• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennie Logan reportedly turned down long-term contract

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh....pure deflection....

DPD,

I already know my team isn't perfect, and needs to address a lot of things moving forward, like every other team. I don't need you and your condescending opinions and regurgitation of information we already know to remind me of that. Why don't you talk about your other team instead? Do you even know what's going on over there? Do you know who Paraag Marthe is and how he and York have been fucking up the 49ers for the last decade? Did you know that Chip isn't the coach anymore?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD,

I already know my team isn't perfect, and needs to address a lot of things moving forward, like every other team. I don't need you and your condescending opinions and regurgitation of information we already know to remind me of that. Why don't you talk about your other team instead? Do you even know what's going on over there? Do you know who Paraag Marthe is and how he and York have been fucking up the 49ers for the last decade? Did you know that Chip isn't the coach anymore?

I'm thinking he left the Niners when they fired Chip, just like he did here. Now he has no team, just like Chip.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like you did when I asked you... why you are back when you stated you were saying your last good bye here.

Well to quote Richard Gere in "An Officer and a Gentleman"...."Because I got nowhere else to go".

Would love to be an Eagle's Fan again, but I am thoroughly convinced that Howie is ruining the franchise. Hoping you guys could talk me off the ledge, but of course talking me off the ledge doesn't interest you. :)

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to quote Richard Gere in "An Officer and a Gentleman"...."Because I got nowhere else to go".

Would love to be an Eagle's Fan again, but I am thoroughly convinced that Howie is ruining the franchise. Hoping you guys could talk me off the ledge, but of course talking me off the ledge doesn't interest you. :)

This makes no sense. Being here so that others can convince you to be a fan again sounds creepy and weird.

I'm not going to let Howie Roseman dictate whether I'm a fan of my team or not. If anything the pressure is on him now more than ever to deliver - no more excuses.

Plus I don't believe you have any interest whatsoever in having "people talk you off the ledge", you are just here to raise people's dander and incite reactions to draw attention to yourself. If you're not a fan of your team anymore, go find something else to do bro. Spring is here, there's going to be plenty to do outside. Leave the banter to the real fans about what their team is going to do, for better or for worse.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the lack of funds this offseason, you see the Eagles doing some combination of trading one gap for another and forward spending the cap.

Everyone is doing this. You seem to ignore this fact and make posts as if the Eagles are the only team that does this.

Yes they made an interesting signing at Receiver, but they gave up Bennie Logan and Connor Barwin to get there.

This is just stupid. An interesting signing at receiver? Jefferies is a bona fide #1 receiver and the 1 year deal is pure genius because we now have his rights. If he comes back to form (which I think he will) we can lock him up and at the worst franchise him. As it pertains to Bennie Logan you seem to completely ignore the entire point of the thread. He turned down a long term deal which to be honest would have been overpaying him which is what you seem to constantly bitch about anyway. Connor Barwin was cut....we could have kept him but his cap hit was too much for a one trick pony at DE.

The Foles thing is disturbing, not because of Foles, but because they are still paying Daniel as well, and had to structure the contract to essentially spend 2018 cap rather than 2017. Seems like a horrible decision to have to make to end up paying both of them. Suggests that they were seriously uncomfortable with keeping Daniel for 2017 for whatever reason.

Again another comment that is lacking intelligence. Cutting Daniel saved the Eagles $1 mil in cap space but they also restructured his deal to where the offset language would give the Eagles more space when Daniels signs with another team. Foles is purely a backup and the signing was a good one. When you take a look at everything in just single instances you can see how things worked out overall. We traded Foles to the Rams that got us Bradford who we in turn traded to the Vikings for a #1 pick. We get Foles overall for less money and will recoup money when Daniels signs elsewhere and we know he will. He just wanted a shot at being a starter and will get a contract somewhere for more money what what Foles signed for.

But perhaps the biggest issue is they are now seriously short on defense at both Defensive Line and Corner. They need for several rookie to contribute right away and there likely is little depth at those positions. For a defensive philosophy that relies on line pressure and often puts its Corners one on one, it looks like it could be a tough year for the defense.

Do you do any research before you post? This is another stupid comment. First of all.....DLine and CB were already holes. While losing Logan may hurt it will not be as bad as you think. They will get a replacment for decent money. This is funny becuase you are criticizing the Eagles for not overpaying for someone but when they do you go nuts. In other words no decision they make will be good enough for you. You seem to have a major problem with Howie and I will ask again....did you catch him banging your wife or something?

As far a cornerbacks go the Eagles were horrible last year and this is one of the deepest CB drafts in quite some time. The best corner in the market this year was vastly overpaid and the Eagles were burned before doing that so they are playing it smart. CB's in this draft will make immediate impacts on teams.

So I suggest you try to use some actual football knowledge when you post here. You get jumped on because it is obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Logan could stomach lining up beside someone (Fletcher Cox) making twice as much money as he does, so he left.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Power Rankings: Where all 32 teams stand after the free agency shuffle

The Eagles ranked 25th before Free Agency and they rank 25th after Free Agency. They are not a good team and are not improving despite having committed $18M more total dollars in cash over the next three years than any other team in the NFL. Props to Lurie, he opens his wallet and spends the money.

But it is on Howie that he is paying $19.5M this year to Bradford, Daniel and Foles.

Its on Howie that he gave an $18M guarantee to a backup Defensive End in Vinny Curry.

Its on Howie that he have a $6M guarantee to Brent Celek.

Its on Howie that we don't know who the Eagles starters are at DT, DE and CB and are likely starting rookies or journeyman at those spots.

So yeah, I am pissed at Howie. Lurie gives him an open checkbook and he fields the 25th ranked team after spending the most money.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip's ugly shadow wears off after this season. I'm so happy Howie moved that processs along by removing the baggage chip brought here. Too bad we're still missing all the great players chip let leave for nothing, but the rebuild is very solid.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip's ugly shadow wears off after this season. I'm so happy Howie moved that processs along by removing the baggage chip brought here. Too bad we're still missing all the great players chip let leave for nothing, but the rebuild is very solid.

Blaming Chip is a stronger play than defending Howie's actions.