wisconsin football is dragging them down. Too many losses the last couple years, including unranked LSU, unranked Northwestern, and unranked Penn State. Toss in a 59-0 KO vs. Ohio State, and you see why they weren't included as a top-4 team.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the last two years, I think we are absolutely #1. We will likely return to Earth in basketball next year, but I love the way our programs are going. It also doesn't hurt that Women's Volleyball (the #4 sport on campus) seems to be heading towards being the #1 program in the country.

If Men's Hockey could get their shit together, I'd argue we are the best four sport school in the country.

That 59-0 ass raping says no....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin football is dragging them down. Too many losses the last couple years, including unranked LSU, unranked Northwestern, and unranked Penn State. Toss in a 59-0 KO vs. Ohio State, and you see why they weren't included as a top-4 team.

That 59-0 ass raping says no....

It's amazing how we went almost seven years without losing by more than ten, and it was always "margin of victory is irrelevant...wins and losses are everything." Then we get killed (during an 11-3 season), and all of a sudden margin of victory is everything.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider Stanford, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame to be the best if you make education a third variable.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should make the list for the next 5 as long as Malzahn and Pearl stay around. Bringing in the 14th ranked basketball class next year

I do like Bruce Pearl, and {given time}he will definitely make your basketball team relevant on the national scene. This will definitely help the SEC in general.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how we went almost seven years without losing by more than ten, and it was always "margin of victory is irrelevant...wins and losses are everything." Then we get killed (during an 11-3 season), and all of a sudden margin of victory is everything.

Now you've got both: a lot of losses to unranked teams AND a 59-0 beatdown on your resume.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well more than one violation :whistle: I'm going to have to agree with Samurai with Michigans history of corruption i'm motioning to vacate their spot. Michigan State is the better two sport team.

uhhhhh. Then I guess we have to remove everyone's championships...ever. Is there a single program at this point without a history of a major violation or at least an accusation of paying players?

In fact, here:
College Football (FBS) and NCAA Probation FootballGeography.com

That's just football but it proves the point.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that championship falls right in the same time as a Michigan booster paying players.

No it doesn't. It was before the fab 5. The whole point was that the booster lured the fab five here with incentives. There's not a drop of evidence to suggest it goes beyond them. In fact, the team prior to that was kind of an unforeseen success. I would hope our boosters could have bought better recruits than that at the time.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you've got both: a lot of losses to unranked teams AND a 59-0 beatdown on your resume.

If that's how you want to characterize an 11-3 season, that's your choice. It's a little bizarre considering it's not like you guys were very competitive with Ohio State, either. If Ohio State could have held onto the football, you would have lost 56-10.

Not to mention that in 2013, you guys got beatdown by an unranked team. The last time that happened to the Badgers, I was in middle school.

But hey, at least your basketball team was eliminated by someone good both of the last two years.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. It was before the fab 5. The whole point was that the booster lured the fab five here with incentives. There's not a drop of evidence to suggest it goes beyond them. In fact, the team prior to that was kind of an unforeseen success. I would hope our boosters could have bought better recruits than that at the time.
I never said they cheated but it does put it in question when it is close in proximity in time to when the cheating did occur.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they cheated but it does put it in question when it is close in proximity in time to when the cheating did occur.
So none of Alabama's football titles count because they were just coming off probation from major violations?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So none of Alabama's football titles count because they were just coming off probation from major violations?
If Michigan State won the title this year, then spent 6 of the next 8 years paying players, and someone questioned if something funny was happening during the title year, I would say that it is a legitimate question.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse, UNC, Alabama, BYU, Clemson as dual threat schools? :rofl::stfu:

Alabama is a dual threat school. Threat of beating you in football, threat of being tea bagged after the game.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan State won the title this year, then spent 6 of the next 8 years paying players, and someone questioned if something funny was happening during the title year, I would say that it is a legitimate question.

So none of USC's count then....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So none of USC's count then....
when did I say they didn't count. I said they were shady. Use that wolverine education that you got and actually read what's written, not what you want to be there. Sounds like you have a guilty conscious, especially for someone who doesn't care about basketball.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did I say they didn't count. I said they were shady. Use that wolverine education that you got and actually read what's written, not what you want to be there. Sounds like you have a guilty conscious, especially for someone who doesn't care about basketball.

It was implied. Otherwise, there would be no point to bring it up in this conversation unless you were trying to eliminate or devalue our title.

And, no, I still don't really care about basketball. It's a horrible sport.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was implied. Otherwise, there would be no point to bring it up in this conversation unless you were trying to eliminate or devalue our title.

And, no, I still don't really care about basketball. It's a horrible sport.
You brought up titles as being extremely important. I'm pointing out that half of your titles should have a cloud hanging over it do to cheating shortly afterwards. Does it count, yes, never suggested or implied it didnt.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought up titles as being extremely important. I'm pointing out that half of your titles should have a cloud hanging over it do to cheating shortly afterwards. Does it count, yes, never suggested or implied it didnt.
If it counts, it counts. Clouds mean nothing.